• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Ok here is the thing. When you thank some one for something. How do you thank them without giving away Gods credit. Cause God should have credit for all things. So if you say thank you and if it wasn't for you this might not happened. Is that giving someone credit for Gods glory. So how do you give thanks to the person who was there at right time. Will God forgive you if you thank someone the wrong way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Ok here is the thing. When you thank some one for something. How do you thank them without giving away Gods credit. Cause God should have credit for all things. So if you say thank you and if it wasn't for you this might not happened. Is that giving someone credit for Gods glory. So how do you give thanks to the person who was there at right time. Will God forgive you if you thank someone the wrong way.

Yes,God will forgive you if you thank someone the wrong way.God has a tremendous amount of grace and mercy.God is not some disciplinarian up in the sky shaking His finger at us.God is not like the strict and abusive earthly father that some people have.God loves us unconditionally.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Read in Scripture --- read right through over and over again 

and in WORTHY LIBRARY  

and in FOXES MARTYRS 

especially in Scripture ----   how many times did ANYONE say thank you to a person instead of to Yahweh -

and see what happened when someone accepted the praise from men instead of giving it to YAHWEH ((hint: they died suddenly)). 

"we give thanks unto Yahweh always for you ...."  and so on :  read in Scripture HOW the TRUE BELIEVERS gave thanks and to WHO.......

admittedly,  the 'emotional' deception in the entire world is very great ..... so it can take years,  or a moment, 

to get to the truth......    AND getting the TRUTH ((from Yahweh, not from men;  from HIS WORD;  not aunt jemimah's rules of etiquette ))   IS ALWAYS WORTH IT --- it is the TRUTH that sets us free.....

again -- it may take reading Scripture , prayerfully always, through and through, to learn from Yahweh His Way, 

because His Way is totally different than man's way. 

So I thanked wrong.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

God understands you better than you understand yourself, so He will certainly not make it an issue of "forgiveness" if your thanksgiving was a little awkward. God wants us to thank others sincerely and that does not detract from thanks to God.  See Romans 16:1-26.  Notice verse 3-4: "Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus: Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles."

But if you need to be scrupulous about this there is nothing wrong with saying "Thanks ever so much for_____, and at the same time I would like to thank God for enabling you to do_____".

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

In my country and tribe (Nigeria - Yoruba tribe), you are responsible to thank a person who has done good to you... and the responsibility of the person to say something like "oh, no... all thanks to God".

We often say "He who has learnt how to say thank you for the good done yesterday, is paving a way for more good tomorrow".

And we also have a way of continuous thank yous.. lol... this means, a person does something good today, you say "thank you so much"... tomorrow, or any other day you see the person, it is customary for us to say "thank you for the other day" or "thank you for yesterday" as the case may be...

And so, i don't think God will be offended by you thanking another human... i mean, its not like you're saying... thank you so much, may all the glory be yours (to the person)...

Yes, God is a jealous God... yet, he sees your heart, and understands that you're only showing appreciation to the person for allowing himself/herself to be used of God for you at that particular time...

On the other hand, if in your heart you know you are changing focus from God's goodness to human goodness, then you need to repent of that...

:)