• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

Continuing:

As far as God's name, in Hebrew, God's name is made up of 4 letters. Since Hebrew is not written with vowels, and Judaism stopped speaking God's Name so long ago, there are now questions on how to pronounce it. 

Call it childhood upbringing, but I do not usually pronounce or write God's Name. The use of God's most high Name, somehow bothers me, not that it is wrong, but due to training, just throwing The Name around to me sounds disrespectful.  In English letters it would be either YHVH or YHWH. The Hebrew letters are Yod, Hey, Vav, Hey. Many believe that the most likely pronunciation is probably Yahweh, or Yahveh.

Elochim is a label often used for God in scripture. I would not call that a name. 

In Judaism, in prayers or when reading scripture, Adonai is usually substituted in place of God's most holy Name. Adonai means Lord. In everyday conversation, the term HaShem is used, which means 'The Name'.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

2 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

I'm not sure what 'Hebrew' bible you have, but the spelling is wrong. Sacred Name which is cultic, uses that spelling. Some Sacred Namers joined in with some Hebrew roots groups and taugh the erroneous spelling.

Sacred Name teaches that when scripture says Yeshua will come in God's name, they take that in a very strange way, and think because a shortened version of God's Name is Yah, and Jesus came in God's name, then Jesus Hebrew name must begin with Yah. But, Hebrew grammar does not allow for that spelling so it is basically not a Hebrew name or word, but is a made up word to match their doctrine.

Pure Sacred Name theology also teaches that since we are saved in Jesus Name, to be saved, you must pronounce the name correctly. If you pray to Jesus, you can not be saved because you used the wrong name. If you do no say 'Yahshua' you are not saved. And if you mispronounce it, you can not be saved.

Added: A Jewish person usually takes a name from the language of the country that he lives in. For example, Paul was Paul's Greek name. Saul was Paul's Hebrew name. Because Paul was called to the Gentiles, he used his Greek name. Jesus is fine. And Yeshua is fine. For most in English speaking countries, they would not recognize Yeshua, but in Israel, they would not recognize or understand who you are talking about if you said Jesus. 

The only time it is beneficial to know Jesus Hebrew name is Yeshua is when the meaning of Yeshua is important. Yeshua means 'salvation'. There is a play of words in the NT, concerning the meaning of Yeshua.

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

If you understand that Jesus, or Yeshua means salvation, then it makes more sense that you shall call his name Yeshua (salvation), for he shall save his people.

thank you for helping and telling me this info, ,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, Qnts2 said:
6 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

I am Jewish. And I talk like a Jew. You talk like a Gentile who is not really familiar with the Jewish people, or Jewish practices. When I speak of Judaism, and explain Judaism, I do so accurately as my profession prior to believing on Jesus was to teach the law according to Judaism to Jewish people. I was married to a Rabbi, and all of our close friends were Rabbis. My father taught in the synagogue Hebrew school, so I was educated in Judaism. When I speak as a Messianic Jew, I know hundreds of Messianic Jews and their views, so I am familiar with the many views within Messianic Judaism. Hebrew roots, which claims to know Judaism, is not at all accurate. 

Jewish believers do not generally object to Gentiles celebrating Jesus in either Christmas or Easter. We understand that Jesus is central and to be worshipped. We understand the difference of pagan worship and worshipping God. And coming from a Jewish understanding, do not expect Gentiles to practice Jewish law as it was not given to them to practice.

You do not sound Jewish or accurately portray Jewish people, but like most Gentiles who fall into Hebrew roots, practice a corrupted form of the law, which neglects people and becomes judgmental of others. In Judaism, the view of people is held in a higher regard, with an emphasis on mercy and hospitality towards others. That is Judaism and Messianic Judaism.

Just another note. Your use of the dash in the word God, is Jewish tradition, not the Mosaic law. It is an expansion of the law or the fence around the law. If I was communicating with an Orthodox Jew, I would use the dash, for a reason, but not on a Christian forum. In Judaism, to keep from taking God's name in vain, Judaism did not speak or write God's Holy Name. Before that tradition, God's Holy Name, the tetragrammaton was spoken as evidenced in the book of Psalms. In Judaism, if the Holy Name is written, it is to be handled differently as any writing containing the Holy Name must not be thrown in the trash, or burned so is gathered together, taken to the synagogue, and when enough has accumulated, is taken and buried with care. So as not to cause concern or special care taken by Orthodox Jews, I do not use the Holy Name, or write out substitutes like the tradition of G-d. But, on this forum, it is not concerned about Jewish traditions, and I know that no one will know or follow Jewish traditions, and that such a convention is not in scripture or required. 

