IGNORED

Evidence of a 1000 years rest

Sister

Guest shiloh357

That's nonsense.  My robe is white and spotless because of Jesus.   As  a believer I still sin, but that is not what makes my robe spotted.  The ONLY people who will not go up in the rapture are the unsaved.   Jesus is the one whose blood keeps my robe spotless   Nothing I do has any effect on that.

Part of your problem is thinking you have something to do with your salvation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Sister in post 14 you characterize the Kingdom of God as a prize/gift/reward/trophy or "whatever we want to call it."   That is false teaching.  I am a member of the Kingdom of God as result of God's grace. It is not  prize to win.   It is a gift, pure and simple. 

Shiloh,

I gave scriptures and a great big explanation.  You may of skimmed through what I said quickly and missed my point.

1 Corinthians 9:24   Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

Can you see the word "prize" in the above scripture?  It's only used as an example to show us something.

When one wins a race in this world, he normally receives a trophy. That's my words, and my way of explaining.  There's something at the end of the race to collect when it's over, that's the main point.

Well this scripture above is not talking about a physical race, but a spiritual one.  We know there is going to be more than one winner.  The winner is the one that completes the race and doesn't drop out.  When we complete this race, then we have endured to the end;

Matthew 24:13   But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

We are not competing with each other, but it is a personal challenge to each invidual. This should encourage everyone that when things start to get real tough in our spiritual walk, and we are getting attacked for Christ's sake, don't give up, keep going, it will all be over soon, rejoice.

Matthew 5:12   Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Luke 6:22   Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

Luke 6:23   Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

The gifts are different from what I am speaking about.  The gifts are for now until our change come. The gifts wont be needed when we are perfected at the coming, we will have it all.

Guest shiloh357

What specifically is the prize that you think Paul is referencing?   I don't need an online novel.  Just a straight answer.

BTW Matt. 24:13 isn't talking about salvation from sin.  It is using the Greek word for "saved"  in the sense of deliverance and is referring to those who are preserved to the end of the Tribulation.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Sister in post 14 you characterize the Kingdom of God as a prize/gift/reward/trophy or "whatever we want to call it."   That is false teaching.  I am a member of the Kingdom of God as result of God's grace. It is not  prize to win.   It is a gift, pure and simple. 

This is somewhat of a reference as to the race we are racing for the prize.

To the gifted but immature believers in Corinth, Paul wrote, “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize” (1 Corinthians 9:24). Here, Paul compares the disciplined effort necessary for spiritual growth to an Olympic athlete’s effort to win the prize that awaits only the winner of a race. Growing Christlikeness does not just happen on its own. God certainly “works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose” (Philippians 2:13), but the believer must cooperate with God by exerting responsible and serious effort to follow what the Holy Spirit teaches. “Anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor’s crown except by competing according to the rules” (2 Timothy 2:5). For the disciplined believer, the prize is the “upward call of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:14, ESV). To what does God call the believer? It is to become like Jesus Christ in heart and lifestyle (Romans 8:28–30).

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-Olympics.html#ixzz3gdsmy4wC

That doesn't answer the question.   "Yes" or "no" would be helpful.

Shiloh

I am trying to show bopeep that we really need to start reading all the clues that Christ gave us so we can make our own decision based on this.

The answer is not yes or a no, but both.

If I say "I will not go through the tribulation because Christ washed me clean with his blood", and when he comes, he finds spots on my robe that I was not aware of, and I find myself going through that great tribulation, then I will be embarrassed and red faced....because in my heart I took the highest seat just expecting to be a VIP, but in reality that higher seat was saved for someone else. Shame on me, what a disappointment.

...but if I prepare myself spiritually that I will face whatever God has set out for me and mentally picture all the things I am willing to lose for his sake, and go through all the scenarios of how hard it is going to be, knowing how the enemy operates, and get spiritually prepared in faith to fight this good fight with all my heart, soul and strength .....then I have taken the lower seat. I did not expect the VIP treatment, but expected to go on the battlefield.  Now I can put my training from Christ to good use, because I am going to need it, especially now.

...and If my Lord says no, you can come and sit up here, I have a place reserved for you, and I was not expecting it, how happy would I be!

He that exalts himself will be abased, and he that is humble will be exalted.

We know the saints are going to go through tribulation.  My guess is 90% of all christians.

The other 10% may go through it for a short time - but will have their lives spared.  They will be in the midst of the tribulation but not harmed.

Luke 21:18   But there shall not an hair of your head perish.

These are the firstfruits, the 144,000.

The firstfruits are always 10% of the crop.  The first harvested.

