• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Like I said some companies do use some nasty chemicals-but youll find most of your major players have gone pretty green-and are heavily monitored by the EPA. You will notice the above article didn't list the proportion of companies that use sodium and citrus vs those who use others. Its also misleading, to date, Haliburton is just about the only major company that has gotten away with refusing to tell the EPA whats in their mixture-and thats mainly because Haliburton has close ties within the government, including several government contracts. Everyone else, while they dont necessarily have to list the exact quantities, do have to tell the EPA whats in them. Companies such as BP, Anadarko, Chesapeake energy, and other major players, are very closely monitored. Sure, they each have their own reciple-which theyre not going to release to anyone, including the above "commitee" without a subpeona, but you can rest assured theyre EPA approved. 

And even the chemicals that arnt 100% friendly, there has been no conclusive evidence that it can seep through rock layers into ground water, at least not with water and oil wells. There have been some evidence of methane gas getting into ground water, but that even predated fracking, so it can be difficult to blame fracking for that.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Like I said some companies do use some nasty chemicals-but youll find most of your major players have gone pretty green-and are heavily monitored by the EPA. You will notice the above article didn't list the proportion of companies that use sodium and citrus vs those who use others. Its also misleading, to date, Haliburton is just about the only major company that has gotten away with refusing to tell the EPA whats in their mixture-and thats mainly because Haliburton has close ties within the government, including several government contracts. Everyone else, while they dont necessarily have to list the exact quantities, do have to tell the EPA whats in them. Companies such as BP, Anadarko, Chesapeake energy, and other major players, are very closely monitored. Sure, they each have their own reciple-which theyre not going to release to anyone, including the above "commitee" without a subpeona, but you can rest assured theyre EPA approved. 

And even the chemicals that arnt 100% friendly, there has been no conclusive evidence that it can seep through rock layers into ground water, at least not with water and oil wells. There have been some evidence of methane gas getting into ground water, but that even predated fracking, so it can be difficult to blame fracking for that.

It seems to me that they are putting the injection wells in the same geological formations that the oil originally comes out of...      it seems to me that injecting water into those formations would help push the oil there to be better recovered in the long run....    I've not really read much about that but it makes sense to me that it might help......        Natural gas I'm not sure of.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

They do, and actually often times, at least in my area they dont drill injection wells, they simply use a old oil well thats gone dry or was dry when they drilled it.