• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Very true type situation, my friend. I do worry that we may get in over our heads, and I have no doubt that someone will try to hit us as a revenge measure, but I have a feeling that they will hit us regardless.

I will pray for your son and maybe we'll run into each other. My NG unit has been called to active duty and we'll be overseas next week.

I just can't take a back seat on this issue, I guess. I was affected by 9/11 to the point of It's time to clear the world of these idiots who take over a country and then use it to fill their own lusts, no matter how many they kill.

And I'm not defecting, brother, just making a point.

Gotta run for now.

God Bless.

t.

PS- Thank you for your service to your country.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Thank you for praying Ted.

If God be for us, who can be against us.  One of the greatest revelations I've had in the last little while is something I read in Tozer's short book, "The Pursuit of God".  He said an infinite God can give all of himself to all of His children.  It is not just that God is for us collectively but He is for us totally, 100% individually, as if we were the only person in all of creation.  It is not at all incorrect to think that everything that has ever happened from creation, has happened exclusively for us individually.  How many times could God create the world, if He wanted to?

Of course Jesus only died once, but He did it for all.

Anyway, even the worst that can happen will work for our good.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Check out this article at Charles Stanley's website guys:

• Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

After this war starts, don't be at all surprised when your president comes on TV after many US cities are hit with 9/11 type events and worse, and declares national emergency, martial law and armies of the UN from countries that hate us are called in to defend us.

Do you think there is any advantage in backing down down and avoiding lighting the fuse to the powderkeg???

At this point it seems inevitable--but I suppose we can still pray for divine intervention.

It seems that this pending war will make our country less safe, not more.  That's one of the arguments.

There's also the problem that most of the world does not back us up.  Are we right and everyone else is wrong?

I think these are important questions.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Do you know that there are NWO groups which are instigating the protests? It isn't a matter of them being right. It's a matter of propaganda.

Secondly, I am doubtful those countries which are protesting are doing so after careful conviction of the Holy Spirit. It's mass hysteria generated by a controlled media.

Look at the propaganda campaign launched by Hitler's regime. He mobilezed masses of human beings to do his bidding. It's called propaganda.

We are led by a Christian president. Countless thousands of Christians here in the U.S. are praying diligently for our leader and seeking God to guide his steps. I believe God is doing that.

I am not pro-war but I trust God. I trust him to guide our leaders to do the right thing, even if I don't fully understand.

• Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Hey, it seems we have some common ground in here. Listen, guys and lady, I'm not pro-war in all cases, I'm actually pretty scared for us in the next few years. I just happen to be with Pres. Bush on this issue.

But OneAccord is right in one sense concerning big business intrest in Iraq. Germany and France have mega contracts with Iraq that will be affected if Saddam is removed. Are they not the two largest protesters in this action?

The UN is made up of mostly third-world countries that do not like us. They can't even support their own little resolutions.

Gotta run.

God Bless.

t.

You have plowed iniquity,

you have reaped injustice,

you have eaten the fruit of lies

Because you have trusted in your chariots

and in the multitude of your warriors,

therefore the tumult of war

shall arise among your people,

and all your fortresses shall be destroyed.

Hosea 10:13-14

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

What, are we just waiting eagerly for our own demise? Is that it?

Anyone who has eyes to see and ears to hear know that these are the end times and the Lord is coming for His Church. We know that judgement will come also.

So why quote a, "You're gonna get it!"  scripture?  Is this a thrill to threaten people with what we as Christians already anticipate?

We know what time it is. We're not in darkness. Read all the forums...dreams, visions, prophesies...those who live in the day are not caught unaware.

It just seems that buckling because we fear world opinion is a poor motive for not supporting our Christian president.

Bill Clinton would buckle in a heartbeat. He had no backbone.

We have a leader who DOES have godly backbone and knows what he must do because he seeks the Lord's face each morning. He seeks God's wisdom and direction.

I was more in fear of that scripture, OA when Clinton was in office. Then I feared our country was REALLY in danger.

Now, we are seeking God and His face to run our country.

Nobody WANTS war. NOBODY! It's not exactly something we're all thrilled over.

The people having to fight it don't want it. But we have our people over there and they need our support and our prayers. We have a Christian leader and HE needs our support and prayers. Division is not what we need but unity in the Spirit.

Maybe we should all just wait and live our lives in fear of terrorists coming to kill and destroy us. Maybe we should live like the Jews in Israel, who live with constant threats of Suicide Bombers blowing themselves up.

No thanks...I don't want to live in fear. I want the freedoms our Forefathers died to give us.

• Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Thank you, George, for exposing the real power source behind these anti-war demonstrations.

Amen, Cat.

I am going to gracefully bow out of this conservation and just agree to disagree.  It has constantly amazed me at how we all have the same Bible and the same Holy Spirit yet can differ so greatly in certain arenas.  Christians are united ONLY in Christ Jesus, at the foot of the cross, in our brokenness.

I will pray fervently for our president, and for our nation, and for our troops.

I will also pray for the Iraqi leader and leaders of nations, for the Iraqi people, and the Iraqi troops.

And I will leave with these verses, which I stand on in Jesus holy and precious name:

Love Your Enemies

Luke 6:27 But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefuly use you.

29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also.  And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.

30 Give to everyone who asks of you.  And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back.

31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

32 But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you?  For even sinners love those who love them.

33 And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you?  For even sinners do the same.

34 And if you lend to those from whom you hope to recieve back, what credit is it to you?  For even sinners lend to sinners to recieve as much back.

35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High.  For He is kind to the unthankful and the evil.

36 Therefore be merciful, just as your Father is also merciful.

James 3:17 But the wisdom that comes down from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, wiling to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18 Now the fruits of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

Hebrews 12:14 Pursue peace with ALL people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord.

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.