• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

I have faith, but I also have commonsense.   There isn't going to be some revival among ISIS and I think it is pretty save to say that..   There are people who are so irretrievably wicked that even God says He hates them (Ps. 5:5).  

If God isn't going to save them, then I pray that He judges and destroys them.  That's not out of line with anything in the Bible.   Psalms 7, 35, 55, 58, 59, 79, 109, 137, and 139 contain prayers of imprecation.    Imprecation refers to invocation of God's justice and judgment against His enemies and it is consistent with a biblical worldview.  And those Scriptures are just as relevant to the Christian as any other part of the Bible (though you will almost never hear a sermon drawn from many of those texts).

Jesus' teachings about loving and praying for our enemies had to do with how to hold up under persecution and with personal relationships.     To apply this to existential threats like ISIS is a misapplication of that teaching.    

Jesus was not telling the US government to love their enemies.  He was not addressing how a nation or government addresses threats like ISIS and other terrorists groups.    God is still a God of justice and judgment and I see nothing wrong with asking God to judge ISIS. 

If every member of ISIS gets saved and they start the First Baptist Church of Mosul, Iraq,  that's great.  But I am a realist.  I look at the situation for what it is and I am not going to pretend that there is any realistic hope for this group of terrorists.

As I said....I was not debating...I was addressing the lack of grace and love, I would again ask you to please look at some of your recent posts....and your manner of discussion with others.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

I am not going to say anymore on this  issue.  I stand where I stand.

You are missing the efforts of my posts brother....it's not your opinion on the issue I am discussing with you here......it's the manner in which your discussions have been going the last few months here. I totally did not want to go into specifics, only suggest that you go back over your posts in the past few months and look at the "manner" in which you speak. It comes off spiteful, mean spirited, rude, and hateful towards people you disagree with, debate , or discuss things with...whatever the conversation has been ..if it has been not in agreement with you, your attitude ( based on the words you choose to engage them with) has been unkind, unloving, without grace. I again ask you "please" read through them and take it into consideration. I am not chastising you out of anything other than love man, I respect you totally...I admire your knowledge and understanding of God's Word......my wish is that you are here at Worthy for years to come and share what you know....I think your knowledge would be so much more appreciated and listened to if you consider how you are saying it to others.

God Bless,

Hip

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Hi AJ, I am responding to your post, 

It took direct intervention of Jesus Christ with Saul to get him to stop persecuting Christians, but this hasn't happened with ISIS yet.

As long as they are rampaging through the Middle East, enslaving, raping and executing their enemies then we have a duty as a civilized people to stop them.  If that means using military force to stop them, then we must use it.

Pacifism is not a moral, civilized, or humane solution to this crisis.  In fact, Pacifism is the most inhumane thing you can do at the moment, because every day more innocent men, women and children are being tormented and slaughtered by ISIS.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

If you notice, my words do not state what a nation should or shouldnt do, merely that as Christians, we should not be advocating hate towards anyone, nor should we be rejoicing at the deaths of people (in this case isis) nor should we be urging death and destruction on them. I did not advocate pacificism by a nation but merely wanted our words to reflect Christ not bloodlust.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

But, who makes up a nation?  You can't be an American one moment, then a Christian the next.  I am as much a Christian as I am anything else.  I cannot just take off my crown of righteousness and put on a war helmet, I must wear both.  I can't just set down my bible and pick up a sword, I must wield both.

We should rejoice when evil is vanquished, even when that evil is a human being.

The wages of sin is death.  For some, death comes prematurely and unfairly, for others death is long overdue.  Sometimes death comes from a hellfire missile, other

times a silent last gasp of breath.

People preach "live by the sword, die by the sword", what do you think ISIS is doing and why are only Christians admonished like this?

Guest shiloh357

How does we support the military, without advocating for the deaths of our enemies?   The military isn't shooting marshmallows at the enemy.   We cannot support the military but deplore what they do.   We cannot enjoy the security and protection the military provides but condemn the way they provide it.   If I support the military then I, by extension,  support the killing of our enemies. 

ISIS is at war with us and they mean to kill us.   They are getting larger.  Their numbers are increasing fast and their reach is longer than we are probably aware.   Their goal is to conquer and up to this point, even though they have had some set backs, they tend to accomplish everything they set out to do.

So wanting them destroyed before they are able to wreak destruction upon any of our people, isn't wrong.