IGNORED

Garbage man setenced to 30 days in jail for what?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Lamby,,,,,,

Your way of thinking is to be applauded & it would be great if everyone thought that way,,,,,,"Eager to work & do a good job" but in my interactions & verbal exchanges with this particular type,,,,,,I take that back because we do not really know this particular chap nor do we know his personal motives,,,,,,so,in saying that,,,,I have found that the ones that usually disregard city ordinances & county laws are not in the mindset of "doing a good job" but rather,,,,,,,"Work fast & get home early"

Like Jade says,in my city we have it easy but the law is the law,,,,,,these workers are trained & are made fully aware of the law in their work areas and they blatantly ignore it,,,,,,,,they know what time they are permitted to begin the work day,the route takes "X" amount of hours to complete & the work day ends when they are finished,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I just cannot empathize with people who intentionally break the law,they know what the consequences are and they should be ready to face the music when they make that choice,,,,,,,,......

If this sort of infraction  were done unintentionally and unknowingly it would be another story but then again,the law does not make allowances for ignorance......but I would,we(Christians)all would,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I know many city workers ,sanitation workers,gardeners & I do not know of one that does not know what time they are to start work & not a minute before that time                                        With love -in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It's an ongoing problem with the city.   They have tried fines and the fines don't stop it......    so it's got to the point of manditory jail time....   the guy should have known better....   it's his job to know those things and I agree with the judge....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

Could've just put him on suspend leave or fire him for not following the rules.

Jail should be only limited to criminals that pose a threat to society when not confined.

Jail should be only limited to criminals that pose a threat to society when not confined.

I guess you have not had one of those automatic garbage trucks bang your trash cans around and wake you up at 5AM.....    and when they have been warned for years, one's patients wears thin.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

I guess you have not had one of those automatic garbage trucks bang your trash cans around and wake you up at 5AM.....    and when they have been warned for years, one's patients wears thin.

Just suspend him from the job by not paying him for however many days he is he would otherwise go to jail for, instead of jailing him. Or here is another brilliant idea, just take away his keys! Surely he wouldn't work for free or make a lot of noise picking up trash on foot.  Chaining someone down so he doesn't work too early and disturb other is too extreme, there are much better ways to solve the same problem, but the law is dead.

Jailing someone is very expensive. It cost at least 50k to jail someone for a year, which means in this case it would've cost tax payers 4k to jail him for a month (Probably more than his pay), why punish everyone else when it is not necessary? 

Just suspend him from the job by not paying him for however many days he is he would otherwise go to jail for, instead of jailing him. Or here is another brilliant idea, just take away his keys! Surely he wouldn't work for free.  Chaining someone down so he doesn't work too early and disturb other is too extreme, there are much better ways to solve the same problem, but the law is dead.

Jailing someone is very expensive. It cost at least 50k to jail someone for a year, which means in this case it would've cost tax payers 4k to jail him for a month (Probably more than his pay), why punish everyone else when it is not necessary? 

Well seeings how it was the judge that made the decision and pretty much  the mandatory jail time, I would guess he's tried your way and it didn't work.....    seems that's what the article was saying..  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Seriously in awe at the things that fill our days... putting a man in jail for doing his job.. wow..  He could be sleeping in and collecting a monthly check... wow..

Seriously in awe at the things that fill our days... putting a man in jail for doing his job.. wow..  He could be sleeping in and collecting a monthly check... wow..

he did not get put in jail for doing his job, he got put in jail for breaking the law......  

What's wrong with you people.....   we are a nation of Laws and when we decide when and where we can and can not have to follow them society will completely break down......         

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/22/1966

thats just crazy