IGNORED

Christian Authors?

Jack86753

Guest shiloh357

Mormons risk their lives in other nations too in order to spread their message so that is not really barometer of spiritual or theological accuracy.   The heresy is really bad in J. Cult.  They are part of the New Apostolic Reformation which is also full false teachers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Mormons risk their lives in other nations too in order to spread their message so that is not really barometer of spiritual or theological accuracy.   The heresy is really bad in J. Cult.  They are part of the New Apostolic Reformation which is also full false teachers.

So what do you believe they teach is heresy? Also, with many heresy hunter websites, a lot of the info is misquotations, directly false information, and are aimed to spread fear.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,727
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

What kind of books are you wanting? Probably my favorite apologetics book is when skeptics ask by Norman Geisler. If your into fiction Frank Peretti is very entertaining.

Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker are very dark if a person likes that sort of thing.I did enjoy the "Circle" series by Dekker but that is it.

they are dark. I Enjoy Dekker some, but I much prefer Peretti. I actually dont do dark typically, but when it comes to Perettis books I really enjoyed them. I think my favorites of his are "The Oath" and "The visitation". Monster was really good to.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

I've seen so many preacher's trying to sell their books that I really just did not know where to start. I'm not looking for anything specific, I'm just trying to be more selective when it comes to entertainment. I love learning about God and want to learn as much as I can. I also love a good story. Thanks for the suggestions, they will keep me busy.

When preachers try to sell their books, that should be a red flag. If you would like to gain a really good insight into the Gospels and the Lord Jesus Christ, then The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah by Alfred Edersheim is worth reading.  The author was a Hebrew-Christian writing in the 19th century.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

For a moment bopeep, I thought you were saying that Calvinists do not have an equal opportunity to go to heaven, lol!

No I said that I did not support Calvinism because they do not believe everyone has a chance to be saved.

What bopeep is saying is that Calvinists teach limited atonement, which is a flawed doctrine. It is really unfortunate that Reformed Theology and Calvinism distort the true Gospel, and reading the Puritans and Reformed theologians, you will have heavy emphasis on what is called Five Point Calvinism.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

What kind of books are you wanting? Probably my favorite apologetics book is when skeptics ask by Norman Geisler. If your into fiction Frank Peretti is very entertaining.

Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker are very dark if a person likes that sort of thing.I did enjoy the "Circle" series by Dekker but that is it.

they are dark. I Enjoy Dekker some, but I much prefer Peretti. I actually dont do dark typically, but when it comes to Perettis books I really enjoyed them. I think my favorites of his are "The Oath" and "The visitation". Monster was really good to.

Peretti is heavy into Spiritual warfare.I have read a couple of his books.

For a moment bopeep, I thought you were saying that Calvinists do not have an equal opportunity to go to heaven, lol!

No I said that I did not support Calvinism because they do not believe everyone has a chance to be saved.

What bopeep is saying is that Calvinists teach limited atonement, which is a flawed doctrine. It is really unfortunate that Reformed Theology and Calvinism distort the true Gospel, and reading the Puritans and Reformed theologians, you will have heavy emphasis on what is called Five Point Calvinism.

That is right Ezra.

I know what bopeep was saying, that is why I said:

"For a moment bopeep, I thought you were saying that Calvinists do not have an equal opportunity to go to heaven, lol!

Now, just to clear things up, if they are not already, here is why I almost mistook what was being said by bopeep:

"I think everyone has an equal opportunity to go to heaven.Calvinists do not."

What was implied in my thinking for a moment, was connecting the the Calvinists do not, with the part of the previous sentence just before that remark, in other words:

"Calvinists do not (have an equal opportunity to go to Heaven)."

On a side note, I notice that a lot of these posts are beginning to discuss theological differences about gifts and eschatology, sotierology, etc, that are really in house discussions, and not really that helpful to a person looking for some reading to get started off with. Let's try to keep the O.P. in mind, shall we?

I like stuff that will hold my attention I tend to go to fiction or /Christian suspense books because I have run into non fiction books written biy popular Christian authors whose theology I don't agree on.

I love Janette Oake ,Karen Kingsburry, Terri Blackstock,Brandylyn Collins, Ted Dekker,Matt Slick (The Influence is a Suspense book dealing with spiritual warfare Very !!!! Suspenseful)

Have you read any of Dee Henderson's books Holly?You might enjoy her if you like suspense.I like her.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,727
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Peretti is heavy into Spiritual warfare.I have read a couple of his books.

thats why I like them. Dekker dives into it to, but I think Peretti does a far better job of it. Dekker seems to want to focus more on the "fear factor" while peretti is more focused on the big picture.