• Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

:thumbsup:

Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:

Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,

Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest. Proverbs 6:6-8

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

They are an amazing people when working together...the3 musketeers motto...all for one and one for all.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Those are amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

There is so much that I admire about the Amish.  I don't agree with them about everything, but I love the simplicity in which they live, how God-centered they are, and how community-oriented they are.  Surely that barn must be for the community and not one family!

There is so much that I admire about the Amish.  I don't agree with them about everything, but I love the simplicity in which they live, how God-centered they are, and how community-oriented they are.  Surely that barn must be for the community and not one family!

They are very hard working people.They are very forgiving and generous.The women are amazing cooks.They are also very,very legalistic.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

They are very hard working people.They are very forgiving and generous.The women are amazing cooks.They are also very,very legalistic.

Exactly.  When I was 20, I was on a Greyhound Bus and I met two young Amish men slightly older than me.  I still remember their names.  Devon and Dennis Schlabach.  They asked me how long I knew the Lord.  I was shocked and asked how they knew I did.  They looked at each other and smiled, then looked at me and said, "We can tell by your eyes."  I've never forgotten that.  We even exchanged addresses and remained penpals for awhile.  I don't know why that didn't continue though.

Yes, they're very legalistic and have a works-based faith with the belief that you can lose your salvation.  I know some Christians believe that, too, but I don't.  The bishop makes a lot of man-made rules that they must adhere to like scriptures or face shunning, too.  It started with the teachings of Jacob Ammann.  And I don't like that they generally don't believe in interacting with Englishers to share their faith and spread the gospel.  They tend to only interact when they have to, but not socially or regularly. 

There's so much about the Amish that I love - their simplicity, integrity, craftmanship, work ethic, their desire to stay pure in the Lord, and definitely their cooking.  I have quite a few authentic Amish recipes that I enjoy. 

Exactly.  When I was 20, I was on a Greyhound Bus and I met two young Amish men slightly older than me.  I still remember their names.  Devon and Dennis Schlabach.  They asked me how long I knew the Lord.  I was shocked and asked how they knew I did.  They looked at each other and smiled, then looked at me and said, "We can tell by your eyes."  I've never forgotten that.  We even exchanged addresses and remained penpals for awhile.  I don't know why that didn't continue though.

Yes, they're very legalistic and have a works-based faith with the belief that you can lose your salvation.  I know some Christians believe that, too, but I don't.  The bishop makes a lot of man-made rules that they must adhere to like scriptures or face shunning, too.  It started with the teachings of Jacob Ammann.  And I don't like that they generally don't believe in interacting with Englishers to share their faith and spread the gospel.  They tend to only interact when they have to, but not socially or regularly. 

There's so much about the Amish that I love - their simplicity, integrity, craftmanship, work ethic, their desire to stay pure in the Lord, and definitely their cooking.  I have quite a few authentic Amish recipes that I enjoy. 

Their integrity and crafts-man ship is excellent.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On February 1, 2015 at 9:44 PM, Keith said:

Perhaps.((see more, and read ACTS and Deuteronomy for the UNtold story))  

The video is Relaxing, enjoyable to watch,  and at the end of it, another that follows - secret of the amish life about some amish  who got saved and risked shunning to make Jesus Way known.... most people never take that risk....