IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, Ezra said:

Now you are trying to change what the Holy Spirit has clearly stated in 1 Timothy, which also corresponds to what He stated in Genesis chapter 9.

For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat. (Genesis 9:3,4).

Please note again, that "every creature" means every creature, and that is also what Peter saw in his vision -- every creature. This corresponds to "every moving thing that liveth" so you are REFUSING TO ACCEPT what God says here, and insisting that the Law of Moses still applies.  That is false doctrine, my friend. If some Christians want to eat Kosher, they have the liberty to do so.  If other Christians do not eat Kosher, they have been given the liberty by God Himself, and by Christ, who said that it is not foods which defile the man, but what comes out of his heart. Neither group may judge the other regarding food, since the Kingdom of God is not meat and drink.

We disagree that the Peter's vision was a dual purpose and made unclean foods clean.  I believe he was referencing Gentiles, henceforth Peter went to Cornelius, not to get a ham sandwich.  That is the point of the discussion.  You state why you think so.  I state why I think so.  I could accuse you of false doctrine too, but we should not act in such a manner.  I do not throw stones at those who want to eat everything.  Those who do, must make sure they do the same for those who believe they need to remain kosher.  Remember, the matter of the heart is our greatest concern.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Shar, Peter lived as a Gentile, not as a Jew.    That means when he ate with the Gentiles, he ate as a Gentile, not as a Jew.  This is what Paul tells us.

The scriptures are very clear about this.

This one fact unravels your argument.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, thereselittleflower said:

Shar, Peter lived as a Gentile, not as a Jew.    That means when he ate with the Gentiles, he ate as a Gentile, not as a Jew.  This is what Paul tells us.

The scriptures are very clear about this.

This one fact unravels your argument.

Hello everyone, I am back , I am trying to catch up where we left off, so give me a moment to get back into this, hello shar, and spock, Ezra and thereselittle flower

blessings and grace to you all from God almighty

1 hour ago, Shar said:

Did not say it is not.  Simply indicated that there reference was not to it, but to the scriptures of the OT

I think I can answer this , for first of all I was the one to bring up this topic, for I have read the scriptures and we have a disagreement that is valid to the word of scripture, it is of a matter I think we are al missing, for we can go toe to toe all day long, that I say banana and you say apple, but what my intended question from this dietary law,, was really the spirit of the instruction, of God given to the people , I am looking at it this way, reguardless, of the back and forth to prove a point, lets place this a side, for just a moment, please , and focus on a answer I have been  hanging on , and it comes to more then just this and pork, so here we go , what is the abiding factor to a word of God to the believer , and instruction, if it was not ment to be forever, for the lords word is forever, the heavens and earth will pass , but His words will not , so for thousands of years we get this , and now its a matter of covenants of the law verse Grace, I am not saying toss the TORAH and bring in Grace, I am saying that God Him self spoke the words of the clean and unclean, and we take it and tug of war with it, I think this is selfish and pride ful to do this, and I also think that if we are to believe God and trust in Him then we need to trust Him in all, now the spirit of the believer to draw to the word of God is what I am trying to really get across, for the spirit guides , and as we learn and grow we learn to change as the spirit leads,  so if there was something like  God told every one, in the O.T we should all have a cracker, and a sip of red juice to honor me in rememberance and in respect do this for me,

and then in the new testament it tells us ,  lets have a meal and beer, what would you think ,. is it the cracker and wine , like God said, or now we are done away with that , and we will just eat a meal and have a beer,

it might be a bad example , but I am t4rying to show, that the first request or instruction is of God , do we not follow God, and in the N.T we decide we are going to have a meal and beer , and we don't have to do  this for the new covenant said, so, does this make any sense, we have egnored the word and went to a action of the self,

I am trying to be with one with God, in discipline and in respect to what He spoke, nothing else, for God is God , and Jesus is God, so I do not see that Jesus covered over what was put out in the first place for Jesus states He comes to fulfill and nothing has changed,

now where the law of God and its sacrifices could not save us today , but did pardon the people this is different, so we have Jesus that has accomplished and finished the work on the cross , so we don't have to go in the back yard with a spotless lamb,  so I get it , do you get it, but grace only covers , SIN and Death which was once covered by sacrifices , so the law has never and will not go away, but Grace only covers what the law could not do for us in this day and time, 

2 hours ago, Shar said:

Did not say it is not.  Simply indicated that there reference was not to it, but to the scriptures of the OT

do you want me to start a new thread in the way that it is honored by all ?