Finally, Pagan customs were not and are not used since for something to be pagan, it must include honoring a pagan god. Easter does not honor a pagan God. Easter honors Jesus. Easter was an anti-semitic decision encouraged by Constantine, but among todays Christians, Easter is not celebrated with the new name, and date, to be anti-semitic but to honor Jesus. Your posts accusing Christians who are honoring Jesus, of practicing paganism, is a false accusation, and is a greater violation of scripture then celebrating what Jesus did on a date altered centuries ago.

By the way, have you ripped the book of Esther out of your bible yet?    

I am Jewish. And I talk like a Jew. You talk like a Gentile who is not really familiar with the Jewish people, or Jewish practices. When I speak of Judaism, and explain Judaism, I do so accurately as my profession prior to believing on Jesus was to teach the law according to Judaism to Jewish people. I was married to a Rabbi, and all of our close friends were Rabbis. My father taught in the synagogue Hebrew school, so I was educated in Judaism. When I speak as a Messianic Jew, I know hundreds of Messianic Jews and their views, so I am familiar with the many views within Messianic Judaism. Hebrew roots, which claims to know Judaism, is not at all accurate. 

Jewish believers do not generally object to Gentiles celebrating Jesus in either Christmas or Easter. We understand that Jesus is central and to be worshipped. We understand the difference of pagan worship and worshipping God. And coming from a Jewish understanding, do not expect Gentiles to practice Jewish law as it was not given to them to practice.

You do not sound Jewish or accurately portray Jewish people, but like most Gentiles who fall into Hebrew roots, practice a corrupted form of the law, which neglects people and becomes judgmental of others. In Judaism, the view of people is held in a higher regard, with an emphasis on mercy and hospitality towards others. That is Judaism and Messianic Judaism.

Just another note. Your use of the dash in the word God, is Jewish tradition, not the Mosaic law. It is an expansion of the law or the fence around the law. If I was communicating with an Orthodox Jew, I would use the dash, for a reason, but not on a Christian forum. In Judaism, to keep from taking God's name in vain, Judaism did not speak or write God's Holy Name. Before that tradition, God's Holy Name, the tetragrammaton was spoken as evidenced in the book of Psalms. In Judaism, if the Holy Name is written, it is to be handled differently as any writing containing the Holy Name must not be thrown in the trash, or burned so is gathered together, taken to the synagogue, and when enough has accumulated, is taken and buried with care. So as not to cause concern or special care taken by Orthodox Jews, I do not use the Holy Name, or write out substitutes like the tradition of G-d. But, on this forum, it is not concerned about Jewish traditions, and I know that no one will know or follow Jewish traditions, and that such a convention is not in scripture or required. 

Finally, Pagan customs were not and are not used since for something to be pagan, it must include honoring a pagan god. Easter does not honor a pagan God. Easter honors Jesus. Easter was an anti-semitic decision encouraged by Constantine, but among todays Christians, Easter is not celebrated with the new name, and date, to be anti-semitic but to honor Jesus. Your posts accusing Christians who are honoring Jesus, of practicing paganism, is a false accusation, and is a greater violation of scripture then celebrating what Jesus did on a date altered centuries ago.

By the way, have you ripped the book of Esther out of your bible yet?    

That is why I was soooooooo perplexed.  You quote these articles that blast the Jews, like the last one you posted from an early Church source, that was so upsetting to portray the Jews in such a disgusting manner.  Why would you do that?

I know exactly why the dash is used.  That is what I am used to and will continue to do so.  I am in communication with Jews and I do not wish to slip.  Your discourse did not teach me anything I did not already know.   I already answered you regarding Esther and my argument not being with the Easter name designation, but the substitution for Passover, Unleavened Bread and First Fruits.  Why not keep them since they are the actual times of his death, burial and resurrection as scripted in the Holy Scriptures?

I am quite familiar with Jews, as I explained in my growing up in Miami.  I have never claimed to be Jewish.  I am making my presentation to posts, just like you.  I will continue to do so because it is a Jewish book, written by Jews, regarding a Jewish Messiah, who will return to restore the Jews and return as a Jew to reign in a Jewish land. 

I have never been judgmental of others and their beliefs, but I have reasonably given a counter argument.  Just as you have.  I don't neglect people, but love them and do whatever my Messiah directs me to do in regard to good deeds for them.  I don't think you can accuse me of not holding people in high regard when I had a legitimate question around the offensive post blasting the Jews.

