Sister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Sister in post 14 you characterize the Kingdom of God as a prize/gift/reward/trophy or "whatever we want to call it."   That is false teaching.  I am a member of the Kingdom of God as result of God's grace. It is not  prize to win.   It is a gift, pure and simple. 

This is somewhat of a reference as to the race we are racing for the prize.

To the gifted but immature believers in Corinth, Paul wrote, “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize” (1 Corinthians 9:24). Here, Paul compares the disciplined effort necessary for spiritual growth to an Olympic athlete’s effort to win the prize that awaits only the winner of a race. Growing Christlikeness does not just happen on its own. God certainly “works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose” (Philippians 2:13), but the believer must cooperate with God by exerting responsible and serious effort to follow what the Holy Spirit teaches. “Anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor’s crown except by competing according to the rules” (2 Timothy 2:5). For the disciplined believer, the prize is the “upward call of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:14, ESV). To what does God call the believer? It is to become like Jesus Christ in heart and lifestyle (Romans 8:28–30).

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-Olympics.html#ixzz3gdsmy4wC

As Paul said:

Philippians 2:12

So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

And as Peter said:

2Pe 3:14

Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless,

i did read the bible, thoroughly devoured it,  totally trusting and relying on yahweh for life and understanding and wisdom,

and it is clear from yahshua's own words that

one

promise to believers <IF(and ONLY IF) they stand up for yahshua's testimony (truth) >

is

they will necessarily suffer painful persecution.(and many unto death for their testimony of faith in yahshua) (and it is and has been so ever since)

no one should interpret scripture.  no one. 

I believe that if a person truly reads the Bible literally there is no way they can interpret that we as believers will go through the tribulation.

You just did interpret scripture.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

Terese,

Some more scriptures for you to ponder on Sister.

Isaiah 65:18   But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

Isaiah 65:19   And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

Isaiah 65:20   There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Isaiah 65:21   And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

Isaiah 65:22   They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

Isaiah 65:23   They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

Isaiah 65:24   And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Isaiah 65:25   The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Why don't you tell us what those scriptures mean to you instead of just posting scripture?

Bo peep.

Can you do this one thing please?  Have a read for yourself what God is showing us, ....without going to the the internet, and tell me what YOU see in HIS Word alone.

I am curious how you would perceive it by going straight to the source?

Please respond to my above question.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Something is going on here after the Lord returns.

Isaiah 66:15   For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Isaiah 66:16   For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

Isaiah 66:17   They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 66:18   For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.

Isaiah 66:19   And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.

Isaiah 66:20   And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.

Isaiah 66:21   And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 66:22   For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

Isaiah 66:23   And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 66:24   And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

that's how you (all who interpret) get in trouble and get things wrong.

that's how the roman abomination deceived the whole world for so long, ever since it started thru today everywhere, and until yahshua returns.

if the father in heaven tells you what a dream means (remember joseph, and daniel),

(and agabus)(et al)

then you know what a dream means.

if he doesn't tell you,  then you don't know.

the answer rests with yahweh, and in him.  yahshua is our(ekklesia) wisdom and knowledge and strength and life and salvation, not we ourselves.

yahweh says in scripture to not interpret scripture.  simple.

the delight is,  as it is written,  we (ekklesia) all over the world live as one,

not

divided and fighting and arguing and hurting and ignoring one another, but as one,

as yahweh and yahshua are one, so are we, as it is written,

and

when yahweh tells me something, and when yahweh tells my brother in china something, and when yahweh tells my sister in russia something,

he does not tell us something contrary or contradictory or selfish or wrong or at odds with HIS WORD, but entirely in HARMONY

with

all of HIS WORD,  and it is so.  always.

It is impossible to not interpret scripture.  The only way to understand scripture is to interpret it.   The only way to understand anything written is to interpret it.    ANYTHING.

The mind must make sense of the symbols - the letters, words, sentences - in a page.  The mind must interpret these symbols into something meaningful or they are unintelligible  - it would be like trying to read a foreign language.

The only way we can take in information in the written form is through interpretation.

The only way you know what you believe from scripture is because you interpreted it.    Whether wrongly or rightly is secondary to the fact you cannot come to a belief as a result of reading scripture without interpreting it.  That is how God made us.

Terese,

Isaiah 65:18   But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

Isaiah 65:19   And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

Isaiah 65:20   There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Isaiah 65:21   And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

Isaiah 65:22   They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

Isaiah 65:23   They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

Isaiah 65:24   And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Isaiah 65:25   The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

I want you to know I'm not ignoring you.   I've just lost track of this thread in the midst of so much going on.   When I'm feeling a little better i'll try to catch up on what you are saying here.   :)

What was this in response to?

There will be no demon activity at all during the 1,000 years.

I'm inclined to agree but am more interested in how you substantiate that statement.

If Satan is bound, do you really think that God will allow his minions to roam free?  While we are not told that Satan and all of his evil spirits and demons are bound during the Millennium, it is implied by fact that their prince or ruler is bound.  Therefore all his servants are also bound.  There can be absolutely no sin and evil during the Millennium, otherwise it would not be the Millennium.

How is it that they roam free instead of having their power limited?

Terese,

Why don't you tell us what those scriptures mean to you instead of just posting scripture?

Bo peep.

Can you do this one thing please?  Have a read for yourself what God is showing us, ....without going to the the internet, and tell me what YOU see in HIS Word alone.

Ahhh   - but isn't just reading for ourselves how error creeps into our understanding, for if we have no understanding of the culture, the times, the languages, the idioms, etc affecting the particular passage we read,  how do we possess the knowledge to come away from what we read with a right understanding?

Are we able to understand the scriptures infallibly?

What do we measure our understanding against?

Something is going on here after the Lord returns.

Isaiah 66:15   For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Isaiah 66:16   For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

Isaiah 66:17   They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 66:18   For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.

Isaiah 66:19   And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.

Isaiah 66:20   And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.

Isaiah 66:21   And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 66:22   For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

Isaiah 66:23   And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 66:24   And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Is that your answer to what all these verses mean to you is "Something is going on here after the Lord returns"?

Terese,

Bo peep.

Ahhh   - but isn't just reading for ourselves how error creeps into our understanding, for if we have no understanding of the culture, the times, the languages, the idioms, etc affecting the particular passage we read,  how do we possess the knowledge to come away from what we read with a right understanding?

Are we able to understand the scriptures infallibly?

What do we measure our understanding against?

I read the literal true Word of God in the Holy Bible.That is all a Christian needs to do.And study those words.If we pray to the Holy Spirit to give us understanding He will do that.