1 hour ago, SINNERSAVED said:

Hello everyone, I am back , I am trying to catch up where we left off, so give me a moment to get back into this, hello shar, and spock, Ezra and thereselittle flower

blessings and grace to you all from God almighty

And also to you Sinnersaved :)

56 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I think I can answer this , for first of all I was the one to bring up this topic, for I have read the scriptures and we have a disagreement that is valid to the word of scripture, it is of a matter I think we are al missing, for we can go toe to toe all day long, that I say banana and you say apple, but what my intended question from this dietary law,, was really the spirit of the instruction, of God given to the people , I am looking at it this way, reguardless, of the back and forth to prove a point, lets place this a side, for just a moment, please , and focus on a answer I have been  hanging on , and it comes to more then just this and pork, so here we go , what is the abiding factor to a word of God to the believer , and instruction, if it was not ment to be forever, for the lords word is forever, the heavens and earth will pass , but His words will not , so for thousands of years we get this , and now its a matter of covenants of the law verse Grace, I am not saying toss the TORAH and bring in Grace, I am saying that God Him self spoke the words of the clean and unclean, and we take it and tug of war with it, I think this is selfish and pride ful to do this, and I also think that if we are to believe God and trust in Him then we need to trust Him in all, now the spirit of the believer to draw to the word of God is what I am trying to really get across, for the spirit guides , and as we learn and grow we learn to change as the spirit leads,  so if there was something like  God told every one, in the O.T we should all have a cracker, and a sip of red juice to honor me in rememberance and in respect do this for me,

and then in the new testament it tells us ,  lets have a meal and beer, what would you think ,. is it the cracker and wine , like God said, or now we are done away with that , and we will just eat a meal and have a beer,

it might be a bad example , but I am t4rying to show, that the first request or instruction is of God , do we not follow God, and in the N.T we decide we are going to have a meal and beer , and we don't have to do  this for the new covenant said, so, does this make any sense, we have egnored the word and went to a action of the self,

I am trying to be with one with God, in discipline and in respect to what He spoke, nothing else, for God is God , and Jesus is God, so I do not see that Jesus covered over what was put out in the first place for Jesus states He comes to fulfill and nothing has changed,

now where the law of God and its sacrifices could not save us today , but did pardon the people this is different, so we have Jesus that has accomplished and finished the work on the cross , so we don't have to go in the back yard with a spotless lamb,  so I get it , do you get it, but grace only covers , SIN and Death which was once covered by sacrifices , so the law has never and will not go away, but Grace only covers what the law could not do for us in this day and time, 

Grace doesn't ONLY cover what the law could not do for us.

Grace is everything.

18 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

Grace doesn't ONLY cover what the law could not do for us.

Grace is everything.

Grace  the gift of salvation, through Jesus Christ the son of God, to atone for the sins of the world , for forgiveness of Sins, and to conquer the grave and sin and death once and for all, this is what grace does, it covers and forgives, and it overcomes death , so it was for the LAW of SIN and DEATH, for the law of moses, is not abolished, nor is it obsolete, or pushed away as non valid, it is still valid

so who decides as believers how the law is put away and grace covers all.

why would we want to put away the law, for now , by Gods mercy, the law of God which is the law from moses given to Him by God and called TORAH, is now written in the hearts and mines of the people that love and is filled with the holy spirit , so with that, we as individuals , are saved by grace, and are equippt with knowledge and wisdom to know Gods will, but it is up to the individual to word out His /Her belief and salvation with a righteous and just God, for if we are not in tuned with ,what we should do with our bodies and minds in service for the lord as servants, bond servants, then we need to read , and see what our responsibilities and duties are to be used as vessels for God, in this world of trials and tribulation,

what gets me is that every one like Omegaman said , wants out of here , and not do any work for the kingdom, let someone else do it,

if we are not the salt and the light and the hands and feet of Jesus , then who is going to be doing the work to save people and be with them as times come against us, we refuse to look at the believers before us, ........ they were set on fire, and tortured and feed to the lions for entertainment , and you now sit in your nice home in your big, chair ,watching football or drama fashions on your big screen T.V and drive your nice cars , and then say , god is good , and I am not going to do anything to help the kingdom , or lift a finger to the calling that is to be persecuted for righteousness , to be killed for your faith in Jesus , where is that fire in you all, and when do you get off the big chair, and go help someone, or share Jesus , we live like kings and queens and if the car don't start it is about God is teaching me a lesson today ?

we are soft, and if we stay on this all you can eat , nothing to do with building and coming forth to help in lives being saved then stay on the chair, and say ,lord ,lord don't you remember me , I was sitting around watching football , but I went to church on sunday , and I did not do anything for you , but I am saved right ?

