RustyAngeL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I wonder sometimes if the pew is too comfortable...or does it all start at the home church?......too many times I have heard of the feathers of the people in charge of these large churches /small churches having iron feathers....? They feel they can do no wrong and no one stands up to them....they are beyond reproach....or so it would seem. They need to find their feathers are made of wax before the Son as do we all.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

I have been thinking a lot about this the past few months.  I would have  said then I don't want to ruffell anyone's feathers but I have come to the conclusion that if I do I do and I guess they will have to deal with it.

RustyAngeL,

It's good to hear that you are prepared to take an unequivocal stand for Christ, the Gospel, and Bible Truth.  As to ruffling feathers, that is precisely what Christianity is all about. The Lord plainly stated that He had come not to send peace but a sword (Mt 10:34-38 KJV), and that sword includes preaching the true Gospel, upholding the Word of Truth, and taking up our crosses daily. 

This passage is worth remembering and meditating upon:

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

In the age of the "Emergent Church" (read apostate) this is not a very popular doctrine.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

I wonder sometimes if the pew is too comfortable...or does it all start at the home church?......too many times I have heard of the feathers of the people in charge of these large churches /small churches having iron feathers....?

As Peter said "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God" (1 Pet 4:17 KJV).  It is time for so-called evangelical and fundamentalist churches to be confronted with the need for repentance (Rev 3:19), and if the message to the church at Laodicea was ever relevant, it is relevant today. Where are those who should be speaking out?