We do not choose ourselves, but Christ chooses them, and these are the ones that he has fed, who have followed him, and the ones he has sealed .....of the last generation.

This is the VIP group, the very elect.

These would have clean white garments on them already when Christ comes,

and the rest will have to be purified with fire, but in the end they will be saved.

1 Corinthians 3:13   Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1 Corinthians 3:14   If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

1 Corinthians 3:15   If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. (tribulation)

I believe that if a person truly reads the Bible literally there is no way they can interpret that we as believers will go through the tribulation.

What specifically is the prize that you think Paul is referencing?   I don't need an online novel.  Just a straight answer.

pound.gifI am sorry but that strikes me funny.Some of these really long posts remind me of a novel.

i did read the bible, thoroughly devoured it,  totally trusting and relying on yahweh for life and understanding and wisdom,

and it is clear from yahshua's own words that

one

promise to believers <IF(and ONLY IF) they stand up for yahshua's testimony (truth) >

is

they will necessarily suffer painful persecution.(and many unto death for their testimony of faith in yahshua) (and it is and has been so ever since)

no one should interpret scripture.  no one. 

I believe that if a person truly reads the Bible literally there is no way they can interpret that we as believers will go through the tribulation.

What do you mean by "no one should interpret scripture"?Do you know what that means?Of course we are to interpret scripture.

The Bible should always be interpreted literally.

Question: "Can / Should we interpret the Bible as literal?"

Answer:Not only can we take the Bible literally, but we must take the Bible literally. This is the only way to determine what God really is trying to communicate to us. When we read any piece of literature, but especially the Bible, we must determine what the author intended to communicate. Many today will read a verse or passage of Scripture and then give their own definitions to the words, phrases, or paragraphs, ignoring the context and author’s intent. But this is not what God intended, which is why God tells us to correctly handle the Word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15).

One reason we should take the Bible literally is because the Lord Jesus Christ took it literally. Whenever the Lord Jesus quoted from the Old Testament, it was always clear that He believed in its literal interpretation. As an example, when Jesus was tempted by Satan inLuke 4, He answered by quoting the Old Testament. If God’s commands inDeuteronomy 8:3,6:13, and6:16were not literal, Jesus would not have used them and they would have been powerless to stop Satan’s mouth, which they certainly did.

The disciples also took the commands of Christ (which are part of the Bible) literally. Jesus commanded the disciples to go and make more disciples inMatthew 28:19-20. InActs 2and following, we find that the disciples took Jesus' command literally and went throughout the known world of that time preaching the gospel of Christ and telling them to "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved” (Acts 16:31). Just as the disciples took Jesus’ words literally, so must we. How else can we be sure of our salvation if we do not believe Him when He says He came to seek and save the lost (Luke 19:10), pay the penalty for our sin (Matthew 26:28), and provide eternal life (John 6:54)?

Although we take the Bible literally, there are still figures of speech within its pages. An example of a figure of speech would be that if someone said "it is raining cats and dogs outside," you would know that they did not really mean that cats and dogs were falling from the sky. They would mean it is raining really hard. There are figures of speech in the Bible which are not to be taken literally, but those are obvious. (SeePsalm 17:8for example.)

Finally, when we make ourselves the final arbiters of which parts of the Bible are to be interpreted literally, we elevate ourselves above God. Who is to say, then, that one person’s interpretation of a biblical event or truth is any more or less valid than another’s? The confusion and distortions that would inevitably result from such a system would essentially render the Scriptures null and void. The Bible is God’s Word to us and He meant it to be believed—literally and completely.

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-literal.html#ixzz3ge3LrEwx

Guest shiloh357

BTW, "Yashua"  is not Jesus' Hebrew Name.  Jesus' Hebrew Name is "Yeshua."    "Yashua" is not a Hebrew word.  I read and speak Hebrew and I know for a fact that "Yashua is completely fictitious and not a real name or word in Hebrew.

wrong.

yahshua told his disciples simple:  spend frequent time with father, alone, ... ... ... 

speak what he speaks, (he is always in perfect harmony and orchestration with all of HIS WORD)

do what he does.(he is always in perfect harmony and orchestration with all of HIS WORD)

yahshua said this would take time to learn, to learn how to live, to live his way,

and by trusting the father to accomplish, it is as good as already done.

but trust yourself, or anyone else(not yahweh), and you have already failed.

choose today who you will obey,  whoever you chose to obey, that is who you are slave to.

obey yahweh, by grace through faith in yahshua, being a slave of righteousness willingly and joyously,

or obey someone else.  one leads to life,  the other to death (even though it seems and even is proclaimed to be right by men) .

I really do not understand what you are saying  :hmmm: