Catsmeow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think there's anything more depressing than attending the burial of someone you love, be it friend or relative ...who has no hope of eternal life.

There's a certain deep, penetrating depression that covers you like a yoke of darkness.

Having just recently buried a lost loved one, I recall the many times I begged her to listen, send evangelical tapes, sent her scriptures, movies, and tried to talk to her about Jesus but got the "icey wall" that comes up everytime I did.

If I sent a video, she'd either send it back or just never open it.

Now, she's gone. She was a nice person and had many friends and of course, they all say, "She's in heaven".....not a one of them knowing what's required for salvation.

I wonder if they even care to pursue the truth and find it. It is enough to say, "They were a 'good person' and therefore in heaven".

Truth is, they were sinners who lived according to their lusts and did as they saw fit and YES, they were 'nice' and wonderful and I will forever miss them.

We're they saved? Did they know Christ? Did they even want to know Him?

No.

The funeral was held in the Catholic Church. A mundane priest who never knew the person gave a warm and fuzzy sermon and naturally talks about going to a "better place" ...blah, blah.

I just feel this sick, depressing pain in my soul....knowing the ignorance of so many people who still believe that being a "nice person" is sufficient for salvation.

Nobody seems to read the "BOOK" and find out what God requires. No one seems to long for the truth.

We all just content ourselves with warm and fuzzy memories to comfort the living who remain behind but nobody really knows the truth. Does anyone really care?

I feel so utterly and completely alone, I can barely find comfort with my own brethren.

I know the truth and while it sets ME free, it's a snare for those who haven't found it and walk in the darkness.

It seems that some seem content in the darkness...and the wallow in it till the Lord tells them, "You're days are over."

I mourn the loss of precious loved ones who's memories I will ALWAYS treasure. I will miss their cards, letters, gifts and calls. I will miss our luncheons and visits. I will miss the sound of their voice.

I will never again see them...for where they have gone, I will not go. Nor can they come to me.

My only hope is that God will erase my memory of them, less I mourn in heaven for their loss.

There's nothing more sad than a "no hope" funeral...where everyone deludes himself that everyone who's loved and popular and has many loved ones and friends is surely destined to some concept of heaven.

Ironically, how many of these poor souls even know the Savior Himself.

I apologize for rambling. This is a very strange time for me...a time to deeply consider this life and those around me. I marvel at how short life is for me.

My friends and family perish all around me and I remain, even while I am still fairly young.

How quickly life perishes.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I share your anguish and pain, We buried an uncle last year and it was a time of my life where Gods word gripped me for the first time. I was a catholic but having just become a Christian I realized that my uncle was lost and there was no hope.

My imediate response was to by a NIV study bible for each of my family. My mom reads a little but is still lost and catholic, my sister and dad have still got there bibles in the original box unopened and I pray for my whole family every day. It is scary and sad but God is sovereign and I guess it gives new meaning to the fact that we may have to leave family and loved ones behing to be with Him.

But as reality stands if Jesus came today my whole family would be lost. But my hope and trust lies with Christ and always will no matter what. What can we do Pray Pray Pray and try and witness as best we can for those that are left.

One thought though how sad is it when a pastor gives a comfortable service at such a funeral and does not highlight the gospel. Not only how sad how does he answer for it one day.

Shane, as I spoke with the priest, I was overwhelmed by the sense that he was as lost as the rest....

That's the truth.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Amen. Its a sad fact that many in th Catholic faith are lost and dont understand the Gospel. I was there and totaly convinced that I was in the original infallible church.

How great Gods grace is that He opened my eyes.

As George Whitfield wrote to Wesley

"Man is nothing: he hath a free will to go to hell, but none to go to heaven, till God worketh in him to will and to do His good pleasure."

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Lord Jesus,

I ask that Your Spirit covers Cats right now and fills her with Your presence.

Grant her Your peace even in this pain and Your joy amidst even this sorrow.

I ask in Your name

Blessed be the name of the Lord!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  372
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

catsmeow I miss talking to you and I am praying for you I said the same thing at the chapel on the web. I love you (((catsmeow))))

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

That was nice Neb: and I Amen your prayer, because I have been where Cats is talking about. It saddens me when I hear pastors or vicars or priests chant the same verses over known sinners as they do over the saved, so I don't go to funerals any more, unless the deceased are related to me through Christ and part of His family. May He find peace for you Cats,

In Him,

eric.

I guess I'm just overwhelmed at how blind people are. They seem so content in their ignorance and don't even wonder, "Where did this person REALLY go?"

It's just easier to say, "They were a nice person so they're in heaven."

*big sigh*

I miss her but I don't expect I'll ever see her again.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Cats, I can feel your anguish in all of this. I know it is tough. Now, I'm going to talk about a person named Catsmeow. This person has faced so many things that I cannot count, has given me advice, and is a very effective Christian and will do anything and everything she can to help anyone she talks to. Okay, that being said, it is our job to point souls to Christ, but we can't make the choice to follow Him for them. This is weighing heavy on you, I know. By no means am I suggesting you can just lay it down automatically, but, sis, you have to move on, one day at a time. God has already used her death to bring your husband closer to him. I suspect, and may be wrong, that you may feel in some way responsible for where she may be. If this is the case, You are NOT. You did what sounds like to me "going beyond the call of duty" trying to help her. Something else, you never really know what is going on in the minds of other family and friends.They say one thing, but the Holy Spirit may be dealing with them in His own way about this. We don't know what will happen down the road. I love you in Christ, Cats, and share your pain. Remember too that satan will try to use this to get you down and try to rob you of your joy and other blessings, he may have already told you that it's no good, that you can't win souls for Christ. Stand firm, tell him he's got a whale of a fight coming with you and the Lord! I'm praying for you, Cats. You are a firm Christian, and you will get through this. Yours In Christ, Joe. (((((((((((((((((CATS))))))))))))))))))) :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Cats: The gates of hell are bolted FROM THE INSIDE. The people there are deliberately TRYING to keep the Holy God away from themselves. Do you think your mother WANTS to be away from God? She doesn't sound like the sort of person who would deliberately try to avoid the Holy Lord.

We do NOT know the last moments of a person on earth.

We do NOT know there is no chance in the afterlife, although most Christian traditions deny there is.....

In Dante's Inferno, the sign above the entrance to hell says: "Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here." However, hell is not without hope, for JESUS CHRIST HAS BEEN THERE!!!