IGNORED

Is the nuclear deal a good thing

tigger398

Guest shiloh357

According to the raw deal, Iran has to submit to inspections "as needed."   It should have been Iran has to submit to inspections anywhere at any time.   Eliminating 2/3 of is not good enough, really.   Iran should have any.   Iran was a signatory on the Nuclear Non-Proliferation treaty.   I guess that means nothing now.

And if ANYONE thinks that this regime of liars is going to abide by the deal, they are delusional.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

If Iran doesn't abide then the sanctions will be immediately put back in place, with no ability for countries to dissent. Of course the US was initially responsible for setting up a nuclear program in Iran.

Guest shiloh357

And you really believe the Liar-in-Chief  when he says that the sanctions will be re-instated?  

Yes, any "cheating" will be widely known and there are other countries involved. I think it also delusional to believe that our 50 to 60 year completely failed policies in the ME should continue.

Guest shiloh357

Yeah, but THIS time our ME policy will suddenly work???   How about 1994 when we were promised that N. Korea would freeze and dismantle their nuke program.  We see how that went.

shiloh357 wrote - Yeah, but THIS time our ME policy will suddenly work???

Perhaps not, then again perhaps it will change the dynamic to some degree.  Our constant intervention, support of oppressive regimes, and other failed objectives have only succeeded in more and more turmoil.  It would seem beneficial to take a different tact and policy, and also there is always the preferred method of many to just use the military, always an option and typically the first to many.

Guest shiloh357

Yeah, this was a deal just to get deal so Obama can put a feather in his cap, and nothing more.  No one on either side of the aisle is praising this deal.  No one likes it and president has to threaten congress with a veto.  

Well if it is rejected then it is quite possible that other countries will decide to lift sanctions believing the US negotiated in bad faith. Some have suggested that the deal could be still in place absent the US. The slow lifting of sanctions doesn't begin for 6 months as the verification process is in place, I would think that is reasonable and those opposed will most assuredly keep a watchful eye. Again, what are the options?  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I rarely post about politics, but this needs to be said about the Iran nukes deal, and Elie Weisel said it best: "When someone says they want to kill you ... believe them."

I rarely post about politics, but this needs to be said about the Iran nukes deal, and Elie Weisel said it best: "When someone says they want to kill you ... believe them."

How about those that don't tell you? Were not 15 of the 19 hijackers/terrorists of Sept. 11 citizens of Saudi Arabia, our ally?