IGNORED

Contemplative Prayer - False Doctrine

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

By Faith,

Please look at the OP to see what the thread is about.   This is about Contemplative Prayer.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

By Faith,

Please look at the OP to see what the thread is about.   This is about Contemplative Prayer.

yes, took me reading every page and hunting up the links given to even grasp what it was. I read things such as chanting Jesus over and over, clearing your mind, whatever that is and getting in quite rooms. 

years back I caught a brother with his eyes closed, His wife just left him, and he had a whole lot of issues. He really just wanted God to fix things. The Lord said to me, "Stop your brother, He is trying to have me give him a vision to show him good things and show him about his marriage coming back.

You can get in error this way, and there are more spirits out there just willing to step in and help you see what you want to see. I went and corrected him. I am not against visions, but seeking them can cause serious issues. 

This thread reminded me about that situation years ago. 

Reading through some of these practices, to "FEEL" closer to God, and to Get messages makes me believe that it might not be so much a knowing of pagan practices but a serious lack of faith. God said he would never leave you or forsake you, good enough for me. It may not look like God is there, may not feel like God is there, they even told you God left the building and was not going to be there. I can tell you, if he said He is there, then He is there despite how you feel, or what it looks like.

Worked with a Pastor one time that would come in my service at times and chant. Come now Holy Spirit, just over and over and over and over. Out of respect I never said anything, but I was wondering where he thought the Holy Spirit might have taken off to. Miracles come by hearing of faith, not by chanting.

I think people just want more of God and not certain how that works, so they do things not scriptural and the wrong spirits move and show them things confusing them. There is a difference in someone that is confused and someone that knows they are actually practicing witch craft of some sort. 

Thank you for pointing these things out, All brand new to me. Might have seen it, just did not know what to call it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I dived the deep waters about all this, and it surely tears one's soul pretty bad. To find that place to meet and worship God as a Father in spirit and truth, and to be sure it is God.

There sure is much deception, of many sorts. I used to contemplate, to meditate until it brought me to a point I no longer could not. Spiritual burn-out was the outcome, a bad one.

How to graciously approach our good Lord, in union, on a solid ground and doctrine?

We need His peace, a peace this world cannot provide, and that peace cannot be produced by our own efforts. It's much deeper, it penetrates right into our soul. When we find that peace within us, that is, what He has given us, that changes everything.

Like a loving Father, He will provide us with what we need. It asks discernment. It comes effortlessly. Sometimes, the enemy will try to distract you. But the peace of the Lord will prevail.

Exalt Him, cry for Him. He will come for you, because through Jesus Christ we are in union with God whose Spirit indwells us. And our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.

Howcome we not sense that what is of God. When I was a child, I was with my father and could hear his voice. Now that I am in the presence of my Heavenly Father, as Jesus does just that, puts things in place and reunites, He's the way, I rejoice of His presence. I can speak with Him, and He guides me.

Our Heavenly Father.