4 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

Grace  the gift of salvation, through Jesus Christ the son of God, to atone for the sins of the world , for forgiveness of Sins, and to conquer the grave and sin and death once and for all, this is what grace does, it covers and forgives, and it overcomes death , so it was for the LAW of SIN and DEATH, for the law of moses, is not abolished, nor is it obsolete, or pushed away as non valid, it is still valid

so who decides as believers how the law is put away and grace covers all.

why would we want to put away the law, for now , by Gods mercy, the law of God which is the law from moses given to Him by God and called TORAH, is now written in the hearts and mines of the people that love and is filled with the holy spirit , so with that, we as individuals , are saved by grace, and are equippt with knowledge and wisdom to know Gods will, but it is up to the individual to word out His /Her belief and salvation with a righteous and just God, for if we are not in tuned with ,what we should do with our bodies and minds in service for the lord as servants, bond servants, then we need to read , and see what our responsibilities and duties are to be used as vessels for God, in this world of trials and tribulation,

what gets me is that every one like Omegaman said , wants out of here , and not do any work for the kingdom, let someone else do it,

if we are not the salt and the light and the hands and feet of Jesus , then who is going to be doing the work to save people and be with them as times come against us, we refuse to look at the believers before us, ........ they were set on fire, and tortured and feed to the lions for entertainment , and you now sit in your nice home in your big, chair ,watching football or drama fashions on your big screen T.V and drive your nice cars , and then say , god is good , and I am not going to do anything to help the kingdom , or lift a finger to the calling that is to be persecuted for righteousness , to be killed for your faith in Jesus , where is that fire in you all, and when do you get off the big chair, and go help someone, or share Jesus , we live like kings and queens and if the car don't start it is about God is teaching me a lesson today ?

we are soft, and if we stay on this all you can eat , nothing to do with building and coming forth to help in lives being saved then stay on the chair, and say ,lord ,lord don't you remember me , I was sitting around watching football , but I went to church on sunday , and I did not do anything for you , but I am saved right ?

The law is part of the Old Covenant.

The Old Covenant was made obsolete and passing away.

The scriptures say the Old Covenant was:

• abrogated
    annulled
    cancelled
    deprived of its authority and power by God
    destroyed.

How do I get to that understanding?

By taking a hard look at what Paul said, looking at what words mean in the original as well as English I found this:

• Hbr 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 

Hbr 8:7 ¶ For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second

Hbr 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 

Hbr 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 

Hbr 8:10 For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 

Hbr 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 

Hbr 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. 

Hbr 8:13 In that he saith, A new [covenant], he hath made the first old. 
    obsolete, 
    old and about to be abrogated, 
    repealed, 
    annulled, 
    cancelled, 
    abolished by authority

Now that which decayeth
    obsolete, 
    repealed, 
    annulled, 
    cancelled, 
    abolished by authority

and waxeth old
    failing from age, 
    obselecent, 
    being deprived its of force and authority by God

[is] ready to vanish away
    be destroyed

I'll explain how I get this in the next post.

13 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

The law is part of the Old Covenant.

The Old Covenant was made obsolete and passing away.

The scriptures say the Old Covenant was:

• abrogated
    annulled
    cancelled
    deprived of its authority and power by God
    destroyed.

How do I get to that understanding?

By taking a hard look at what Paul said, looking at what words mean in the original as well as English I found this:

• Hbr 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 

Hbr 8:7 ¶ For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second

Hbr 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 

Hbr 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 

Hbr 8:10 For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 

Hbr 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 

Hbr 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. 

Hbr 8:13 In that he saith, A new [covenant], he hath made the first old. 
    obsolete, 
    repealed, 
    annulled, 
    cancelled, 
    abolished by authority

Now that which decayeth
    obsolete, 
    repealed, 
    annulled, 
    cancelled, 
    abolished by authority

and waxeth old
    failing from age, 
    obselecent, 
    being deprived its of force and authority by God

[is] ready to vanish away
    be destroyed

I'll explain how I get this in the next post.

Hello thereselittleflower , I think you need a shorter name for this web , any way please make all and any comments and responses to the new topic I made of does grace cover all of the law of moses , and we can continue this on that topic, thank you