IGNORED

What is the difference in the rapture and the second coming?

missmuffet

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Yeah, Marilyn,

All it is saying is that this king will be like David who is a type and foreshadowing of Christ.   It is referencing Jesus who is David's son.  

I agree Shiloh & it is what I discerned likewise .. outstanding !!

Christ was "given" the throne of David, but really, it was & was to be His (Christ's) all along. 

Like Herod for example .. Herod died when Mary was fled to Egypt, so they returned to Israel after Herod's death to which we find out that none other than Herod took Herod's place on the throne !! 

It of course was not Herod who previously died sitting on that throne at that time Mary returned to Israel, but his son .. Herod was the name of the throne reign .. of that bloodline .. so here we find an example that backs our discernment concerning David's throne!! 

There are other scriptures that speak of "David" which sound an awful lot like Christ Himself & not David at all .. this is actually a mystery masked in the scriptures easily overlooked.

Regards.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Christ is the heir of David and the Davidic King.

Isaiah 30:19 For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee.

Where one dwells is where one resides.

Zechariah 2:10 Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.

Though there is a metaphoric dwelling, like the indwelling Spirit whereby Christ "dwells" with us today .. I acknowledge that .. that metaphoric dwelling however in my opinion is not the same as the above, for that dwelling has already come into our midst through the Holy Spirit, but the above speaks of an actual literal coming / dwelling for "I come" is "first person" speak if I may use that analogy .. "I come" (first person) AND "I will dwell in the midst of thee" .. WILL dwell in the midst (among them)

Zechariah 2:11 And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.

Christ was "sent" to "dwell" in the "midst" of them ..

Zechariah 8:3 Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.

Christ "returns" speaks of the literal .. since there are Christian's in Israel today, then He is already there metaphorically speaking .. so what is meant by "return" if His Spirit is already amongst them if we take it metaphorically? It would be a contradiction would it not? Thus to me,  this "return" by default speaks of a "physical" literal return in the person.

Zechariah 6:13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

"His throne" .. not like the throne He sit's on presently in heaven which Christ flatly declared is "His Father's throne " .. yes I acknowledge that all that belongs to the Father is the Son's likewise, but we can't look at everything in that way else we will never be able to discern different events where there are clear separations like between heaven & earthly events.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

This throne is on earth, not in heaven otherwise there would be no "then will He sit" because He would already be sitting on "it".

Revelation 3:21  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Two distinct thrones .. one is in heaven with the Father .. His throne .. and the other is on earth, this is the throne of glory, Christ's throne .. which is also called David's throne which is a forerunner  as Shiloh stated & I agree.

Regards.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Yeah, Marilyn,

All it is saying is that this king will be like David who is a type and foreshadowing of Christ.   It is referencing Jesus who is David's son.

Christ was "given" the throne of David, but really, it was & was to be His (Christ's) all along. 

Like Herod for example .. Herod died when Mary was fled to Egypt, so they returned to Israel after Herod's death to which we find out that none other than Herod took Herod's place on the throne !! 

It of course was not Herod who previously died sitting on that throne at that time Mary returned to Israel, but his son .. Herod was the name of the throne reign .. of that bloodline .. so here we find an example that backs our discernment concerning David's throne!! 

There are other scriptures that speak of "David" which sound an awful lot like Christ Himself & not David at all .. this is actually a mystery masked in the scriptures easily overlooked.

Regards.

Hi Serving,

Yes, the King David of the Psalms was a type of Christ the King, however he (king David of the Psalms) is in the General Assembly at the moment, awaiting his inheritance in the New Jerusalem, in the New heavens & New earth time. (Heb. 11: 32)

The king David, ruling in Israel in the millennium, is a mortal man, who marries & has children at that time.

Marilyn.

Also,

` I will establish one shepherd over them, & he shall feed them - my servant David. He shall feed them & be their shepherd. And I, the Lord, will be their God, & my servant David a prince among them; I, the Lord, have spoken.` (Ez. 34: 23 & 24)

`For the children of Israel shall abide many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, without ephod or teraphim. Afterwards the children of Israel shall return, seek the Lord their God & David their king, & fear the Lord & His goodness in the latter days.` (Hosea 3: 5)

Marilyn.

Yeah, Marilyn,

Regards.

Hi Serving,

Yes, the King David of the Psalms was a type of Christ the King, however he (king David of the Psalms) is in the General Assembly at the moment, awaiting his inheritance in the New Jerusalem, in the New heavens & New earth time. (Heb. 11: 32)

The king David, ruling in Israel in the millennium, is a mortal man, who marries & has children at that time.

Marilyn.

Hi sister M,

I understand what you are saying but respectfully disagree.

You see, as I discern it, the millennial reign is the forerunner to the new heaven & new earth .. there is a clear separation .. like Corinthians alludes to :

1 Corinthians 15

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

There is an order of things, a sequence which must first take place ..

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

This is a generalization ( the presentation of these first two verses is what I mean).. compressed information .. God ALWAYS uses this style .. remember .. He hides His truth from the learned .. why? Because most learned are proud & do not live the gospels as much as they should but attempt to understand by their own wisdom of which we know beyond doubt that God does NOT like one bit .. thus the above seems like it speaks of an instantaneous "end" at the coming, but is it really? We read on ..

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

ALL enemies ..

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Even when the saints are resurrected, during the millennium, it is declared that people still die on earth (just not the saints obviously for they are immortal) .. so though the saints may overcome the enemy through Christ, the enemy itself is not yet vanquished .. so the job is not yet complete even during the millennium ..

