IGNORED

divorced peachers teachers

IreneM

Guest Bro David™

True of course if the hearsay allegations about Him are really true.

In anycase We should really look into it deeper to see who is accusing Him and how real it is.

Many have taken on a approach into debunking Gods chosen ones just for the fun of it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Bro David: It's very hard for me to trust people these days. I've seen and heard so much, I am very skeptical.

I've seen good people torn apart by rumor and false accusation while wicked people continue on for many years before being exposed.

I have to focus on keeping my attention on my own ton of shame, which I am reminded of daily.

Everytime I begin to think I've made progress, I'm humbled by another shortcoming.

Much like Apostle Paul, I find a thorn in the flesh that buffets me continually.

Guest Bro David™
Bro David: It's very hard for me to trust people these days. I've seen and heard so much, I am very skeptical.

I've seen good people torn apart by rumor and ifalse accusation while wicked people continue on for many years before being exposed.

I have to focus on keeping my attention on my own ton of shame, which I am reminded of daily.

Everytime I begin to think I've made progress, I'm humbled by another shortcoming.

Much like Apostle Paul, I find a thorn in the flesh that buffets me continually.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL me too, I am also struggling with a thorn in my flesh.

In any case The Spirit will discern and we should Hear.

That way we will not have to rely on our Thoughts or Peoples words.

Bless You.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

OK I'm the badguy for asking the question

let all these divorced people 3 and 4 times keep on preaching teaching go right on listening to them They teach the Word it does not matter of they live it...............

Im an tired of being the only one who sees something wrong with this. but I will stand and keep on standing because it is wrong to listen to these people it is wrong to set under them

In Christ

IreneM

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

You're not alone. :emot-highfive: But I did want to make this comment concerning your comment:

there are some times when divorce is necessay for survival for peace of mind

Our "peace of mind" should come only from God and His Word to us. His Word tells us that we can have peace of mind in the worst of circumstances. No where are we told we can go against His word to get peace of mind. Just my two cents. :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

peace of mind your hubby is not going to come home and beat the crap out of you

peace of mind the lights will not be turned off becasue he drank the money away

peace of mind she is not out sleeping around when you are at work

etc

that is what I am talking about

but yet peace comes from Teh Lord Gad almighty

In christ

IreneM

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

yep, i still see it,

a murderer, can be a preacher/teacher, but not a divorcee. cool with me.

a murderer by proxie can, but not a divorcee that is living a wholesome life style for the last decade.

as I have said many times before.

I do not condemn those that are divorced, but I do not condone it.

neither do I condemn those with the better then thou attitude nor do I condone that.

I do not condemn those that are drug dealers, that are killing people by proxie, nor do I the murdereeres, they condemn themselves....

one of my best friends was one that was about as deep into drugs as one can go, and part of his testimony is that of killing a lady on the lake, she was cut in half by the boat he was driving while high on crystal meth.... God got ahold of him and is using this man in ministry. nope, he is not divorced, and served his time. most places would probably tell him he is not welcome, we said come in, and fellowship, and soon he lead his arresting officer to the Lord..... this man is on fire for the Lord.

I know many divorced people that are working for the Lord, teaching, preaching, doing the Lords work where ever they go..... seems like the Lord is not a respector of peoples past, and will use those that are willing to be used, will use those that are ready to be used, that want to be used, that are not afraid of stepping out and taking a risk for the Lord.....

if 95 % of the work is done by 5 % of the people, and 50 % of the people are divorced ( in the churches ) then who is doing the work? and why isnt the rest of the people doing the work that are not divorced....

with stats like that, 50% of the people should be doing 100% of the work, and the divorced should be shut out of the churches, cause they can not teach or preach.

kind of funny thou when i see those that are divorced doing work and those that are not, living off of the work the divorceees are doing.... hmmm

ok,

so God hates divorce,

that is well understood thru the many divorce threads.

does God hate the divorcee? NO WAY, God loves the person, the people. and God will forgive them upon them asking. if you say that those that are remarried are the ones that have sinned, then I believe God will also forgive them if they ask and repent, and repenting does not include getting divorced again and returning to the first spouse.......

should we treat those that are divorced worse then we would a murderer?

or a thief? or rapist? hmm a rapist can repent, because they have not beeen marriedd, divorced and remarried, they just committed adultry ( rape ), that can be forgiven....

some times while reading these threads, on many subjects, i feel as thou people are trying to hide what they really feel, or they are trying to justify what they feel, or have done,... some times it looks as thou people are trying to make themselves look better by making others look bad...

I, myself, am a sinner, that by the Grace of God was saved from myself, from my retrobate life, only by the sacrafice that Christ Jesus suffered am I found righteous, and have favor, only by Christ, I can not do anything myself to gain this favor, it is only by the Grace of God.....

mike

Guest Bro David™
yep, i still see it,

a murderer, can be a preacher/teacher, but not a divorcee. cool with me.

a murderer by proxie can, but not a divorcee that is living a wholesome life style for the last decade.

as I have said many times before.

I do not condemn those that are divorced, but I do not condone it.

neither do I condemn those with the better then thou attitude nor do I condone that.

I do not condemn those that are drug dealers, that are killing people by proxie, nor do I the murdereeres, they condemn themselves....

one of my best friends was one that was about as deep into drugs as one can go, and part of his testimony is that of killing a lady on the lake, she was cut in half by the boat he was driving while high on crystal meth.... God got ahold of him and is using this man in ministry. nope, he is not divorced, and served his time.  most places would probably tell him he is not welcome, we said come in, and fellowship, and soon he lead his arresting officer to the Lord..... this man is on fire for the Lord.

