Cog

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

ELI5 is something that has been on the internet for about 2 or 3 years now. It basically means: explain it in layman's terms. (If you use jargon, define your jargon, etc.)

I asked you all to ELI5, because I wanted sincere attempts at explaining reality, what you thought about it, but in a way that almost anyone could understand.

I was trying to avoid replies that were:

-dismissive

-brief

-philosophical

-so spiritually, or topically/technically specific, that someone without knowledge of the terminology couldn't understand.

Google ELI5, you'll see what I mean.

Edited by Cog

I have not read any replies.

I have a five year old. If asked what reality is I would simply explain it as reality is whatever God says it is because God is God. God created all things for his pleasure. We are here to please God.

gdemoss, Thank you for not reading replies first.

Reality is God and his self-pleasing creations? But what about bad people and their creations?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what do you think about determinism? Is what is destined determined by his will, or does it supersede him in some weird way, as if he is bound by his own will? If it is determinism by his free will, will that is changeable, is it really determinism in the way most people think of it? What are your thoughts on predestined/destiny/prophecies/etc.?

Also, I agree with your answer, yet there is people who do wicked things, and I don't think that pleases him, so I don't know how to reconcile self-pleasure and wickedness. So, idk.

Edited by Cog

Guest Teditis

ELI5 is something that has been on the internet for about 2 or 3 years now. It basically means: explain it in layman's terms. (If you use jargon, define your jargon, etc.)

I asked you all to ELI5, because I wanted sincere attempts at explaining reality, what you thought about it, but in a way that almost anyone could understand.

I was trying to avoid replies that were:

-dismissive

-brief

-philosophical

-so spiritually, or topically/technically specific, that someone without knowledge of the terminology couldn't understand.

Google ELI5, you'll see what I mean.

That's interesting... I had never heard of it before, but I like it.

Wouldn't it be nice to see more responses follow this model

to other topics throughout forums!?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I have not read any replies.

I have a five year old. If asked what reality is I would simply explain it as reality is whatever God says it is because God is God. God created all things for his pleasure. We are here to please God.

gdemoss, Thank you for not reading replies first.

Reality is God and his self-pleasing creations? But what about bad people and their creations?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what do you think about determinism? Is what is destined determined by his will, or does it supersede him in some weird way, as if he is bound by his own will? If it is determinism by his free will, will that is changeable, is it really determinism in the way most people think of it? What are your thoughts on predestined/destiny/prophecies/etc.?

Also, I agree with your answer, yet there is people who do wicked things, and I don't think that pleases him, so I don't know how to reconcile self-pleasure and wickedness. So, idk.

Interesting.

I said that God created all things for his pleasure. I did not say that all things please God.

I once had a problem. I only saw 3 possible solutions. I asked God to fix my problem via one of the solutions I saw. A dear friend of mine later asked me why I didn't leave room for the 4th solution. Astonished at his words I asked what the fourth solution was to which he said the thing that you don't know about that God does.

God's ways are higher than mine. Precious in his eyes is the death of his saints yet from my perspective death seems a loss.

What do I think about predestination or determinism? I don't as I have concluded these questions are irrelevant to my purpose in life which is to please God. I believe God wants me out in the streets ministering to thieves, drug addicts, whores and tax collectors While seeking to live a quiet peacable life So that is what I do.

God created all things for his pleasure but at the same time he takes no pleasure in the punishment of the wicked. Both things are equally true.

Reality is whatever God says it is and he reserves the right to change it at will.

I said that God created all things for his pleasure. I did not say that all things please God.

God created all things for his pleasure but at the same time he takes no pleasure in the punishment of the wicked. Both things are equally true.

gdemoss, that is very difficult to hear (perceive/understand).

John 1:

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Isaiah 45:

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Colossians 1:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Ephesians 6:

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Proverbs 16

4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

This is what you're referring to, right? But how do you hear that? Help me understand, please. What does it mean? What is he trying to tell us?

This is open to anyone who can understand those sayings.

What is he trying to tell us?

:thumbsup:

The Point Of All Reality

By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. Psalms 33:6

Is To Show Jesus

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

Is LORD

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

1 Corinthians 15:

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

That's what I'm looking forward to: all in all. But I wonder: why has Father made the Son reign for now? Is it that the body of us is that which is used to subdue the spirit? The image controlling the spirits whether by leading them, or by forcing them, into the awareness of Truth (Father=awareness of Truth)?

The firstfruit is of...

What?

Why do firstfruits go to Father? Are the fruits the spirits which have gained awareness of the Truth by the image? By Yeshua?

I need to understand what firstfruit is!!

Anyone?

http://www.worthydevotions.com/christian-devotional/we-are-the-bikoreem-of-creation/comment-page-1#comment-46396

Edited by Cog

~

The Resurrected Jesus

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 1 Corinthians 15:20

And Then As His Earthly Return Continues

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 1 Corinthians 15:23

The Resurrected Bodies Of His Believers Past And Present

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18

I don't understand. Can you explain in layman's terms?

What is the meaning and purpose of firstfruits unto God?

Like Father made people bring him their first harvests, first animal born that was spotless, etc. What is the meaning of all that? Also he took the first born of Eygpts people, etc...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/09/1987

reality-real life