• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

Can those who partailly believe in Jesus not be damaned?

Some people believe in the teaching of Jesus,

They believe that He died and rosed,

they believe in His resurrection,they see Him as someone who was chosen and sent by God,to saved his country,"Israel"

they live a good normal life: they abhor that which is evil and cleave to that which is good'

But they did not see or believe that Jesus is God,

they did not believe that He is the begotten Son of God,or as the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world,they did not believe that He came down from,

Can this type of people not be damaned?

Can God save them,because of His mercy?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

You either believe or dont believe. You cant be partially believing and be saved. Thats like being a partially pregnant. It doesnt happen. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

they believe in His resurrection,they see Him as someone who was chosen and sent by God,to saved his country,"Israel"

they live a good normal life: they abhor that which is evil and cleave to that which is good'

they did not believe that He is the begotten Son of God,or as the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world,they did not believe that He came down from,

It's not about believing in Jesus, it's about believing in who he actually was and what he did for us.

Salvation is acquired through believing that Jesus died for our sins.

Muslims believe in Jesus, but to them he wasn't the son of God and he never died on the cross - he was just a prophet.

There are Atheists who believe that Jesus really existed because of historical evidence, but to them he was just a man who made some spurious claims.

Without the death and resurrection (and what it really means), believing in Jesus is kind of pointless.

:thumbsup:

Jesus

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. Matthew 7:13 (NIV)

Or The Highway

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:14 (NIV)

Guest shiloh357

Jesus claimed to be God.  He presented Himself to be God.   Why would you believe in Jesus, but not believe Jesus???    Jesus was is God and we don't have the option of believing Him to be something else.   He didn't give us that option.  

There is no partial faith where Jesus is concerned.  You are either all in, or not.  Either you believe He is God, or you are calling Him a liar.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Are those who are partially out of the fire, safe from being burned?

One simply cannot believe in Jesus partially.  you must either give all of your self to Jesus.....or you are lost

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

Jesus claimed to be God. He presented Himself to be God. Why would you believe in Jesus, but not believe Jesus??? Jesus was is God and we don't have the option of believing Him to be something else. He didn't give us that option.

There is no partial faith where Jesus is concerned. You are either all in, or not. Either you believe He is God, or you are calling Him a liar.

Thanks for your contribution,

I asked this question based on what i was debating with someone,

but the person hold hand on this very passage in the scripture,

though i think,his understanding was deceiving him,

here is the passage,

Matthew 15:22-28"

22 And behold,a woman of canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him,saying,have mercy on me,O Lord,thou Son of David;my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

23 But he answered her not a word,And his deciples came and besought him,saying,send her away;for she crieth after us.

24 but he answered and said,I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

25 Then came she and worshipped him,saying,Lord help me.

26 But he answered and said,it is not meet to take the children's bread,and cast it to the dogs.

27 And she said,Truth,Lord:yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters'table.

28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her,O woman great is thy faith:be it unto thee,even as thou wilt,

And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus Christ is the incarnation of the God of Israel.

In other words, Jesus is God.

God's first commandment demands total faithfulness.

God does not want you faithful only in some ways, only some of the time.

As Jesus said in Rev 3:16... those who are only lukewarm, He will reject.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Well Jesus never said he was God. He said I and my father are One. When people love each other as their self they become One in Spirit, this is the same with David and Jonathan (read the bible). The ones who love God are loved by him and are with him One in Spirit, thus Children of the Living God. Jesus is The Word. The spirit of the anti-christ denies that Jesus is from God. The children of God know that he is the Messiah. Furthermore, Jesus said 'The Father is greater than I'. Bible translations and such are not correct in declaring Jesus God, but he has the Godly nature. Jesus has even prayed to The Father. If he is God, who would answer his prayer? The Father is God. Jesus is The Word. The Holy Spirit is given to those who believe. 

John 1:14 says 'The Word became flesh.' 

Jesus has been given authority over all that is created. Through him all created things were created. God is eternal. Jesus is also eternal. He said 'Before Abraham was, I am!' He taught Abraham as well, which is why it has said, 'But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham..' The prophets and such have this written concerning their lives. 'The Word of The Lord appeared to Moses', 'The Word of The Lord appeared to Abraham', and 'The Word of The Lord appeared to Elijah.' Things like this, Amos, Micaiah, Isaiah, Jeremiah were all followers of His Way. This was all before he came in the flesh. If they believe in Him they will believe he is the Messiah, and they will know he came in the flesh. But as for before, they believe. Before he came there were people who followed His Way. I am not saying they follow His Way and do not believe he came in the flesh. If you follow his Way you will not deny he came in the flesh. 

As for the people in your post, they do well to believe Jesus is of God, if they do anyways. If they believe he came in the flesh then that is right. They do well to believe he died for the sin of all who believe in him, but his blood is for all who believe in him, and to an unbeliever the wrath of God is upon him. Not all are cleansed by the blood. He had revealed what is hidden, this is true as well.  Maybe they are not sure of the term Son of God. They might be afraid to put him on a pedestal because they might think it would be idolatry. He is worthy of honor, and the Father is to be worshiped and he alone, being honored higher then any. But the Son is worthy of praise. They might be in a disposition, because certain people believe Jesus is God and by that commit idolatry, I think I understand what you mean a bit, well, if they are that way (the people who are specified in the first post,) They might come to acknowledge it.

"You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.…'' Exodus 20:4 is ignored by certain people.

Unfortunately that is not really known by all who claim to be Christian and those of the world are in deception. Hope this could help. Amen.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/12/1986

To believe certain things about Jesus but not to believe everything about Jesus is they do not believe the real Jesus but someone who they think Jesus is.