Guest firefromheaven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

There might be one question that HAL has already asked........ "will I dream" :emot-questioned:

sorry but I just couldn't help it..... :whistling:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mat 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

Mat 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Mat 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Mat 27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

No one ever mentions these scriptures.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

"I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far." Philippians 1:23

Sometimes a scripture might appear to say one thing...but if we look closely we will see that it says something totally different.

Budman, you must understand that the Bible cannot contradict itself. Paul isn't going to say something in one chapter...and then something totally opposite in another chapter. The Bible will prove to agree with itself.

Notice what Paul says in 2 Timothy 4:7-8 : " I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course , I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day : and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing .

Paul understood the fact that he will not see Christ until the 2nd coming.

So when Paul says in Philippians 1:23, that he desires to depart and to be with Christ...he wasn't changing his doctrinal stance on the state of the dead...he was simply stating that he had a strong desire to labour for God's people, but an even stronger desire to go to heaven and live with Christ. :emot-handshake:

Or what Christ said in Luke 23:43 - Jesus answered him,

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Hello SDA,

Notice what Paul says in 2 Timothy 4:7-8 : " I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course , I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day : and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

What Paul is speaking of here are the rewards given to all believers at the Judgment Seat of Christ. This event will occur immediately following the rapture or resurrection of the church after it is caught up to be with the Lord in the air as described in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

Remember, at the 2nd coming in Revelation 19:8, the Lord returns with His bride at the end of the tribulation, she is seen already rewarded. Her reward is described as fine linen, the righteous acts of the saints

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Oops, sorry I missed one:

But when Christ died, He didn't even go to heaven that day.

Notice what Jesus says to Mary after His resurrection 3 days later:

"Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father : but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God ." John 20:17

According to Luke 23:46 Jesus did go to Paradise the very day He died; "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit"

Jesus, however, did not say that He would be there for all three days.

What Jesus was talking about in John 20:17 was His final ascention to the Father until the time of His 2nd coming. His work was not yet finished, He needed to prove to the disciples that He had indeed been resurrected.

warm regards

-bud

When the Bible says a person is

though, there is currently a temporary heaven

You are incorrect. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that the thief lived a day after Christ. If you read the whole chapter, it is clear that Christ died only a short while before the other two on the same day

You are correct it doesn't say that the lived lived a day after Christ...but the theif did live after Jesus had already died.

According to the Bible, a new day begins at night. This is why Genesis 1:5 says - "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day ."

As soon as the sunset on Friday, this was the beginning of the next day.

If you notice, the Bible says - "And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on ." Luke 23:54

I belive that Jesus died on friday, before the sunset, and I believe the theives died after sunset. (which, biblically is Sabbath).

But you are correct...it doesn't come out and say that. That is a good point.

According to Luke 23:46 Jesus did go to Paradise the very day He died; "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit"

I had a hard time responding to this, because you actually made the same point that I was about to make.

Yes, the spirit goes to God. This is scriptural. - "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it ." Ecclesiastes 12:7

So yes the spirit goes to God, but is the spirit a conscious entity without the body?Can the spirit taste, see, touch, and feel?

Jesus answers this question for us.

"And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost ."

Then He says:

"Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father ..." John 20:17

Jesus either went to his Father or He didn't...

This must mean, that His spirit went, but is not a conscious entity that communed with God. So I am still persuaded that "the dead don't know anything ."