• Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I think that the "trinity" is the natural expression of God. Therefore it's

not only in the Bible it's everywhere that God is. But it's explained clearly

in the Bible throughout.

Teditis,

I have studied the Holy Scriptures for over 50 years. The Bible says that if we think we know something, we do not yet know it as we ought to know it, 1Cor 8:2. So even though I have not been convinced that The Trinity is a Bible belief, I am always ready to hear any evidence. Please give me some scriptures to ruminate on, ponder, and meditate. I love to learn something new about the Holy Scriptures.

Guest Judas Machabeus

This is a good example of Hipocracy that I come across. All to often I will hear or read someone say "where do you find ....... In the bible". Yet the same people fully embrace "The Trinity ".

No where in the bible will you find the word trinity. If all the scripture given not one has the word trinity in it.

I fully embrace the Trinity, but I also reject the sola scriptura way of faith. Christ passed his teaching on orally as well as the apostles so I accept oral tradition as well Christ left the Church the Holy Spirit to protect it and guide it.

God also gave us intelligence and the ability to reason. Is the word Trinity in the bible, No it is not. Can you find the Trinity described in the bible yes of course.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Lots of people say it isn't, but they are wrong.

Look at Proverbs 30:4, 1 John 5:7, and Matthew 28:19.

1John 5:7 and Matthew 28:19 are spurious.

But don't take my word for it. Do a little research and find out for yourself.

There is doubt about 1 John 5:7, but Matt 28:19 is in other texts, such as the second edition of the Greek Majority Text; it is only lacking in one that I know of, the Alexandrinus text, that manuscript being the one that had the most gnostic influence so in itself may not be the best.

http://www.studytoanswer.net/bibleversions/gnostic.html

Keep studying,

Blessings,

Willa

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Lots of people say it isn't, but they are wrong.

Look at Proverbs 30:4, 1 John 5:7, and Matthew 28:19.

1John 5:7 and Matthew 28:19 are spurious.

But don't take my word for it. Do a little research and find out for yourself.

Ebaltrace, I John 5:7 is quoted nearly 100 years before the Oldest Greek Manuscript that we have left, around 250AD by Cyprian:

...And again it is written of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and these Three are One.

Unity of the Church; Treaties I: section 6.

The only difference is that Cyprian call Jesus Christ the Son and not the Word.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

there's alot of words that are not in the bible, it has no bearing on whether or not a concept is truthful, the trinity is a concept that is fully seen in scripture

Guest shiloh357

This is a good example of Hipocracy that I come across. All to often I will hear or read someone say "where do you find ....... In the bible". Yet the same people fully embrace "The Trinity ".

No where in the bible will you find the word trinity. If all the scripture given not one has the word trinity in it.

I fully embrace the Trinity, but I also reject the sola scriptura way of faith. Christ passed his teaching on orally as well as the apostles so I accept oral tradition as well Christ left the Church the Holy Spirit to protect it and guide it.

God also gave us intelligence and the ability to reason. Is the word Trinity in the bible, No it is not. Can you find the Trinity described in the bible yes of course.

The word "Grandfather"  is not in the Bible. Do we assume there were no Grandfathers or do we go with the fact that a concept can be in the Bible even if it is not mentioned explicitly?

The word "Trinity" is a Latin word, so you would not expect it to be found in the Greek New Testament.   But the concept is there in the Persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and how they interact.  The Trinity can be demonstrated even if there is no doctrinal treatise on it in the New Testament.

Furthermore,  we teach against legalism, but legalism isn't in the New Testament either.  We can find it in the New Testament, even if the word "legalism" doesn't show up in the text.   "Legalism" is a modern English word and Paul and the other NT writers had no single word in the Greek for legalism, yet we can easily show that they taught against legalism.

So there is a huge flaw in your premise/conclusion about the Trinity.

Guest Judas Machabeus

The word "Grandfather" is not in the Bible. Do we assume there were no Grandfathers or do we go with the fact that a concept can be in the Bible even if it is not mentioned explicitly?

The word "Trinity" is a Latin word, so you would not expect it to be found in the Greek New Testament. But the concept is there in the Persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and how they interact. The Trinity can be demonstrated even if there is no doctrinal treatise on it in the New Testament.

Furthermore, we teach against legalism, but legalism isn't in the New Testament either. We can find it in the New Testament, even if the word "legalism" doesn't show up in the text. "Legalism" is a modern English word and Paul and the other NT writers had no single word in the Greek for legalism, yet we can easily show that they taught against legalism.

Mmmkay.

I said: Can you find the Trinity described in the bible yes of course.

And you said: The Trinity can be demonstrated even if there is no doctrinal treatise on it in the New Testament.

We both said the same thing you just used more words.

Or perhaps you are trying to start something?? I don't know what the point you were trying to make was when you said:

I made no premise/conclusion about the Trinity. I did said I fully embrace the Trinity. Do you reject the Trinity?? Is that why you think my premise/conclusion is flawed? Because I believe in one God in three persons, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

I'm curious Shiloh what do you believe. You are always so quick to tell folks they are wrong. Perhaps you can share your believes with us.

Cheers

Guest shiloh357

Mmmkay.

I said: Can you find the Trinity described in the bible yes of course.

And you said: The Trinity can be demonstrated even if there is no doctrinal treatise on it in the New Testament.

We both said the same thing you just used more words.

Or perhaps you are trying to start something?? I don't know what the point you were trying to make was when you said:

I made no premise/conclusion about the Trinity. I did said I fully embrace the Trinity. Do you reject the Trinity?? Is that why you think my premise/conclusion is flawed? Because I believe in one God in three persons, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

I'm curious Shiloh what do you believe. You are always so quick to tell folks they are wrong. Perhaps you can share your believes with us.

Cheers

I am taking issue with your claim accusation concerning those who challenge false teaching not in the Bible and you compare that with the issue of the word "Trinity" not being in the Bible.   You are comparing two dissimilar things.

I didn't accuse you of not believing in the Trinity.   The problem is that your line of argumentation is flawed.   I can find all kinds of things that we regularly accept as biblical  even though the Bible doesn't refer to those ideas using our modern religious parlance.  The Trinity is demonstrated, even if not explicitly mentioned.  So the claim of hypocrisy on our part has no merit or credibility whatsoever.

I can talk about the Trinity without the word appearing the text, but it is NOT hypocritical for me to ask someone who is teaching  a blatant false doctrine to show me in the Bible where they get their notion.

And by the way, Sola Scriptura is a safeguard against false doctrines. 

Guest Judas Machabeus

The great thing about Canada and the U.S. is we are all entitled to our opinions.

For me, when someone holds another person to a standard they themselves refuse to adhere to. That's hipocracy.

Just my opinion.

Guest shiloh357

The great thing about Canada and the U.S. is we are all entitled to our opinions.

For me, when someone holds another person to a standard they themselves refuse to adhere to. That's hipocracy.

Just my opinion.

There is no hypocrisy because you are comparing two dissimilar things.

It is one thing to challenge someone on a false doctrine that is not anywhere in the Bible in any way shape or form.   It is entirely different altogether to thing to say that the Bible contains theological concepts that are not spelled out but are demonstrable in the text itself.

So we are not talking about two different standards. 

I would also point out that you misuse the word "hypocrisy."  Hypocrisy is when you justify in yourself what you condemn in others.   For example, it would be hypocritical argue that is it is wrong for you to lie, but when I lied, I had a good reason to do it.

So your line of argumentation is not simply about having a different opinion. Your "opinion"is based on a faulty premise and a faulty argument regarding hypocrisy.