missmuffet

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

And as you saw, the JW was answered but rather chooses to quote another source that agrees with them and then claim I never answered them. 

Typical subterfuge.

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/28/2016 at 8:13 PM, Ezra said:

We are still discussing grammar instead of Bible truth.  The JWs are plainly heretical, and their grammarians won't save them.

This is a very good point.

Obviously faith in Christ Jesus is not a blind faith. It is founded on fact.

But we live in a fallen realm distorted by the evil that exists here.

And people are evil by nature. Even "the best of us" are sinners saved only by the grace of God.

Despite all of this God subjected his perfect, inerrant truth to it to save all who would believe him.

Mankind like the atheist with the pocket watch on the podium demands a conditional response of God saying "I give God five minutes to prove he exists. Then I'll believe in him. Otherwise I'll remain an atheist." But God sets the conditions, not man.

Grammarians may insist the use of words to describe God as the supreme holiness go through any number of grammatical gymnastics of their choosing... but God, not they, sets the conditions. And (IMHO) to avoid legal jargon that turn simple statements into volumes and volumes of words, God simply said "Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God almighty."

"Well, 'Holy Holy Holy' is not good grammar..."

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1975

i dont agree with all of their doctrine but they seem to be nice people. At least they put in the work

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 21/02/2016 at 4:41 PM, Gargamel Bojangles said:

i dont agree with all of their doctrine but they seem to be nice people. At least they put in the work

Well that's the real tragedy, and it applies to Mormons, as well as others who do not hold to the true Gospel and Bible truth.  The people are very nice, but they believe damnable heresies.

A group pf Jehovas witnesses used to stop by my house from time to time. They seemed to be very kind hearted people. I see them at the library from time and they always speak to me with friendly smile. I appreciate that when there are people in my own church who cant be bothered to speak to me

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/23/2016 at 3:17 PM, Ezra said:

Well that's the real tragedy, and it applies to Mormons, as well as others who do not hold to the true Gospel and Bible truth.  The people are very nice, but they believe damnable heresies.

Not all their teachings are damnable heresy. They teach at least two doctrines which you and others have missed. 

They don't all believe the false doctrines in their society either. Many just take for granted what they are learning, and never really think about what comes to them, or check it with the Bible. People of other denominations do the same. So we should have one ear open to criticism of our doctrines.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, Kan said:

Not all their teachings are damnable heresy. They teach at least two doctrines which you and others have missed. 

They don't all believe the false doctrines in their society either. Many just take for granted what they are learning, and never really think about what comes to them, or check it with the Bible. People of other denominations do the same. So we should have one ear open to criticism of our doctrines.

It does not matter what other doctrines might be acceptable. The key doctrine is the doctrine of Christ, and that is the one which has been attacked by the JWs.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/28/2016 at 5:16 AM, Ezra said:

It does not matter what other doctrines might be acceptable. The key doctrine is the doctrine of Christ, and that is the one which has been attacked by the JWs.

So if they are imperfect they must be ignored. I agree about ignoring a religion for its errors, but not to bypass any truth they hold. It just so happens that one of the things they teach is so important that many people will be lost without it. And it is also true that many of the popular churches hold onto false doctrines which are Antichrist.

As far as the false teaching of Christ as a creature is concerned, I am pretty sure that many JW's have not given it a thought, just as many in other denominations, don't really think about their false doctrines.

All truth is important, and it would be very nice to have a church which has them all.

On 2/28/2016 at 11:16 AM, Ezra said:

Thus far ive never been attacked by  JW