IGNORED

Vatican: Jews can be saved without Christ

Ezra

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, inchrist said:

Your answer is in Revelations study the resurrections and judgements.

I don't need an answer.  I didn't ask a question.  I stated truth.  There is no second chances for salvation.  You get this life and that is it. Anyone else who says otherwise, including the infernal RCC, is wrong.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/20/1987

30 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Can one really claim they had a chance in the first place for salvation in order to accept or reject it?

Rom 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
Rom 1:19  because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.
Rom 1:20  For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
Rom 1:21  because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Guest shiloh357

Not really to our topic.... you don't taken into account millions of those who have never had the chance to accept the gospel or had the chance to understand it, let alone millions of those who have ever lived never heard of Jesus.

Can one really claim they had a chance in the first place for salvation in order to accept or reject it?

Here's the thing about that.   God has made ONE way of salvation.   Just one way.   He didn't create multiple ways for different people.    So someone people have not heard.  I get that.   But that didn't take God by surprise.  

So what does God do with those who never heard??   Well, instead of making ideas and projecting them on to God and presuming to tell Him what he should or should not do,  I simply rest in the fact that God is control, he has a plan for this.   He hasn't chosen to tell us what the plan is.   But God is righteous and He will deal with that situation in a manner that is completely consistent with who He is.  

So  I don't really worry too much about what happens to those who  don't believe.  It is not my problem to solve.   

Guest shiloh357
41 minutes ago, inchrist said:

I would suggest read Romans to start with a since you don't know.

You don't know either.  God has never answered that question.   All you have are your own speculations. 

Guest shiloh357
29 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Doesn't every church

No, the RCC is the only entity that calls itself the one truth church.  Ironically, no devout Catholic is a authentic NT Christian or is even part of Body of Christ.

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Which apparently only protestants do

The RCC places salvation in membership to its cult, not in Jesus.   My point is that there is no protestant denomination claiming to be the one true church.   But it is pretty obvious when understanding the doctrines of the RCC  that a devout Catholic will never get the Gospel from the RCC.   Their faith is in sacraments and good deeds and piety in order to go to heaven.  The RCC is really just a cult, not a church. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

28 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The RCC places salvation in membership to its cult, not in Jesus ...  Their faith is in sacraments and good deeds and piety in order to go to heaven....

Well, which is it? Salvation by mere membership, or by membership in good standing?

According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church: "Believing in Jesus Christ and in the One who sent him for our salvation is necessary for obtaining that salvation. Since 'without faith it is impossible to please [God]' and to attain to the fellowship of his sons, therefore without faith no one has ever attained justification, nor will anyone obtain eternal life 'But he who endures to the end'" (161).

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Which apparently only protestants do

47 minutes ago, inchrist said:

But yet you do exactly the same thing that you accuse the RCC of.... anyone who isn't a protestant is unsaved.  

Touché

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

17 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Neither.   And members in 'good standing' are doomed unless they get saved IN CHRIST,  de facto.

The Catholic Church teaches nothing differently.

Guest shiloh357
59 minutes ago, inchrist said:

But yet you do exactly the same thing that you accuse the RCC of.... anyone who isn't a protestant is unsaved.  

There are lots of Protestants who are not saved.   Sorry, but you twist my words the same way you twist and pervert the Scriptures.