• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/05/1967

Cracking up at Ovedya cracking himself up!!
Edited by Deez131

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Ovedya.....You are sooooo FUNNY !!! Sir .... :o:P:o

After seeing Steve's Picture.....

Steve as I said before.... I sure wouln't want to pick a fight with YOU !!! :24::P:o

Now ...what ??? I can't wear pants ??? thats ridiculous .....

I am all woman. :P

GOD looks at our heart .

LOVE and PEACE to everyone, :P

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/20/1980

the Bible does state that women should dress modestly

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HEY COUNCEL WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY THAT????

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/20/1980

Grace to you,

Yes in case you haven't seen the pictures of him? :o  I'd apologize real quick.  :D:P

Steve much Love bro. I understand what you are saying about the pictures. I too used to read those magazines. I appreciated the from and the definition those men had reached. I switched to all Natural magazines later. When I realized I would never attain that form or definition. The men in those magazines were loaded with steroids. The women too. :24:  Of course nowadays the womens Bodybuilding has taken more of a turn towards the Fitness and overall Model look and appeal. Rather than the Muscle. More feminine. It is a much better turn. :o

I wanted to add that as Christians we appreciate the fact that we have died to the flesh and have attained Blessed Hope thru the Ressurection and promise of our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. It was Paul who said,"I treat my flesh brutally, beating it back." For he was in a race to reach the Crown promised.

1Co

cajun,Feb 9 2005, 11:26 AM]

Now ...what ??? I can't wear pants ??? thats ridiculous .....

I am all woman.  :o 

GOD looks at our heart .

I dunno..... :o I've never heard of such a thing. I certainly haven't read that in the Bible. I know it's a preference of some religions.

Hey, I was thinking about Steve's post. I don't remember if you mentioned it, Steve, but how does your wife feel about you looking at the magazines? I know you said she sometimes points out a pretty girl, so I can't imagine her having a problem with it. I don't know. I just can't make myself have a problem with those magazines. Probably because I've read them for years and I have a different perspective about them. I KNOW what you're reading them for. When I look at them, I look at the guys and the girls (CC, don't even go there :24: ). I like to see what they've accomplished and what they've got to say about it. I don't want to sound like some cliche geek, but (I'm gonna sound like one anyway) it's an artform. Years ago, I used to have a picture of Rachel McLish on my fridge. Just for motivation. I don't know how to describe it, other than it's not the typical reason someone would look at a magazine with nice looking people in it. It's like, "Wow, look how far they've gotten." Or in the case of a lot of guys I've been around, "Duuude! Look at the pecs on that dude! Man, he's a monster!" (Sorry Steve, that is definitely NOT all the guys!) :P

I'm sure there are guys and girls alike that look at the pics with different thoughts in their minds. I guess that would be up to the individual to be able to judge their own heart - or ask God to.

Denise

The problem with "admiring the beauty of the opposite sex" is that it never stops at "admiring", but quickly turns into lust. Like that fruit in the garden, if you keep looking at her face, hair, buns, boobs, and belly, you are going to lust at some point. Its human fallen nature.

This is the best description of the difference between lust, and God-given sex drive I have ever seen, but there is still one problem. Even though this is exactly right, we, being fallen, and so easily turning to our sinful ways, decieve ourselves into thinking we are in love, into thinking somehow the other person wants us too, and we aren't violating them in any way.

Thank you, Jesus, that we are no longer a slave to our fallen state. You know, whysoblind, sometimes it does stop with admiration. It is very possible. :o

Denise

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  429
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

The problem with "admiring the beauty of the opposite sex" is that it never stops at "admiring", but quickly turns into lust. Like that fruit in the garden, if you keep looking at her face, hair, buns, boobs, and belly, you are going to lust at some point. Its human fallen nature.

Now, you have to understand the difference between sexual attraction and lust.

Sexual attraction is the natural biological desire that God instilled in us, in order that we would pro-create. Even if you are married, these urges, do not go away.

Lust on the other hand, is something far different. Lust is the extension of the ego, onto the other person. It is the willful desire, to have sex with the other person, for nothing other than pleasure of the self. It has no regard for the dignity of the other person, or what the other person's well-being. It is a purely self-centered desire. It is absent of love

This is the best description of the difference between lust, and God-given sex drive I have ever seen, but there is still one problem. Even though this is exactly right, we, being fallen, and so easily turning to our sinful ways, deceive ourselves into thinking we are in love, into thinking somehow the other person wants us too, and we aren't violating them in any way.

I am a single 24 year old. I know what I'm saying, because this is a huge struggle for me in finding "miss right". Everytime I meet a woman about my age, I go through the "I think I'm in love" thing, and it is really just lust. What's worse, once I get in the flesh, I am as weak as a kitten in all respects, so just compounds and gets worse and worse. Sometimes the Lord has to hit me over the head to get me back to my senses. It kills me because I don't want to be like that, but I trust God to change me by the Blood of Jesus. Well, He will too, and just at the right time. LOL.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You will never get over the sexual attraction towards women. It is rooted in our biological make-up and not possible to eradicate.

Lust however, goes beyond that desire and is only sinful, when you become conscience of it and willfully refuse to end it.

A piece of advice given to me years ago was, "you are allowed to look at an attractive female, other than your wife, for no more than 30 seconds." :o

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

In my opinion only the person who is doing the looking and God can know if there is lust involved....

and Jesus said But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

First He said whosever..period....... so that covers all.......

I once heard and old evangelist say....... lust is when you are looking and willing to commit the act if the opportunity happens.

Realize God knows when you have crossed the line and I suspect so do we.

I doubt Steve if your lusting, and I do think there is a difference between lusting and appreciating beauty.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

Hey, I was thinking about Steve's post.  I don't remember if you mentioned it, Steve, but how does your wife feel about you looking at the magazines?  I know you said she sometimes points out a pretty girl, so I can't imagine her having a problem with it.  I don't know.  I just can't make myself have a problem with those magazines.  Probably because I've read them for years and I have a different perspective about them.  I KNOW what you're reading them for.  When I look at them, I look at the guys and the girls (CC, don't even go there :o ).  I like to see what they've accomplished and what they've got to say about it.  I don't want to sound like some cliche geek, but (I'm gonna sound like one anyway) it's an artform.  Years ago, I used to have a picture of Rachel McLish on my fridge.  Just for motivation.  I don't know how to describe it, other than it's not the typical reason someone would look at a magazine with nice looking people in it. It's like, "Wow, look how far they've gotten." Or in the case of a lot of guys I've been around, "Duuude!  Look at the pecs on that dude!  Man, he's a monster!"  (Sorry Steve, that is definitely NOT all the guys!)  :o

I'm sure there are guys and girls alike that look at the pics with different thoughts in their minds.  I guess that would be up to the individual to be able to judge their own heart - or ask God to.

Denise

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Denise,

My wife doesn't have a problem with it. She sees it as no big deal. She even occassionaly looks at them too, even though she's not into weightlifting much.

And don't worry, as far as calling someone a "monster" or "freak", in the bodybuilding world those are the highest of compliments. :o

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/03/1995

In my opinion only the person who is doing the looking and God can know if there is lust involved....

and Jesus said But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

First He said whosever..period....... so that covers all.......

I once heard and old evangelist say....... lust is when you are looking and willing to commit the act if the opportunity happens.

Realize God knows when you have crossed the line and I suspect so do we.

I doubt Steve if your lusting, and I do think there is a difference between lusting and appreciating beauty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ignore the quote. Im a kid.