Qnts2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It never implies that God has newly disclosed the truth to mankind. It means, rather, that a truth which God had revealed to the church at the time of the apostles has now become sufficiently clarified and is of enough importance to warrant its presentation to the members of the church for their explicit assent. Example the doctrine of the Trinity. In other words all doctrine must be accepted, including those doctrine that have been lodged within the Christian church's teaching from the beginning and though it had been at least imlicidly believed by every Christian who ever lived, thus becoming a mandatory and explicit doctrine of the Christian Faith. see also- [ Romans 16:17-18 ] [ 1 Cor.1: 10 ]

and where do you go to get informed of that truth......  Bible translations don't even agree on everything.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

It never implies that God has newly disclosed the truth to mankind. It means, rather, that a truth which God had revealed to the church at the time of the apostles has now become sufficiently clarified and is of enough importance to warrant its presentation to the members of the church for their explicit assent. Example the doctrine of the Trinity. In other words all doctrine must be accepted, including those doctrine that have been lodged within the Christian church's teaching from the beginning and though it had been at least imlicidly believed by every Christian who ever lived, thus becoming a mandatory and explicit doctrine of the Christian Faith. see also- [ Romans 16:17-18 ] [ 1 Cor.1: 10 ]

Can't agree with that. Just because people believed something for a long time does not make it mandatory. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

What is a long time for you ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Can't agree with that. Just because people believed something for a long time does not make it mandatory. 

In Christianity, what doctrines do you view as mandatory?

Some things are difficult to illustrate to the unlearned, example would be the doctrine of the Trinity. The Holy Bible is not a doctrinal textbook or manuel

Some things are difficult to illustrate to the unlearned, example would be the doctrine of the Trinity. The Holy Bible is not a doctrinal textbook or manuel

I do not think the Bible is a doctrinal textbook, but I do believe our doctrine must come from the Bible.

Do you consider the doctrine of the Trinity a mandatory doctine?

Yes, I believe in the doctrine of the Trinity.

All doctrine must come from the Holy Bible ,rather it be implied or clearly expressed.

What is a long time for you ?

This question really misses the point. Why does something become mandatory simply because it has been believed for a long time? 

Think this question was directed at me. 

God made earth (how is not important)

Jesus is the Son of God.

He came and  died to save us from our sins and the punishment we deserve which is death.

Jesus rose again

Salvation is by faith alone.

Let me make this clear since people usually read what is not there. I am not saying I do not believe things such as the virgin birth just that they are not essential. For those who are newer to the faith or not as sure then perhaps for them the virgin birth is essential.

Think this question was directed at me. 

God made earth (how is not important)

Jesus is the Son of God.

He came and  died to save us from our sins and the punishment we deserve which is death.

Jesus rose again

Salvation is by faith alone.

Let me make this clear since people usually read what is not there. I am not saying I do not believe things such as the virgin birth just that they are not essential. For those who are newer to the faith or not as sure then perhaps for them the virgin birth is essential.

Thanks.

In my opinion, an essential would be the doctrines, beliefs one needs in order to be saved. In my opinion, every true believer must have a saving gospel.  

I have talked to people who were not raised in a 'christian' environment. Christian environment means the person was exposed to the teaching of Christianity, even if their exposure was a liberal church, they would have heard certain doctrines. Instead, I am talking about people who were not raised or exposed to a christian environment, so essentially no little to nothing about Jesus. That means, they may not have heard of the virgin birth, or if Jesus is God or not. How much doctrine does a person need to know in order to be saved, is my definition of essential. So, I understand your exclusion of commonly held doctrine from the essentials. We might have the same idea of what an essential is.