• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Gargamel Bojangles said:

Kent Hovind offers some interesting information on the young earth theory

I found what he says in some of his videos very interesting, but not new, seeing I have read such material in Creation magazine.

I wanted to know what he said about the Sabbath, and he seems to think it was of no consequence for two and a half thousand years after creation. That may have been so with the pagan world to a large degree, but the literal week has been observed in all eras and locations and has remained in place until today. There is no physical evidence for the week as far as we know. Evidence like the cycle of a planet or whatever.

God will preserve the weekly cycle for eternity. 

Now for someone to assume that the week never existed for 2.5 thousand years, is slightly naive. In ancient languages, the days of the week were named, even according to their relation in time to the Sabbath,- named so as well. To presume that the Sabbath did not appear until Moses, is like saying the sky wasn't blue until then either.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

No worries, Kan, there have been thousands of individuals who didn't keep the Sabbath of Yahweh , or aren't known to have, 

and they still had astonishingly great influence ((generally considered GOOD influence)), over a humongous multitude(s) of people.

Yahweh does as He Pleases.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 8:00 PM, Vendtre said:

I really hate this passive aggressive "if you don't agree with me you are not saved" stunt so many Christians try to pull. 

It only serves to drive people away from Christ, not towards him

People who are standing on one leg  ,get very afraid if you ever so slightly push them at all ,

so they make sure you don't,  by attacking you first .:grin:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

34 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

People who are standing on one leg  ,get very afraid if you ever so slightly push them at all ,

so they make sure you don't,  by attacking you first .:grin:

you can learn a lot from a flamingo :blink: 

Guest Thallasa
1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

you can learn a lot from a flamingo :blink: 

Well although they only have one leg  ,they can also fly  so they have more than one 'Arrow ' to their bow .

Now some people flamingos, don't have that capacity , and they are stuck , looking only one way . They then think that all they 'see' is all there is , but not so .   This is a bird that can see in the round . :rofl:No  need for legs, or wings .

Guest Thallasa
15 hours ago, simplejeff said:

No worries, Kan, there have been thousands of individuals who didn't keep the Sabbath of Yahweh , or aren't known to have, 

and they still had astonishingly great influence ((generally considered GOOD influence)), over a humongous multitude(s) of people.

Yahweh does as He Pleases.

Well I don't really believe so much in a temperamental  God ,but One who  made the universe in such a way according to laws which cannot be changed ,for example we know now ,that if the planets were to move very little on their orbits, it would send all of heaven in the sky, into total chaos . I think that He made us in such a way that while we had great liberty within creation ,there was one rule, which if we would disobey, would send us and our future families in total 'chaos  . And that is exactly what happened .

So it was automatic , just like it would be  if we could move the planets it would be automatic  destruction .I believe in a totally rational ordered God, who also absolutely loves His children ,  but not in a tempramental tyrant  who throws tantrums, when people misbehave .  Much of the 'picture ' of this kind of God comes from a lack of a larger frame of reference which people had in the past ,and which is being filled in by science .Those who say they do not believe in 'science ' would be better to say that much of science is either incomplete ,or in some cases twisted to fit an agenda . To stop studying science is to stop studying the created universe and all of those in it ,which is God's handiwork .

By doing this some Young people or not so Young will not have any truc with serious bible study ,which more than anything allow us to have a personal relationship with God (which is it's purpose )while Science alllows us to understand the creation and Wonder at this Amazing Creator who is our Father .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Thallasa said:

Science allows us to understand the creation and Wonder at this Amazing Creator who is our Father .

Yes. True science. 

False science is like having clean water running through filthy faucets, it's contaminated.

5 hours ago, Thallasa said:

Well although they only have one leg  ,they can also fly  so they have more than one 'Arrow ' to their bow .

Now some people flamingos, don't have that capacity , and they are stuck , looking only one way . They then think that all they 'see' is all there is , but not so .   This is a bird that can see in the round . :rofl:No  need for legs, or wings .

flamingos have two legs dear one ... they just like to stand with one and one cocked under them :24: 

Guest Thallasa
8 hours ago, enoob57 said:

flamingos have two legs dear one ... they just like to stand with one and one cocked under them :24: 

Well, when you said 'one leg ' and I thought "I am sure they have two" ,but close together, giving an impression of one, but instead of looking up to check I thought I would go with the 'parable, to see how idiotic it is to not check out the story behind a parable , and to take it always, literally .

But you nearly had me ,as I let my first thought that the bird has two legs , like all birds, be influenced by your mensonges .   You have just broken the 9 th rule of the Lord and now all the people on this site will forever think a flamingo has only one leg . Then they will  teach that to their children .............     .:angel: Now you need to ask for repentance,for leading the innocent astray .

I don't know why they like to sleep that way but I'm sure they have their reasons :D