IGNORED

Creation and an Old Earth - One Possibility

Riverwalker

Guest Teditis
2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I don't know why they like to sleep that way but I'm sure they have their reasons :D 

Probably reading material about the Gap Theory put them to sleep.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Teditis said:

Probably reading material about the Gap Theory put them to sleep.

:24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

On 2/19/2016 at 5:05 PM, enoob57 said:

There is a natural reality that takes place in the reasoning of time and eternality of God... we have been created/born, steeped if you will, in the
time, matter, space continuum... so much so that it is all our reflection of thought and reason causing what God has said here a viable truth

Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
KJV

This is the initial truth of God before us and by our begin as non witnesses the only path to Him is faith as revealed

Heb 11:1-3

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
KJV

Now we, being laid within this capsule of reality, have no recourse to do otherwise but either examine the Scripture for logical truth... if we
turn to the created element which is in the same begin as we this only murks the water of clarity... We either by merit of written Scripture
or by prowess of mankind in present day examine surmising past realtiy... both will be faith but only one with substance being the written
Scripture by which God has said this is 'My Word'! Scripture by its formation a historical proven by archeology to date a >fact< can be
examined and will event the substance of surety whereby one will readily place their entire being upon it precepts...   Love, Steven

This is true. Faith in the word is what counts. I am a particularly literal believer in the bible, that is why I started to doubt the young earth approach which appears to contradict or dilute the wording of Genesis.

On 2/18/2016 at 5:39 PM, siegi91 said:

I don't think it is possible. Because God, by being eternal, existed before those billions of years. And before those billions, of billions, of billions ......., of years.  And so on. No matter how far in the past, He existed before that.

In other words, it took Him an infinite amount of time before firing the birth of the Universe.

:) siegi :)

Exactly, and while he was existing before the birth of the universe, he was surely doing stuff.  So what then is the "beginning" as per Genesis 1:1?   I think it was just the beginning of Mankind's story, when I read that God turned an empty and watery wasteland into a planet able to handle life.  To claim Genesis 1:1 was the beginning of all things is to undermine the very nature of God who never had a beginning. 

8 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

Exactly, and while he was existing before the birth of the universe, he was surely doing stuff.  So what then is the "beginning" as per Genesis 1:1?   I think it was just the beginning of Mankind's story, when I read that God turned an empty and watery wasteland into a planet able to handle life.  To claim Genesis 1:1 was the beginning of all things is to undermine the very nature of God who never had a beginning. 
The subject of Genesis 1:1 is not about God's infinite reality but the begin of all He created- one cannot superimpose upon Scripture but stay within the framework of the text
or else you are adding to what is there.

You are ignoring the literal frame which God says He did it in...

Ge 1:14

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
KJV

Which all our dating method goes by... which God specific says each time

"And the evening and the morning were the (first thru seventh) day."

So to leave this defined period into any other is to leave the plain sense of the hermeneutic to
something else ... this something else will be other than the Scripture and manipulation of text
will be required!

8 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

You are ignoring the literal frame which God says He did it in...

Ge 1:14

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
KJV

Which all our dating method goes by... which God specific says each time

"And the evening and the morning were the (first thru seventh) day."

So to leave this defined period into any other is to leave the plain sense of the hermeneutic to
something else ... this something else will be other than the Scripture and manipulation of text
will be required!

About the lights, remember where the spirit of God is?  On the dark watery surface, so the perspective is made clear in context. It is on the surface of the waters where sunlight first shines through.  A few days later the stars are seen. These visible stars are for signs and seasons etc.  

I don't get you otherwise, before creation, was another creation. And before that creation, was another creation. Because to think God went through eternity without creating anything at all is just far-fetched, beyond his nature. So you are just adding concepts to the text that just do not exist. This reminds me of those flat-earthers who just assume that they are biblically correct witho.ut scripture to back it up.     I find your thinking too earth-centric, and too limiting.   As if mankind was the only interesting thing God did in all eternity.    Even this universe is a limiting concept of God, who lived before this universe, who is without beginning. Sure we are an important project, God sent his only son for us. That's ridiculously important. But other stuff was obviously occurring because God is eternal. So I am not manipulating the text, as you say, I am reading it literally, in context of the very eternal and creative nature of God. To assume God restricted himself to just this one creation is unbiblical and highly limiting.

3 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

About the lights, remember where the spirit of God is?  On the dark watery surface, so the perspective is made clear in context. It is on the surface of the waters where sunlight first shines through.  A few days later the stars are seen. These visible stars are for signs and seasons etc.  

I don't get you otherwise, before creation, was another creation. And before that creation, was another creation.

Because to think God went through eternity without creating anything at all is just far-fetched, beyond his nature.
This is imagination not found written in God's Word and it is disobedience to God to do this....

So you are just adding concepts to the text that just do not exist. This reminds me of those flat-earthers who just assume that they are biblically correct witho.ut scripture to back it up.     I find your thinking too earth-centric, and too limiting.   As if mankind was the only interesting thing God did in all eternity.    Even this universe is a limiting concept of God, who lived before this universe, who is without beginning. Sure we are an important project, God sent his only son for us. That's ridiculously important. But other stuff was obviously occurring because God is eternal. So I am not manipulating the text, as you say, I am reading it literally, in context of the very eternal and creative nature of God. To assume God restricted himself to just this one creation is unbiblical and highly limiting.

We have only the beginning God tells us about... anything outside of this is not from God but from other.
The whole of Christianity is to build ones understanding to the proper hermeneutic formed from God's
Word and only God's Word

2 Co 10:5

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
KJV

This your simply not being obedient to but are imagining within a non permitted way about God....

6 hours ago, Teditis said:

Then why doesn't the Bible talk about these other creations?

Because its mankind's story.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Teditis said:

Then why doesn't the Bible talk about these other creations?

God, in His Word does;

Psalms 8:3, When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

V 4, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

V 5, For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

V 6, Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; THOU HAST PUT ALL THINGS UNDER HIS FEET:

Colossians 1:16, For by him were all things created, THAT ARE IN HEAVEN, and that are in earth, VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE, whether they be THRONES, OR DOMINIONS, OR PRINCIPALITIES, OR POWERS:  all things were created by him, and for him:

Isaiah 45:18, For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

To be inhabited, by us.

Revelation 12:12, Therefore rejoice, YE HEAVENS, [PLURAL] and ye that dwell IN THEM.  Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.