johnc

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Even "if" you could agree upon a common canon (which is a pretty big IF), I doubt that the perspectives (or interpretations, traditions, what have you) that each of you possess could simply be "forgotten" for the sake of this discussion. Even though my personal studies have been

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Ok, this is what I think the truth is when it comes to "Scripture Alone". Its not real, doesn't exist, it is not possible. People do not go by scripture alone, rather, they go by their interpretation of and translation of scripture alone. There's a big difference and it also explains why there can be big disagreements between groups. If people truly went by scripture alone and got the Truth out of it, everyone would agree on doctrinal issues.

Ok, this is what I think the truth is when it comes to "Scripture Alone". Its not real, doesn't exist, it is not possible. People do not go by scripture alone, rather, they go by their interpretation of and translation of scripture alone. There's a big difference and it also explains why there can be big disagreements between groups. If people truly went by scripture alone and got the Truth out of it, everyone would agree on doctrinal issues.

No,

Only those who would receive a love for the truth that they might be saved . . . the rest would still receive strong delusion.

That's the way it has always been.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Please lets stay on the topic.

No judging anybody, only go by the Bible.

Why only go by the Bible and ignore Apostolic Tradition?

Also, will you use a complete Bible or an edited Bible without the Apocrypha?

I Guess since I have only used the KJV, and not seen a Bible with the Apocrypha?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

No,

Only those who would receive a love for the truth that they might be saved . . . the rest would still receive strong delusion.

That's the way it has always been.

Blind,

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

"Only those who would receive a love for the thruth that they might be saved" what?

It seems like an incomplete thought, or its supposed to allude to something that I am not grasping. Please clarify.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

Amen, Timothy. That was one of the best answers toward differences that I have ever seen. The Lord has blessed you with great insight. Thank you, Timothy.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Thank you Timothy for you words of wisdom, I'm sure that Astralis can agree with what you wrote.

Astralis will you let me know where we could start  to study a biblebook from the Bible by Sripture alone, lets do it like Timothy suggested in love and not let pride get a change to take over, only the  truth count.

Munari,  if you don't believe this is possible please do not intervene and let us do this without your comments.

Thank you.

In Christ, Angels

Guest astralis
Astralis will you let me know where we could start  to study a biblebook from the Bible by Sripture alone, lets do it like Timothy suggested in love and not let pride get a change to take over, only the  truth count.

Then you shouldn't be afraid of Apostolic Tradition.  Only the Truth can count.  When you accept this then we can do it.

Why don't we start with what TrustingJesus said?  Salvation is the best part of the Bible, and I don't think there is anything about salvation in the Apocrypha, so that way it won't even be an issue and we can still use our own Bibles without debating cannon or translations. :exclaimation:

Guest astralis

It is revealed through sacred scripture and Tradition.  You can't get rid of one without diminishing the other.