DaNcInAnGeL

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the input 2TP. I will get back to you in a few.

Mark

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I am reminded of the scripture in Revelation where Jesus threatens to spit the unworthy Chruches out of his mouth. I am guessing that it is possible to loose your standing with God.

He says, the wages of sin are death, so if we sin again, and do not ask forgiveness, we have to pay the wage. Backsliding means starting to live in a worldly manner again. Some people stop going to church but don't really sin, or let their lives slip, but we are commanded not to

forsake gathering together. I don't see how you can just do anything and act anyway, and still stay a christian. Why would he bother teaching us all those rules, parables, and stories, if it were okay to do anything we wanted once we said our magic salvation words. In the Lords Prayer jesus advises us that each time we pray we should ask forgiveness of our sins and forgive the ones who sinned against us, I think that is pretty clear and sound advice. Better safe than sorry.

I am reminded of the scripture in Revelation where Jesus threatens to spit the unworthy Chruches out of his mouth. I am guessing that it is possible to loose your standing with God.

He says, the wages of sin are death, so if we sin again, and do not ask forgiveness, we have to pay the wage. Backsliding means starting to live in a worldly manner again. Some people stop going to church but don't really sin, or let their lives slip, but we are commanded not to

forsake gathering together. I don't see how you can just do anything and act anyway, and still stay a christian. Why would he bother teaching us all those rules, parables, and stories, if it were okay to do anything we wanted once we said our magic salvation words. In the Lords Prayer jesus advises us that each time we pray we should ask forgiveness of our sins and forgive the ones who sinned against us, I think that is pretty clear and sound advice. Better safe than sorry.

someone said that Jesus would have to die twice for our new sins? Of course not, He paid the wage for all of them all at the same time, but we did not ask him to cover the cost for all our sins all at the same time, how could we if we didn't yet know about them. Confession is made unto salvation. He only had to die once to pay the wage of sin for all men, but if we need to borrow another quarter, we have to go to Jesus and ask for it again.

And, I would add, that we are not the same weak persons we were before salvation because we are indwelt by God Himself. He is with us and His power to keep us is holding us "and none can take us out of His hand". That is why it is called "THE GOOD NEWS"!! (And yes I was shouting!)

Mark

Logic:

Either one is right and the other position is wrong.

or

Both are wrong.

but both positions cannot be right.

and

because there has been contention for a long time doesn't mean that nothing good is being accomplished.

The debate is good and should always continue.

Mark

Edited by Mark777

Guest NewPilgrim

Romans 6:16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.

20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21 What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Who here is trully a servant? and which of us claims to be, but without having been bought, thinking ourselves greater than the price paid that we might walk away from it?

Butero,

I do not know. All I know is that it is great to be able to spend time thinking about the great treasures of our faith. Lets continue............

Lets take specific verses and see where it leads us:

John 5: 24:

Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgement, but has passed out of death into life."

What are the "real" possibilities of this verse?

It seems like Jesus is saying, to me at least, that all you need to do is hear and accept Him and you are THEN given ETERNAL life. You have passed from death into life - and that life is non-ending life. What else can it be saying?

Amen, NewPilgrim!

I am a slave of Christ's. Owned lock stock and barrel.

Guest NewPilgrim

It could be saying that (and I indeed believe it is), but your counterparts will claim that having been granted eternal life we can throw it away. I would ask them then, how can it be eternal and already granted so? Surely this is conditional life, not eternal, conditional on you clinging to it.