other one

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,181
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I first read a couple of places about this story I was rather upset as to why a judge would allow this to be put on buses....   I thought it was awful.......   but in snooping around to the original story it seems that the people that are doing this are Jewish sympathisers and are actually wanting the reaction that I was having.

Killing Jews really is worship to real Islamists and it should upset everyone who reads this on the buses.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/ad.saying.killing.jews.is.worship.will.not.be.banned.from.new.york.buses/52595.htm

A "savage" and "demeaning" advert created by a pro-Israel organisation will go up on New York buses following a controversial ruling by a federal judge, reports the Washington Post.

The advert created for the American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI) reads: "Killing Jews is Worship that draws us close to Allah" and features next to an image of a young man in a chequered headscarf. It is designed to highlight what the AFDI argues are Muslim attitudes to Jews.

The advert was originally rejected by New York's Metropolitan Transport Authority (MTA), which said that they were "savage" and demeaned Muslims and Palestinians.

However, US District Judge John Koeltl has ruled that the MTA cannot stop the ads from running. In his judgment he said that MTA officials "underestimate the tolerant quality of New Yorkers and overestimate the potential impact of these fleeting advertisements". He added: "Moreover, there is no evidence that seeing one of these advertisements on the back of a bus would be sufficient to trigger a violent reaction. Therefore, these ads—offensive as they may be—are still entitled to First Amendment protection."

He pointed out that the same ad had run in Chicago and San Francisco without incident.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

If any Jews are murdered and their murders can be linked to that sign, the judge should be arrested as an accessory to murder.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Seems an extreme way to do it...time will tell if its effective or not. Seems to me though if someone gets killed because of said sign, the judge can't be held accountable. He made the right call, freedom of speech. Even if the speech is stupid, one has the right to be less then intelligent.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

This is upsetting. I hope no one gets hurts. Not everyone reading this ad will understand the intent behind the ad.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Those who would kill jews out of hatred do not need the ad to give them incentive. They would do it without the ad as well.

Guest shiloh357

This is not protected speech.  Talking about taking someone's life and calling it worship is inciting it.   That is not covered anywhere under the Constitution.

If I glorified the idea of  killing my next door neighbor and called it "worship,"  he could rightfully take me to court.

Guest shiloh357

They would not need incentive, but that doesn't mean anyone should be free to encourage it and glorify it as worship.

I doubt anyone one of us would take this lightly if WE were on the receiving end of something like that.

It has been running in other cities without incidents

By the way the add isn't giving incentive, it is informing the rest of the world reality. To a jihadist killing Jews is worship..... and soon here Christians too. Muslims don't need incentive, but others need reality.