• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

Here is the Word:

2 Thess. 2

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.

16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.

As I read this, I began to wonder, "where was it that Paul had already talked about this? I didn't know, so I asked the Lord to show me. He did!

Do any of you know where Paul had already spoken of this revealing of the lawless one? I wanted to share it with you, but first please study the passages above.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Matthew 24

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Jude 1:3-5

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

(KJV)

I think we need to be careful with defining the "tares" our Lord Jesus mentioned in Matthew 13. According to Jude 1, we are told there are certain men crept in unawares "who were before of old ordained to this condemnation". In other words, the tares aren't there to work for Christ, but are there to disrupt and destroy.

Per our Lord Jesus in Matthew 13, He and His angels are the only ones that can separate them from His Body of believers. And that will occur at His coming, as written there.

The idea of 'tares' is that they look and appear like good wheat, but when fully grown they exhibit dark buds that distinguishes them from real wheat. They are actually weeds that look like real wheat when growing. Thus when they are fully grown (at harvest time), that's when they will easily show forth, recognizable, and able to be separated.

Our Lord allows them to exist during this time. It's still about who will follow The LORD through His Son and who won't. So it seems our Lord allows the 'tares' to exist so as to determine who is going to stay in Him compared with those who refuse to believe.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Suzanne,

I just dropped by to check on an email address and came across your post. Good to see your still hanging in there.

The 'abomination of desolation' is getting clearer and clearer. Anti-christ is a 'false christ', an 'Idol', preached by a 'false christian church' led by the 'spirit of anti-christ'.

This is why Jesus stated:

Lu 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night to him, though he bear long with them?

18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man comes, shall he find faith on the earth? (real living faith is the 'real Jesus' of the Scriptures, these are the ones who cry to Him day and night about the abominations done)

18:9 And he spoke this parable to certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

God bless and keep you and yours,

Your brother in Christ, Dennis

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Suzanne,

I just dropped by to check on an email address and came across your post. Good to see your still hanging in there.

The 'abomination of desolation' is getting clearer and clearer. Anti-christ is a 'false christ', an 'Idol', preached by a 'false christian church' led by the 'spirit of anti-christ'.

This is why Jesus stated:

Lu 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night to him, though he bear long with them?

18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man comes, shall he find faith on the earth? (real living faith is the 'real Jesus' of the Scriptures, these are the ones who cry to Him day and night about the abominations done)

18:9 And he spoke this parable to certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

God bless and keep you and yours,

Your brother in Christ, Dennis

:39:

Well, Pilgrim........FWIW, I haven't posted on this since 2005, but time does fly, doesn't it!

God bless.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

It sure does. I guess I'll look at the dates a little closer from now on.

God bless,

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

In the N.T, Greek: hieron = temple buiding. Naos = holy place/inner sanbtuary. Also used for body of Christ, Christians/the church as temple, but never in connection with Jer. temple after tearing of the veil & Judas casting coins into the "naos" 2Thes.2: 4 uses the word naos, not hieron.

• Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

1Joh4: 1-3: The 1st antichrist doctrine taught that Jesus did not come in the flesh. The new teaching today is that Jesus/God = Christians/the church (body of Christ). So the creature/flesh = Christ?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Here is the Word:

2 Thess. 2

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.

16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.

As I read this, I began to wonder, "where was it that Paul had already talked about this? I didn't know, so I asked the Lord to show me. He did!

Do any of you know where Paul had already spoken of this revealing of the lawless one? I wanted to share it with you, but first please study the passages above.

In His Love,

Suzanne

This scripture is true the antichrist will apear claiming to be christ in the holy temple but christ says he comes to make war not peace. Christ comes second dont bow to the antichrist, dont be decieved.

Edited by heavenarsonal

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?

That was when paul had met them in person in thesslonica.