I know many divorced people that are working for the Lord, teaching, preaching, doing the Lords work where ever they go..... seems like the Lord is not a respector of peoples past, and will use those that are willing to be used, will use those that are ready to be used, that want to be used, that are not afraid of stepping out and taking a risk for the Lord.....

if 95 % of the work is done by 5 % of the people, and 50 % of the people are divorced ( in the churches ) then who is doing the work? and why isnt the rest of the people doing the work that are not divorced....

with stats like that, 50% of the people should be doing 100% of the work, and the divorced should be shut out of the churches, cause they can not teach or preach.

kind of funny thou when i see those that are divorced doing work and those that are not, living off of the work the divorceees are doing.... hmmm

ok,

so God hates divorce,

that is well understood thru the many divorce threads.

does God hate the divorcee?  NO WAY, God loves the person, the people.  and God will forgive them upon them asking.  if you say that those that are remarried are the ones that have sinned, then I believe God will also forgive them if they ask and repent, and repenting does not include getting divorced again and returning to the first spouse.......

should we treat those that are divorced worse then we would a murderer?

or a thief? or rapist?  hmm a rapist can repent, because they have not beeen marriedd, divorced and remarried, they just committed adultry ( rape ), that can be forgiven....

some times while reading these threads, on many subjects, i feel as thou people are trying to hide what they really feel, or they are trying to justify what they feel, or have done,... some times it looks as thou people are trying to make themselves look better by making others look bad...

I, myself, am a sinner, that by the Grace of God was saved from myself, from my retrobate life, only by the sacrafice that Christ Jesus suffered am I found righteous, and have favor, only by Christ, I can not do anything myself to gain this favor, it is only by the Grace of God.....

mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mr Mike and your point is ?

We are not talking about divorcees.

Irene was rather asking about Preachers who are in the office being married and divorced , married and divorced , married and divorced.

That shows poor leadership of the own home at best and shows a Lack of Gods leading in His Life at worst.

Both are un-becoming of a Deacon Biblically.

Is it not ?

----------------------------------------

Marriage is not a Vacation trip that you can choose to change next Year, or choose another Location the up and coming year.

And for the Leader and a Person being in the Office of a Christian leader, bearing such behavior, if it is true is un-acceptable.

That was the only remark flying in this thread, nothing about anything being against divorcees.

No One said Divorce was wrong when used for the right reasons.

To each His own in that aspect.

-----------------------------

But a Preacher is accountable, and The Pastoral Epistles does have Standing Orders for Deacons and Bishops.

Blessings

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

When we read the Bible, especially the Old Testament, we see that God used a lot of things as "pictures" to point us to other things: the passover lamb, the ark, the rock in the wilderness from which water flowed out. See this post. Even the life of Joseph and other OT saints. All these were pictures to point out truths that God wanted us to learn.

Marriage is one of those things that God has used to make a picture for us to understand a principle in His Word. When two people vow to "forsake all others" and to be faithful to the one we are pledging our life to, God used this as a picture of His relationship to Israel. God loves Israel, and she has been an unfaithful wife. She has sought after other God's, she has ignored Him and at times abused her relationship with Him. And yet he continues to love her and longs for the day in which she will return to Him and be the faithful wife. (Another picture God made of this relationship is when God told Hosea to marry a prostitute. The prostitute represented Israel, the unfaithful wife.)

Our marriages are to picture that love that God has for Israel. God remains faithful, even when the one he loves wanders off into sin. He doesn't force her to love Him, but he remains faithful.

When one divorces one destroys that picture. One is no longer the example that he should be. The pastor is not only to be one to lead the flock, but he is also to be an example to the flock. Just as Moses, by disobedience lost the privilege of leading the children of Israel into the promised land, so a man who has divorced and remarried has lost the privilege of pastoring a flock. He is disqualified. Now we know that "... the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. Rom 11:29 " So one will always have the desire to be in God's service, but the one thing they are disqualified from is pastoring. They may go into educating, evangelism and other forms of full time service, but not pastoring.

It is easy to get into an emotional argument about how unfair it is that one sin disqualifies and another does not, but that is looking at life through OUR eyes. We want things to be "fair" God see things through and entirely different perspective. He is looking through the glasses of eternity. Of What will bring HIM the most honor and glory. Not what seems "fair and right" to us.

God loves us, even when we sin, even when we are unfaithful...and how unfaithful we are! He doesn't love a divorced person any less that he loves the young newlywed. But He is God. He has set up the standard. He knows our frame, and that is why he made the provision for the forgiveness of sin. But just as he only wanted the perfect lamb for the sacrifice, he demands much of those who give their lives into His service.

And again I say, if you are divorced or even divorced and remarried. what you should do now is to dedicate your lives and your marriage to God's service. He still can and will use you. Only those without any sin are qualified to cast a stone at you.

God Bless, IR :blink:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

It is easy to get into an emotional argument about how unfair it is that one sin disqualifies and another does not, but that is looking at life through OUR eyes. We want things to be "fair" God see things through and entirely different perspective. He is looking through the glasses of eternity. Of What will bring HIM the most honor and glory. Not what seems "fair and right" to us.

Thank you so much for saying that, Rose. So many times, emotion is used in this area. The Word of God never changes, no matter how we feel or how wronged or hurt we were.

Good post. :thumbsup: