IGNORED

Drugs ..

aussie_musician

Guest Fish Catcher Jim

why do people take drugs ??

all I hear is that people get addicted to them ..

I never hear of why they take drugs in the first place ..

does a person get addicted for the sake of it ??

to me that seems stupid ..

a person can't get addicted to something unless its enticing .. true ..

I was addicted to the PS2 that my father gave me for my birthday one time .. although not a drug .. its an analogy of my question ..

As a drug addict that only Jesus could clean up, I can say along with some others here that humans can get "strung out" or addicted to just about anything. Humans were originally made for worship -- worshipping the one true God who created us, and if we won't worship Him we try to fill that void with something else. I've also heard it described as a coping mechanism, etc.

Some express it like this, "When your life sucks you look for any relief you can find," some will say, "Booze, drugs, sex, or all of the above."

For me, it started with life going nowhere. (It seemed that way at the time, anyway.) I was bored, just out of the military, and there were more drugs at university than I'd seen in some pharmacies. Then I got in with a "wrong" crowd that oddly enough had good grades . . . got introduced to something to help study before exams . . . then it was game on.

I was in my late 30's . . . and had to go to university to become a drug addict. :blink:  I don't think that's what they meant by a "higher" education. :whistling:

No but"HIGHER EDUCATION" is the only degree i earned all through "HIGH School !!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/09/1987

Taking drugs is chosen by various reason, including, wanting to be socially accepted, addiction to medicine that one is taking, or to escape situations in their lives they don't to think about. Taking to drugs to escape pain, however when the drugs wear off, whatever they took drugs to escape from is still their so they do it again, and maybe more frequently=becoming addictions. Taking drugs over a extended period of time and addiction to drug can effect the development and patterns of someone brain and damage it also.

" it changes the brain, including parts of the brain that give a person self-control. These and other changes can be seen clearly in brain-imaging studies of people with a drug addiction. These brain changes explain why quitting is so difficult, even when an addicted person feels ready"