• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Uff-da.

Woke up to -35°F (-37.2°C) this morning, with the chance of getting as low as -40°F (-40°C).  And we're the lucky ones!  In the northern part of the state, they could see -50°F (-45.6°C)!  

The good news?  It'll warm up to a high of -15°F to -25°F (-26°C to -31.7°C)! 

Break out the sun tan, baby!  I'm going ice fishing!

Not really.

Actually, we've been having problems with the boiler in my apartment building.  The heat went out yesterday for awhile.  They finally got the heat running in the apartments (64 units), but not the rest of the building.  Thank God the rest of the building is on a separate heating line!  I was up late with the boiler guy working on it.  The bad news is that today is the coldest day of winter and there's nothing that can be done about it because the pipes are too cold to work on.  And, to ensure that the heat didn't go out in the apartments again, I got up periodically in the night to check the boiler and pray over it.  God was faithful!

So, I cleaned the common areas this morning, which was funny since I'm sure people will stay in their apartments today.  Well, the ones not heading out to work anyway.  They're a hearty stock, this bunch.  The cold never stops Minnesotans.  The proof?  Some are still riding their bikes to work. 

Everyone's been sick with the flu though.  The kind that won't let go.  Thank God it's eluded me.  I caught a cold yesterday, though, so I'm going to take it easy today, given the chill in the air.  (You can toss a cup of boiling water in the air and it will turn to snow instantly.  Look for folks to do that on YouTube today.  Always happens.  We're so proud.)

Well, time to take a nap, then make coffee.  (I have too much blood in my caffeine system already, but I need a nap.)  Lunch today will be a Roasted Orange Herb Chicken, with enough for Chicken -n- Dumplin's for dinner and Chicken Fried Rice for tomorrow's lunch.  Then, it's simmering the carcass (ugliest word, right up there with "moist") for homemade chicken stock.  Thank God for sales!  A whole chicken for $2.50!  Kinda makes you nervous, dudn't it?

So, what's your story?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  67

:26:

We have a heat wave.

The shops have run out of sun block and the queues at the only shop who have some to sell, require police control.

There are miles of motorists  blocked in traffic jams as the people flock to the south coast to avoid the heat.

Shops have closed and people have been warned not to go out during the mid day sun.

The underground has come to a halt due to the track buckling in some places under the heat.  

I have ordered ceiling fans for the house and posted an urgent appeal in the Telegraph  for a new house keeper to fan me.

Wrote a stern letter to my local MP complaining of global warming, asking him to raise yet again in the house the question as to why;

we have allowed the Welsh to  globally warm us?

(One feels the need to lay the blame somewhere)  :whistling:

Later, I shall more than likely take my bucket and spade down to the banks of the river Thames and have a paddle.

Ice cream will not be an option but rather a necessity. 

(I should also point out that I have a fever and could be talking nonsense.) 

:happyhappy:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1958

Yep, it's cold.  Layers, my friend, layers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

40 C here, and humid. I am wearing sunblock to work every day. Air conditioner at home set to 17 C right now. Dinner involves Ostrich steaks done on the grill, caramelized onions (in balsamic vinegar reduction), and whatever else we can find... 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  67

40 C here, and humid. I am wearing sunblock to work every day. Air conditioner at home set to 17 C right now. Dinner involves Ostrich steaks done on the grill, caramelized onions (in balsamic vinegar reduction), and whatever else we can find... 

Don't forget to tell south that you need peas lots of peas with Ostrich.  :thumbsup:

Tried to nap but, since I laid down, I started feeling ill.  I watched the manager's sick, two-year old for a couple hours yesterday because she was stressed out and needed a break.  Guess who's sick now?  Sure wish I was in London having my own delusions of grandeur.  South Africa is gorgeous this time of year.  Loved it when I was there.  (Well, most of the time I was in Zambia.)  But, for right now, I'm tucked up in bed.  Won't be making any meals today.  Filtering some water for the Neti Pot to see if that provides some relief.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

It was 76 yesterday. Sunny. Lovely outside. 

In the summer folks fry eggs on the sidewalk or on top of cars. Its our thing lol.

Guest shiloh357

Uff-da.

Woke up to -35°F (-37.2°C) this morning, with the chance of getting as low as -40°F (-40°C).  And we're the lucky ones!  In the northern part of the state, they could see -50°F (-45.6°C)!  

The good news?  It'll warm up to a high of -15°F to -25°F (-26°C to -31.7°C)! 

Break out the sun tan, baby!  I'm going ice fishing!

Not really.

Actually, we've been having problems with the boiler in my apartment building.  The heat went out yesterday for awhile.  They finally got the heat running in the apartments (64 units), but not the rest of the building.  Thank God the rest of the building is on a separate heating line!  I was up late with the boiler guy working on it.  The bad news is that today is the coldest day of winter and there's nothing that can be done about it because the pipes are too cold to work on.  And, to ensure that the heat didn't go out in the apartments again, I got up periodically in the night to check the boiler and pray over it.  God was faithful!

So, I cleaned the common areas this morning, which was funny since I'm sure people will stay in their apartments today.  Well, the ones not heading out to work anyway.  They're a hearty stock, this bunch.  The cold never stops Minnesotans.  The proof?  Some are still riding their bikes to work. 

Everyone's been sick with the flu though.  The kind that won't let go.  Thank God it's eluded me.  I caught a cold yesterday, though, so I'm going to take it easy today, given the chill in the air.  (You can toss a cup of boiling water in the air and it will turn to snow instantly.  Look for folks to do that on YouTube today.  Always happens.  We're so proud.)

Well, time to take a nap, then make coffee.  (I have too much blood in my caffeine system already, but I need a nap.)  Lunch today will be a Roasted Orange Herb Chicken, with enough for Chicken -n- Dumplin's for dinner and Chicken Fried Rice for tomorrow's lunch.  Then, it's simmering the carcass (ugliest word, right up there with "moist") for homemade chicken stock.  Thank God for sales!  A whole chicken for $2.50!  Kinda makes you nervous, dudn't it?

So, what's your story?

11 degrees right now.  Windchill probably below zero.

Making Tex Mex Chilli and hunkering down 'till it gets back up into the 30s later this week.

It was 76 yesterday. Sunny. Lovely outside. 

In the summer folks fry eggs on the sidewalk or on top of cars. Its our thing lol.

Sounds like the perfect day, actually.  Oddly enough, when it starts getting over 75°F (24°C), I start getting hot.  I've always been sensitive to the heat.  The cold is easy peasy for me. 

I always thought that was a fun "thing."  (Eggs on the sidewalk.)  Summers can get hot here, too, and the "thing" is to put cookie dough (on a cookie sheet) and leave it on your dashboard while you're at work. 

11 degrees right now.  Windchill probably below zero.

Making Tex Mex Chilli and hunkering down 'till it gets back up into the 30s later this week.

I knew I liked you.  Chili is the best.  Very versatile.  No two chilis are alike.  Being sick, I've lost my appetite but I would definitely eat a bowl or two of chili right now.  I may go eat a hot pepper just to relieve the sinus pressure.