Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Seems like just yesterday social media was trashing civil rights pioneer and first director of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee as good riddance to a worthless crack head.  Ah the good old days...oh wait.  It was yesterday.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

They are already blaming cops for using tear gas (none was used, only smoke) to quell the riot.

according to the cnn reporters that isn't true.  

It was cnn I got that info from. 

Later on, they changed what they posted.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

They are already blaming cops for using tear gas (none was used, only smoke) to quell the riot.

Trust me. There was a lot of tear gas used.

Guest shiloh357

Trust me. There was a lot of tear gas used.

Yes and that is in response to the threats posed by the protesters.

The police actually very little at first.  I watched the whole thing live and the police were just standing around for the first couple hours while things were being set on fire and gunshots were ringing out.  The tear gas came later in response to the violence of the protesters.

so much for peaceful protesters.  These protesters have shown what kind of people they are.   They have shown their true colors as Jade said and that they are not out for justice, but for revenge.

Guest shiloh357

according to the cnn reporters that isn't true.  

CNN???  You mean the "Communist News Network?"

Guest shiloh357

These protesters are not heroes. they are thugs.  Michael Brown is not a civil rights hero.  He is not a symbol.  He is not on the same level f MLK Jr. or Rosa Parks.  Michael Brown was a thug and a thief.   He was on drugs when he assaulted a police officer and a convenience store owner. 

The protesters are nothing but lawless thugs who need to be arrested and these protests are not lawful and need to be shut down.  Looting and stealing, damaging stores and private property do not qualify as lawful protests and police, FBI and the National Guard need to finally shut it down.  It is not productive or peaceful.

Those of us with commonsense and a clear eye to this story knew that these protests in Ferguson were going to go downhill and spiral into violence once the verdict was announced.

These protesters are not heroes. they are thugs.  Michael Brown is not a civil rights hero.  He is not a symbol.  He is not on the same level f MLK Jr. or Rosa Parks.  Michael Brown was a thug and a thief.   He was on drugs when he assaulted a police officer and a convenience store owner. 

The protesters are nothing but lawless thugs who need to be arrested and these protests are not lawful and need to be shut down.  Looting and stealing, damaging stores and private property do not qualify as lawful protests and police, FBI and the National Guard need to finally shut it down.  It is not productive or peaceful.

Those of us with commonsense and a clear eye to this story knew that these protests in Ferguson were going to go downhill and spiral into violence once the verdict was announced.

The reference to civil rights hero was to Marion Berry.  I think it is ironic that many the same people ranting about violence in Ferguson in the social media sphere largely dismissed his death this past weekend as removing a worthless addict from the world.  Marion Berry was definitely one of the Pioneers in the civil rights movement and especially the non-violent protest part. I believe a similar topic was posted on here, ripping on him, post mortem that thankfully got deleted.

It seems like when it comes some skin colors have trouble saying anything positive.

Guest shiloh357

The reference to civil rights hero was to Marion Berry.

No, I am referring to the way that Michael Brown is being held up as a symbol of the Civil rights struggle and how that he will heralded as if he were on the same level as Rosa Parks or other civil rights pioneers who actually deserve the respect they get.

I think it is ironic that many the same people ranting about violence in Ferguson in the social media sphere largely dismissed his death this past weekend as removing a worthless addict from the world.  Marion Berry was definitely one of the Pioneers in the civil rights movement and especially the non-violent protest part. I believe a similar topic was posted on here, ripping on him, post mortem that thankfully got deleted.

It seems like when it comes some skin colors have trouble saying anything positive.

the one making this about race evidently is you.  The fact is that this entire conflict has nothing to do with race.   I don't support Darren Wilson because he is white, but because he is unfairly characterized as a racist white cop who brutally murdered an unarmed black boy.

It is the protesters that inserted race into this. The Grand Jury correctly ruled that there is no reason to indict Wilson, that there is no evidence of a racial hate crime having been committed by him.   But the thugs in the street wanted blood and an indictment no matter what.  To them, Wilson is guilty till proven innocent and they intended on protesting even if they got the indictment they wanted.   This is not about justice, but thuggery.   

They have shown their true colors and have shown that they are not interested in truth, only revenge, be it just or not.   So don't even try to play the race card with me. 

No, I am referring to the way that Michael Brown is being held up as a symbol of the Civil rights struggle and how that he will heralded as if he were on the same level as Rosa Parks or other civil rights pioneers who actually deserve the respect they get.

I think it is ironic that many the same people ranting about violence in Ferguson in the social media sphere largely dismissed his death this past weekend as removing a worthless addict from the world.  Marion Berry was definitely one of the Pioneers in the civil rights movement and especially the non-violent protest part. I believe a similar topic was posted on here, ripping on him, post mortem that thankfully got deleted.

the one making this about race evidently is you.  The fact is that this entire conflict has nothing to do with race.   I don't support Darren Wilson because he is white, but because he is unfairly characterized as a racist white cop who brutally murdered an unarmed black boy.

It is the protesters that inserted race into this. The Grand Jury correctly ruled that there is no reason to indict Wilson, that there is no evidence of a racial hate crime having been committed by him.   But the thugs in the street wanted blood and an indictment no matter what.  To them, Wilson is guilty till proven innocent and they intended on protesting even if they got the indictment they wanted.   This is not about justice, but thuggery.   

They have shown their true colors and have shown that they are not interested in truth, only revenge, be it just or not.   So don't even try to play the race card with me. 

I don't hold up Michael Brown as any kind of hero either and I haven't met anyone who has so that is a bit of a straw horse statement to object to that.  Race was definitely called out by another poster and I called her out on it and made my comment.  I have only been a part of these forums for a short time but it appear that race baiting both flagrant and dressed in thinly veiled derivative concerns seem to go unchecked here.

Guest shiloh357

I don't hold up Michael Brown as any kind of hero either and I haven't met anyone who has so that is a bit of a straw horse statement to object to that. 

(sigh)   I wasn't referencing YOU.   I was referencing how the protesters and some other activists were doing that.

Race was definitely called out by another poster and I called her out on it and made my comment.  I have only been a part of these forums for a short time but it appear that race baiting both flagrant and dressed in thinly veiled derivative concerns seem to go unchecked here.

Who has made a racial comment that needed to be called out???   I don't see any race baiting on here.