• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/30/1956

Your effort to love by communication is honourable. Don't let man made rules cause you to go against your God-given conscience. If one of your children dies, you will regret it sorely for not communicating.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hello

My wife and I have 4 children (blended family) they are all adults now ( late 20s-early 30s ).

they were all brought up in a Christian home going to a Christian church. About  10 years ago they each walked away from god over a 2 year period.

By the counsel of church leaders we cut of all contact with them except for occasional runins. Over the years I have been convicted that this was not the proper course

of action and have talked to my wife but she refuses to budge. I recently started to reconnect with 1 of my daughters but did this without my wife knowing.

I didn't feel right about this and told her and she became livid and called this a form of cheating. I told her that I believe god has told me to open the doors of communication

with my children.She is still really angry and we fight about this a lot. I know that If I try to talk to my pastors they will tell me that I am interfering in gods work.

I however disagree and told my wife these feelings and she is now talking of me being in step with the enemy and has talked of leaving me.

I don't know where to turn.

So if I am understanding you here, the god worshiped at your church is a god who shuns?  Wow!  Does your wife know the number of verses in the Bible that call for her to respect your authority over your household?  If your choices are between God's words to you and the words of church leaders and your wife, the question becomes, who will you choose?  Make your choice and be strong it, all part of being that authority.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  13

Thank you all for your encouragement it lifts me up and strengthens me.

I am coming against great opposition and need your continued prayers.

God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1 Cor. 5:11 does tell us not to even eat with or keep company with a person who calls himself a brother who is sexually immoral, covetous, a reviler or drunkard, or extortioner. But the purpose was to bring them to repentance so that they could be restored. That is hard to do without communication. You are the head of your household and your wife should heed your authority. While your churches decision should be respected, you need to be the judge as to whether they are behaving in a way that seeks to restore your family. 2 Cor 2:6-11 tells you to forgive, comfort, reaffirm your love to the persons lest they be swallowed up by too much sorrow; 2 Cor 5:18-21 speaks concerning the ministry of reconciliation. Listen to God. We will pray for your wife.

Blessings,

Willa

Guest hopeinjesus

Tuk, without getting into it too much I would advise you to look specifically at how Jesus was when he walked this earth.  He was full of love for everyone, including thieves, prostitutes, tax collectors, cheaters, everyone.  There were no conditions, no rules, no agendas to his love.  If Jesus would model that behavior towards total strangers, how can you do anything different with your own children.  Only a perfect Jesus can judge, and he didn't.  We are all sinners, and we cannot judge others.  Show your kids the same love Jesus showed the criminals of his time, there is no other way in my opinion.  How you deal with the pastors, and your wife, well that is something that will require a lot more discussion.

Tuk, without getting into it too much I would advise you to look specifically at how Jesus was when he walked this earth.  He was full of love for everyone, including thieves, prostitutes, tax collectors, cheaters, everyone.  There were no conditions, no rules, no agendas to his love.  If Jesus would model that behavior towards total strangers, how can you do anything different with your own children.  Only a perfect Jesus can judge, and he didn't.  We are all sinners, and we cannot judge others.  Show your kids the same love Jesus showed the criminals of his time, there is no other way in my opinion.  How you deal with the pastors, and your wife, well that is something that will require a lot more discussion.

~

Welcome~!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

Hello

My wife and I have 4 children (blended family) they are all adults now ( late 20s-early 30s ).

they were all brought up in a Christian home going to a Christian church. About  10 years ago they each walked away from god over a 2 year period.

By the counsel of church leaders we cut of all contact with them except for occasional runins. Over the years I have been convicted that this was not the proper course

of action and have talked to my wife but she refuses to budge. I recently started to reconnect with 1 of my daughters but did this without my wife knowing.

I didn't feel right about this and told her and she became livid and called this a form of cheating. I told her that I believe god has told me to open the doors of communication

with my children.She is still really angry and we fight about this a lot. I know that If I try to talk to my pastors they will tell me that I am interfering in gods work.

I however disagree and told my wife these feelings and she is now talking of me being in step with the enemy and has talked of leaving me.

I don't know where to turn.

what happened to the parable of the prodigal son, could I ask what kind of church you belong to?

certainly if your children were claiming to be Christians yet lived in sin there would be scripture supporting not having anything to do with them

but if they left the faith and do not claim to be believers, your supposed to love them and not make judgements about those outside the church

needless to say you must be heartbroken, prayer and fasting can do amazing things

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  13

Thanks for your heart for me and my family.

I go to a non denominational christian church.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Thank you all for your encouragement it lifts me up and strengthens me.

I am coming against great opposition and need your continued prayers.

God bless

You have my prayers.