Mark Scheiderer

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I posted today for the first time in nearly 5 years in the Worthy Welcome section of the site.

I updated my website ( ,which includes a portion of an e-mail from the cult that verifies the leader's practice of NECROMANCY, i.e. TALKING TO THE DEAD) and simply wanted to bring this to people's attention. I asked where would be a good section to post on it and the post was deleted.

Why?

I removed your link. We are getting reports of virus warnings when folks click on it - EricH

Edited by EricH

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I posted today for the first time in nearly 5 years in the Worthy Welcome section of the site.

I updated my website (http://www.eth-s.com) and simply wanted to bring this to people's attention. I asked where would be a good section to post on it and the post was deleted.

Why?

I am sure a mod will answer in due course Mark. Is your website commercial in any way?

No. I've never made a cent off of exposing this cult.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hello Mark...welcome to these boards.

I read your report with interest, having had a lot of personal interaction with cults and their members...and this cult bears all the hall-marks of gross deception in the name of Jesus.

I saw the list of people in leadership that had rubbed shoulders with the Cult, and would just say, that although there are many names of prominent Christian leaders on that list, it in no way implies that they were all suckered in or endorsed the teachings the cult disseminated...I think in particular of Derek Prince.

I have been in Churches where false teachers have inadvertently been given a platform, but were never invited back because it was obvious they were of a different spirit....sometimes the leadership would tell the congregation about it...and at other times I guess they thought it better to keep quiet and not unsettle the Church, especially if what had been brought was soon forgotten and had no ongoing/lasting effect.

There is a great lack of discernment in many Churches, and amongst many good leaders...I think only recently of the ministry of Todd Bentley, and how people were encouraged to flock to his ministry and come away with some of the apparent anointing...when a child should have been able to discern from his very words, let alone bizarre actions, that something was amiss. Things can get very confusing when deception comes in the guise of Christian ministry, and is it any wonder that in these days, even the elect are caught unawares for a time...I am sure it will become a spiritual pandemic along the lines of swine-flu, as the day of the L-rd draws near.

Regards. Botz.

Botz-

Thanks for the feedback.

In regards to the Christian leaders who have spoken at the cult's meetings: Where is their discernment? Sure, most can and did quickly discern the lunacy of Odd-Todd Bentley, but why can't those who are leaders discern the more subtle psuedo-Christian imposters that have infiltrated the Church? I believe it's because they are either not saved to begin with or because they spend little if any time in the Word and prayer.

We are commanded in Scripture to avoid false teachers and to expose them. To many pussyfoot around and say we are to "not judge". Wrong. We are commanded to judge false from correct teaching/teachers. Failure to do so will put people at spiritual risk.

It's not well known, but 80% of those involved in cults at one time or another attended a Christian church! I believe the reason for this is because the Church is doing a horrible job at discipling new believers ( if they are even discipled at all.)

Charles H. Spurgeon, the great preacher from the 1800's said," The neglect of the prayer closet (i.e. quiet time, devotion time, etc.) is the beginning of all spiritual decline." May God give us all a desire to spend more and more time with Him!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Botz-

Thanks for the feedback.

In regards to the Christian leaders who have spoken at the cult's meetings: Where is their discernment? Sure, most can and did quickly discern the lunacy of Odd-Todd Bentley, but why can't those who are leaders discern the more subtle psuedo-Christian imposters that have infiltrated the Church? I believe it's because they are either not saved to begin with or because they spend little if any time in the Word and prayer.

We are commanded in Scripture to avoid false teachers and to expose them. To many pussyfoot around and say we are to "not judge". Wrong. We are commanded to judge false from correct teaching/teachers. Failure to do so will put people at spiritual risk.

It's not well known, but 80% of those involved in cults at one time or another attended a Christian church! I believe the reason for this is because the Church is doing a horrible job at discipling new believers ( if they are even discipled at all.)

Charles H. Spurgeon, the great preacher from the 1800's said," The neglect of the prayer closet (i.e. quiet time, devotion time, etc.) is the beginning of all spiritual decline." May God give us all a desire to spend more and more time with Him!

Grace to you,

Mark,

To what do you ascribe your period of deception?

Peace,

Dave

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Botz-

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Mark,

I don't think it is because the Leaders are not saved in the first place...certainly none that I have recognised...but certainly one has to question their discernment at times, and the way they handle the situation. Unfortunately it seems that many Churches have a system whereby they invite 'popular ministers' to share the pulpit, without really getting to know the full extent of what they preach or teach.

Also I think it is inevitable that wolves in sheeps clothing will at times infiltrate the flock...but more could be done by the shepherds to protect the flock and expose the danger...but the buck stops with the Shepherd.

I remember once that alarm bells finally went off when the visiting minister tried to deliver one poor soul from the spirit of Batman :noidea:

But laughing aside...it is a problem that should be dealt with better...and Spurgeon's advice is positive.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I remember once that alarm bells finally went off when the visiting minister tried to deliver one poor soul from the spirit of Batman :noidea:

:blink::blink::blink::taped:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Hi Mike,

I don't anything about this cult. so I can't comment too much on them. :noidea:

Matthitjah-

I would ascribe my period of deception to a total lack of being discipled, not being in the Word and prayer on a daily basis, not knowing that some have the same vocabulary as real Christians but a completely different dictionary, and being undecided at that point in my life what I wanted to do with my life.

Mark