:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

The Bible says not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers, yet in the context of dating and marriage, at least in the West, that mandate does not appear to be heeded, at least in my experience.

I remember when I was younger, I was with some women who held a Bible study once a week. Yet on weekends when I went out with them, they had a night out on the town and flirted with worldly men on the street. Also, I have encountered more people who put the faith aside just long enough to find a mate, then pick it up again afterward. This frustrates me because I refused to be unequally yoked and have been single all my life. Do I have to play this baiting game? Is it really possible to be equally yoked from the very beginning?

I remember many years ago when I was stationed in Germany in the US Army, being driven in a van in a town as a woman missionary was cat calling every guy she drove by, being a guy I founded this very uncomfortable, and this was a woman sponsored by the Independent Baptist Church, teaching in our Church Home School program.

But I can really feel your pain as I also suffered from being single, and watching others breaking all the rules,, and getting this desire, Proverbs 13:12.  I know as a single (and not because i am single but I desire a mate) I feel like a second class citizen in the church, if God would either take this desire away or finally grant me it, it would sure help to solve my own problem in this case.