IGNORED

pot stirring 101 - what does church mean to you?

ayin jade

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

Foe me the Christian assembly I consider myself part off is a place where I am strengthened and serve Christ, by serving the brothers and sisters in Christ. It is the place where we encourage each other and lift each other up, and it is a place where we exult our Savior with worship and the Word in a corporate setting. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

By church Im not talking about the body of Christ, but the organization that you attend for saturday or sunday (or whichever day) service. 

What does it mean to you? What do you expect to get out of it or give to it? What is your primary purpose in being there? Any other comments that you can think of to answer this topic is fine too.

Since I started the topic, I figured I should respond to it and give you my thoughts lol. 

Lately Ive been a bit focused on the worship of the Lord in church. Almost a rediscovering of a basic adoration of the Lord. At this time, praising Him in church is what I expect to get from church service. That is my primary purpose in being there. I also feel like Im in a holding pattern (to use an aviation term lol). I believe He has a next step for me to give of myself but the time is not right. So for now, it is enough to just worship the Lord.

Thank you all for your replies. Feel free to continue posting as you wish on it.