• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

If you look at someone of the opposite sex and are simply admiring their physical characteristics and not lusting after them, I don't believe there is a problem. Just don't cross that line to lusting form admiring.

Besides, the way I look, I don't have to worry too much about someone admiring me for my looks. :thumbsup:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Just so you know, sister Deez, I'm a brother, not a sister. It just tickled me when you told me not to worry about looking like a guy. :thumbsup:

I was just curious about how bodybuilders can take in so much protein. I am far from even being close to bodybuilding. Shoot, I can barely even do a single pushup. Well............I suppose I could do one if you put a jelly donut down on the ground. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Cracking up at Ovedya cracking himself up!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

I don't think there is anything wrong with looking at a member of the opposite sex and finding them attractive. I can appreciate a good looking guy, but I don't slobber over them, or get obsessed like I've seen some people do. It's not right whether you are married or not. We shouldn't let our focus be on someone's physical appearance.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

I don't think there is anything wrong with looking at a member of the opposite sex and finding them attractive. I can appreciate a good looking guy, but I don't slobber over them, or get obsessed like I've seen some people do. It's not right whether you are married or not. We shouldn't let our focus be on someone's physical appearance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Lol! I was going to say the same thing, but you said it in such a way that it cracked me up! I don't slobber over guys either...well, sometimes my husband, but that's a different story!

Anyway, I was very interested reading this thread! In high school, I discovered late into my senior year that I was missing one semesters worth of a phys. ed credit to graduate. I had to scramble to fit in a class...all that was left was weight lifting. Now, I am only about 5 feet tall and at the time weighed about 95 pounds.......LOL! Here I was with all this football and wrestler guys about 3 times my weight! (There was one other girl in the class who I stuck clsoe to, lol) I got all A's in the class though! I studied for the tests (anatomy and such) and did the work I could do. It was fun and I really enjoyed it! I learned I couldn't even bench press the bar, lol! :blink: I stuck to the other machines (leg press, triceps, deltoids...) set on the lowest weight! :noidea:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  429
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Being attracted to the opposite sex is a natural part of our biological make up. Especially for men who are easily visually stimulated by the female anatomy.

However, Jesus warned about lust, and that a man who looks at a women with lust in his heart, has already committed adultery with her.

His intention was not getting into details, of whether the man or woman are married and thereby technically committing adultery.

Jesus was addressing what is in the heart. If you lust after another person, regardless if she is married or if you are married, it is a sin.

Now, you have to understand the difference between sexual attraction and lust.

Sexual attraction is the natural biological desire that God instilled in us, in order that we would pro-create. Even if you are married, these urges, do not go away.

Lust on the other hand, is something far different. Lust is the extension of the ego, onto the other person. It is the willful desire, to have sex with the other person, for nothing other than pleasure of the self. It has no regard for the dignity of the other person, or what the other person's well-being. It is a purely self-centered desire. It is absent of love.

So, it doesn't matte if you're married or not, nor if the other person is married or not. To lust for them, is sinful.

Guest His_Servant

I agree with everyone else here, that there is nothing wrong with looking at someone of the opposite sex, and thinking they are attractive. My husband and I used to talk about this. There were guys I thought were nice looking, and I didn't care to tell him lol. He never would say ANYTHING about another woman being pretty, though. Then one day we were watching television, and I asked him if the woman on tv was pretty (and she was very pretty). I had asked him that before, but he would always say "NO." I told him there was no sense in lying...that some people are attractive (or pretty), and there is nothing wrong with admitting you think so. I mean, so long as you don't want them, or fantasize about them, there is NO problem.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/05/1967

Just so you know, sister Deez, I'm a brother, not a sister.  It just tickled me when you told me not to worry about looking like a guy.  :P

I was just curious about how bodybuilders can take in so much protein.  I am far from even being close to bodybuilding.  Shoot, I can barely even do a single pushup.  Well............I suppose I could do one if you put a jelly donut down on the ground.  :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:24: I was wondering what the heck was so funny. :o I figured I missed SOMETHING when I posted. I don't know why I assumed that. Please accept my apologies...... :o

Denise <---- completely embarrassed at this point. :P:P

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/05/1967

Cracking up at Ovedya cracking himself up!!
Edited by Deez131

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Cracking up at Ovedya cracking himself up!!