• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Why So Blind,

Surely what you are talking about are sinners under the Law. Christ died to take away our sin.

All our righteousness is of nothing to God, that's why we can't do anything to save ourselves, other than accept Jesus' gift of Salvation.

Yomo

AMEN Yomo,,, are we not born again, saved, justified, reconciled to God through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ? Things were DIFFERENT before He came,,surely!!!!!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, let's see if I grasp the "Once Saved-Then Re-Lost-Then Re-Saved-Then Re-Lost Ad Infinitum Position:

(1) If you lose your everlasting salvation, quite evidently you never had EVERLASTING salvation in the first place. It was only TEMPORARY salvation;

(2) If one can lose one's everlasting salvation, then God told a distinct lie 2when He promised "And they shall NEVER, NEVER, NEVER perish (Greek, comay, a TRIPLE negative), neither shall any man pluck them pout of My Hand";

(3) WHERE in the entire Bible is there ONE example - so stated in clear English - of a formerly saved individual now become "Re-Lost" & having been plucked out of God's Hand?;

(4) And wouldn't JUST ONE SIN make a person become "Re-Lost" OR can we enter heaven WITH sins in our lives? And, further, how will one KNOW whether or not one has become "Re-Lost" again?

(5) Finally, for the moment, Didn't Jesus say, "I NEVER knew you"? Wouldn't He have to alter Holy Scripture to read, "I USED to know you, but I don't know you now!"?

THANK YOU, LORD JESUS, FOR BEING ABLE TO "KEEP ME FROM FALLING"!

AMEN! GLORY!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

So, let's see if I grasp the "Once Saved-Then Re-Lost-Then Re-Saved-Then Re-Lost Ad Infinitum Position:

(1) If you lose your everlasting salvation, quite evidently you never had EVERLASTING salvation in the first place. It was only TEMPORARY salvation;

(2) If one can lose one's everlasting salvation, then God told a distinct lie 2when He promised "And they shall NEVER, NEVER, NEVER perish (Greek, comay, a TRIPLE negative), neither shall any man pluck them pout of My Hand";

(3) WHERE in the entire Bible is there ONE example - so stated in clear English - of a formerly saved individual now become "Re-Lost" & having been plucked out of God's Hand?;

(4) And wouldn't JUST ONE SIN make a person become "Re-Lost" OR can we enter heaven WITH sins in our lives? And, further, how will one KNOW whether or not one has become "Re-Lost" again?

(5) Finally, for the moment, Didn't Jesus say, "I NEVER knew you"? Wouldn't He have to alter Holy Scripture to read, "I USED to know you, but I don't know you now!"?

THANK YOU, LORD JESUS, FOR BEING ABLE TO "KEEP ME FROM FALLING"!

AMEN! GLORY!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

I have to agree with this post!Have to agree with this post! :wub:

Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. [b]Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.[/

b]

blessings! :)

When people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their salvation as eternally secure. Numerous passages of Scripture declare this fact.

Romans 8:30, "And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified." This verse tells us that from the moment God chooses us, it is as if we are glorified in His presence in heaven. There is nothing that can prevent a believer from one day being glorified because God has already purposed it in heaven. Once a person is justified, his salvation is guaranteed - he is as secure as if he is already glorified in heaven.

Paul asks two crucial questions in Romans 8:33-34 "Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died more than that, who was raised to life - is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us." Who will bring a charge against God's elect? No one will, because Christ is our advocate. Who will condemn us? No one will, because Christ, the One who died for us, is the one who condemns. We have both the advocate and judge as our Savior.

Believers are born again (regenerated) when they believe (John 3:3; Titus 3:5). For a Christian to lose his salvation, he would have to be un-regenerated. The Bible gives no evidence that the new birth can be taken away.

The Holy Spirit indwells all believers (John 14:17; Romans 8:9) and baptizes all believers into the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13). For a believer to become unsaved, he would have to be "un-indwelt" and detached from the Body of Christ.

John 3:15 says that whoever believes in Jesus will "have eternal life." If you believe in Christ today and have eternal life, but lose it tomorrow, then it was never "eternal" at all. So, if you lose your salvation, the promises of eternal life in the Bible would be in error.

For the most conclusive argument, I think Scripture says it best itself, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39)." Remember the same God who saved you is the same God who will keep you.

Jesus said, "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand" (John 10:28-29).

Both Jesus and the Father have us firmly grasped in their hand. Who could possibly separate us from the grip of both the Father and the Son?

AMEN KEITH! :whistling:

As far as abusing God's grace is concerned...

A person who has been delivered from sin by faith in Christ should not desire to remain in a life of sin (Romans 6:2). At the same time, submitting to the God is an issue of spiritual growth, not salvation. The Christian life is a process of submitting to God in increasing measure (2 Peter 1:5-8). A person does not have to submit to God in every area of his or her life in order to be saved. A person simply has to recognize that they are a sinner, in need of Jesus Christ for salvation, and place trust in Him (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9). Jesus is Lord (Philippians 2:10). Christians absolutely should submit to Him (James 4:7). A changed life and submission to God is the result of salvation, not a requirement for salvation.

The Bible clearly teaches that salvation is by faith alone, apart from works (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9). The Bible also says that a life changes after salvation (Ephesians 2:10).

And Amen!!

its kind of like a circle,,,,

those who have been saved, who have been regenerated by the rebirth, should no longer desire to sin, so when the Bible says the things it says about our conduct, for me it's describing the fruits that should become evident if one has truly 'believed in his heart, and confessed with his mouth, THAT JESUS CHRIST IS LORD' 'By their fruits you will know them...'

Keith says it best,,,, 'A changed life and submission to God is the RESULT of salvation, not the REQUIREMENT for salvation'

God writes His laws upon our hearts, as we submit to the process of sanctification,,,,a work done by GOD by the power of His Holy Spirit in us

.(Heb 8:10 KJVA) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

( once we have been 'saved' ie accepted God's free gift of grace) And yes, that is a process!

That's how I understand it anyway! :whistling:

I for one, am ETERNALLY grateful that God took the initiative.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Hello everyone,

I thought that I would stop in and see what was added to this thread and ran into st. Worm

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

mark777 quote:

"And - as a suggestion - I think it is horribly unwise to consider yourself a Lutheran or Calvinist. To strictly adhere to things that some guys wrote about centuries ago cheats you out of discovering the Scriptures for yourself."

SW:

I don't think that's really a good suggestion. Although men are fallible Mark, the truth never changes. I believe the Lutheran Confessions because they true and in agreement with Scripture. What you are advocating is that everyone decides for themselves what the truth is and therefore the truth is different for everyone. That is the evil of fundamentalism and liberalism. There is no real truth or standard so each person goes his own way and has his own version of the truth. When churches unite only on a few basics, then the other 95% is continually up for grabs.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

SW:

Horizoneast quote:

Worm

horizoneast quote:

Then are we agreement that Scripture alone is sufficient in all matters of the Christian faith and extra-biblical writings (Lutheran Confessions, papal bulls, etc.) are not needed to seek and find the truth in God