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

Notice all things are put under Christ during this phase EXCEPT He who gave this authority to Jesus .. another clear separation.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

After all things are subdued to Christ (after Gog & his armies are destroyed at the end of the millennium which was the LAST example of disobedience / resistance) , then will Christ hand back the kingdom to the Father which will lead to ( after a 7 year lapse) the 2nd resurrection / judgment which event takes place before the new heavens & earth are created where ALL will be one family of immortal spirit beings like the angels .. HERE will the last enemy which is death be conquered .. no more death for all eternity.

Regards :mgcheerful:

Edited by Serving

Also,

` I will establish one shepherd over them, & he shall feed them - my servant David. He shall feed them & be their shepherd. And I, the Lord, will be their God, & my servant David a prince among them; I, the Lord, have spoken.` (Ez. 34: 23 & 24)

`For the children of Israel shall abide many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, without ephod or teraphim. Afterwards the children of Israel shall return, seek the Lord their God & David their king, & fear the Lord & His goodness in the latter days.` (Hosea 3: 5)

Marilyn.

Hi sister M,

Yes I know those scriptures well :mgcheerful: and are no hurdle to my line of reasoning.

The keys :

1 > I will establish One Shepherd over them

Christ is the only shepherd all others are hirelings .. God the Father is once again establishing Him for His final mission on earth.

2 > He shall feed them

Besides the physical food .. feeding is metaphor for spiritual food eg the gospels, "eat My flesh & drink My blood" .. food indeed.

3 > My servant David

Allegory for Christ .. God the Father sends His Son one more time for His final mission.

4 > I the Lord will be their God

The Father Himself ruling through Jesus. (remember .. the Israelites are given up at the moment, being given up means He is NOT their God today for He gave them up) .. but He will be again during the millennium.

5 >  My servant David their prince

As you yourself pointed out in another post dear sister .. Jesus was a messenger (but not an angel which is only ever used to describe .. well .. angels .. even though Christ brought His Father's message and angel means messenger, but there is a notable difference not to be confused of which Christ is NEVER portrayed as an angel which are only a little higher than men as declared in the scriptures .. Jesus is WAY higher than men & angels both ) ..

(Edit) Oops .. when I say Jesus was a messenger .. He is obviously more than that, He is the Messiah & the Word of God .. please note my context .. I am generalizing.)

Genesis 49:24 But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob; (from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel:)

Though there have been many "shepherds" .. only One will gather & lead His own during the millennium .. & He will be Christ our Lord.

Psalms 23:1 (A Psalm of David.) The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Whose Shepherd is David's Shepherd

Psalms 80:1 (To the chief Musician upon Shoshannimeduth, A Psalm of Asaph.) Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a flock; thou that dwellest between the cherubims, shine forth.

Not to be confused with the Ultimate Shepherd Himself .. God the Father whose Shepherd was sent in His Name to speak all that He was told to speak.

Isaiah 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

This shepherd .. Christ our Lord who will be "physically" present in the millennial kingdom to execute His direct control dwelling amongst His subjects

1 Peter 5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

For it is that Shepherd  being once again sent which shall appear (2nd coming) .. and since He is sent, He is therefore "My" ( the Father's) Prince & messenger once more .. The Prince of Peace, Christ our Lord .. that Shepherd.

Thanks sister M.

Edited by Serving

Hey sister M,

Sorry .. I edited my answers because I am in a rush & didn't elaborate enough .. my housemate just got home and is very ill so I am distracted by her moans :hmmm:  LOL .. Doh !!

Um .. sorry, just edited again, please re - read my answer .. I am still distracted .. she is still moaning out loudly .. self inflicted by drinking .. I might go out for a while :mgcheerful:  since I can do nothing to help her but offer water etc ..

Oh boy !!

Edited by Serving

"be harmless as doves"

Hi Jeff .. I agree & am offering my help but to no avail .. anyway, I should not have said anything coz it didn't need saying .. I apologize to all for speaking what didn't need saying.

Feel a little embarrassed now :blush2:

Hi Serving,

Quite understand & pleased to hear a bit of Aussie honesty there. I`m sure you are compassionate most of the time. Anyway, back to our discussion. Now I do agree with a lot of what you say, & can see from your perspective re: Jesus/David shepherd. I thought you might use that tack, if I can say that. Sounds like a chess move. I do love chess, though haven`t played for quite a while. So when I post I do think of what others would say & then know my next move. So that I am not addressing everything at once. I do appreciate 1 Cor. 15: 20 - 28, & thank you for bringing it up. We`ll probably go there again.

But for now I would like, if you have time, to consider the following.

We know that the Lord Jesus Christ is at the right hand of the Father in the third heaven. This we know is the eternal throne, seat of power of God. Actually He is even over that realm, (over all He created). Then we know that the Lord will be given His own throne, authority to deal with every power & authority, as you said, then give it all up to God the Father. The Lord is -

`far above all rule & authority & power & dominion, & every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in the one to come, And He (Father) put all things in subjection under His feet,....` (Eph. 1: 21 & 22)

So we see the Lord is over every authority, power & dominion....in the age to come...also. Thus for the Lord to rule physically on the earth He would be below other authorities, powers & even dominions. He would be ruling from His footstool. Whereas Isaiah tells us that heaven is His throne & the earth is His footstool. (Isa. 66: 1)

It would be like the Queen over the Commonwealth coming & ruling from my little town nearby! You know she rules over Australia but from England. Her power is over us, & in our courts etc.

I have more but you may like to address these thoughts, so far.

Marilyn.