meals

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

So having a problem with waking up and not being able to eat much, because of my sinuses always draining to my stomach.  So that as a diabetic my smallest meal is my breakfast and my largest meal is my last meal.  So that after getting home from work and not eating for two hours my blood sugar should be between 140-180, yet the last three days it has been will under that 107, 108, 103 which excellent praise God; but because of eating late and often going straight to bed, after sleeping without food for more than 8 hours it should be between 100-125; but the last two days it has been 217 and 156 definitely this is not good.

Does anyone know of anything that might help me with this problem, so that I might eat my biggest meal at the beginning of my day and not the end?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Can you see a nutritionist?  Maybe they can give you some advice.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

So having a problem with waking up and not being able to eat much, because of my sinuses always draining to my stomach.  So that as a diabetic my smallest meal is my breakfast and my largest meal is my last meal.  So that after getting home from work and not eating for two hours my blood sugar should be between 140-180, yet the last three days it has been will under that 107, 108, 103 which excellent praise God; but because of eating late and often going straight to bed, after sleeping without food for more than 8 hours it should be between 100-125; but the last two days it has been 217 and 156 definitely this is not good.

Does anyone know of anything that might help me with this problem, so that I might eat my biggest meal at the beginning of my day and not the end?

Most of Americans eat their smallest meal for breakfast and their largest meal at dinnertime.That is bad for keeping the weight off, it should be the opposite.

Do you see an endocrinologist for your diabetes?They almost always have a dietician in the clinic that you can consult with.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,253
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I go through the same thing.  I eat a small breakfast but one higher in carbs, plus an egg or some protein.  Even peanut butter would work on a whole grain bread.  Then lunch is our main meal with highest in protein, veggies, good oils and some carbs.  A snack a few hours later of fruit, like apple slices and low fat cheese, and a light dinner.  I count calories on My fitness Pal, and my insurance paid for seeing a diabetic nutritionist.  She recommended that the doctor increase my Metformin to deal with high fasting blood sugar.   However, if you don't include enough calories in your diet it will also cause your fasting blood sugar to be high.  I found that out when I was sick.  So be sure you are eating enough during the day and don't skip dinner.  Just make it a small one.  

Most dietitians work around what works for you.  I had one work with a classic substitution plan, another work with a total calorie count plan, and other ways such as the plate, the carb counting, glycemic index.  They match a diet to your life style instead of forcing you into a mold of their choosing.  I will be praying that you will find the right plan for you, since this is so important to our health.

Can you see a nutritionist?  Maybe they can give you some advice.  

Most of Americans eat their smallest meal for breakfast and their largest meal at dinnertime.That is bad for keeping the weight off, it should be the opposite.

Do you see an endocrinologist for your diabetes?They almost always have a dietician in the clinic that you can consult with.

Have seen one before but really don't know how they could help.  But plan on calling my doctor today to see if I should take my medicine differently.

I go through the same thing.  I eat a small breakfast but one higher in carbs, plus an egg or some protein.  Even peanut butter would work on a whole grain bread.  Then lunch is our main meal with highest in protein, veggies, good oils and some carbs.  A snack a few hours later of fruit, like apple slices and low fat cheese, and a light dinner.  I count calories on My fitness Pal, and my insurance paid for seeing a diabetic nutritionist.  She recommended that the doctor increase my Metformin to deal with high fasting blood sugar.   However, if you don't include enough calories in your diet it will also cause your fasting blood sugar to be high.  I found that out when I was sick.  So be sure you are eating enough during the day and don't skip dinner.  Just make it a small one.  

Most dietitians work around what works for you.  I had one work with a classic substitution plan, another work with a total calorie count plan, and other ways such as the plate, the carb counting, glycemic index.  They match a diet to your life style instead of forcing you into a mold of their choosing.  I will be praying that you will find the right plan for you, since this is so important to our health.

I have tried the LGI diet lately especially with the late snacking/meal try to eat nuts (which most are rated at 0 on the LGI, so that shouldn't cause problems) or eating some type of veggies.  But I haven't really been paying attention to the calories will have to look into that.  Thanks Willa.

I also was trying to increase my water intake from about 80 oz. a day to about a gallon, but have had problems with that as the last two days I have drunk will over 150 oz. a day, not real sure that is a bad thing except for the fact that working in frozen those two nights, bathroom breaks really increase.

Edited by FreeinChrist

Just call my doctor office found out I have been taken my medicine incorrectly, as they just give me some new stuff glipzide; to go with my methforim.  suppose to take them together at the same meals and I haven't been doing that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Just call my doctor office found out I have been taken my medicine incorrectly, as they just give me some new stuff glipzide; to go with my methforim.  suppose to take them together at the same meals and I haven't been doing that.

I hope that you will get some relief now that you are taking your medicine correctly.

Will even though I didn't start taking the medicine the correct way yet, my blood sugar reading this morning after work was 100, and when I got up to take my it, it was still 100.  So praise God, that is a very steady blood sugar, and for a diabetic low.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Praise God , I'm so glad things are getting better .