I, however, hold you in high regard, because you are in the family of G-d.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, Shar said:

I do not object to the name Easter.  I object to the practice of it substituting for the Passover (including Feast of Unleavened Bread and First Fruits).  The TRUE death, burial and resurrection of our L-rd.  The TRUE feast to be celebrated.    In Jeremiah, our L-rd tells his people "not to learn the ways of the pagans (Gentile nations)...for the customs of these people are worthless."  Easter grew from a pagan festival with all it's Easter eggs, bunnies, traditional ham dinner, etc.  Falling on the pagan sun worship day of the first Sunday after the full moon of the Spring Equinox.  That is why Easter falls on a different date each year.

Shar, you might not object to the name EASTER but I sure do object and am not ashamed to say such.  Oh, in case you were interested, I'm not a fan of celebrating the birth of Christ on December 25.  Anyone who has done the least amount of study would know this. So why is it celebrated on 12/25? 

Maybe anti- semitism, ya think? (He was more than likely born on the Jewish feast of Sukkot.) 

spock in the house

6 hours ago, Qnts2 said:
2 minutes ago, Spock said:

Shar, you might not object to the name EASTER but I sure do object and am not ashamed to say such.  Oh, in case you were interested, I'm not a fan of celebrating the birth of Christ on December 25.  Anyone who has done the least amount of study would know this. So why is it celebrated on 12/25? 

Maybe anti- semitism, ya think? (He was more than likely born on the Jewish feast of Sukkot.) 

spock in the house

In the parable in Romans 11, the native branches are Israel, not the root. Wild Olive branches are not grafted into the Israel branches in the parable, but into the root.

Romans 2 is not saying the Gentiles become Jews. It is explaining the difference between a believing Jew and an unbelieving Jew. It is playing on the meaning of the root Hebrew word for Jew, Yehudah, which means praise.

Read my previous posts on Easter.  I am in agreement with you.  My reference above was in response to Q who was repeating on our previous Esther discourse.  She was not understanding what I had previously stated in response to her Esther analogy.   I think that He was born during Sukkot as well, especially evident when you follow it through Zechariah and the order of the times the priests were to serve in the temple, as devised by David.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

7 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

I am Jewish and talk with Jewish people as a fellow Jew. I know what Jewish people say to other Jewish people. 

Q,

Do Jews even consider you Jewish? I'm thinking not. I would think most Jews see you as a traitor and definitely not one of them anymore.  (Are you now a Christian or goyim to them?)   Let me know.

spock

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

He never did away with the dietary law, this is still valid until today ,or that verse  of scripture of the future would be a lie ?

SS,

If you wish to follow the dietary laws of Moses, you are free to do so.  If you wish to insist that these laws are for Christians (Jew or Gentile) today, then you are opposing God and His Word. What happens during the Millennium is a totally different matter, since there will be a Temple in Jerusalem also under God.

You have been given plenty of Scripture to back that up.  You say "He never did away with the dietary law". You are now contradicting Scripture, which is a very dangerous thing.  Check all the posts above, and see that God has indeed done away with dietary restrictions under the New Covenant.  

What you do privately is your business. What you share publicly is everybody's business, and now you are introducing false doctrine.

7 hours ago, Qnts2 said:
7 minutes ago, Ezra said:
27 minutes ago, Spock said:

spock in the house

In the parable in Romans 11, the native branches are Israel, not the root. Wild Olive branches are not grafted into the Israel branches in the parable, but into the root.

Romans 2 is not saying the Gentiles become Jews. It is explaining the difference between a believing Jew and an unbelieving Jew. It is playing on the meaning of the root Hebrew word for Jew, Yehudah, which means praise.

Sorry for this.  Means nothing.  Cannot not get out of multi-quote.  Hoping this does it.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

if you have to post something unintended to empty the quote box, you can delete the post right afterwards by hitting  OPTIONS then choosing delete.

To get the unwated quotes out of the quote box before posting, it's a bit more complicated.

This is what I discovered works.

Go to the header of the quote

click in the header - (not on the name of the poster)  and leave the cursor there.

Then with the cursor over the header, CTRL+RIGHT CLICK

A dialoge box will pop up

Choose PASTE

A new box will pop up

hit space bar several times.

DO NOT HIT ENTER.

Instead hit the button to paste  (can't remember what it is now)

If it worked, spaces will appear ABOVE the quote box.

If it didn't work, try again.

Once you have the spaces above the quote box,  highlight from below the quote box up to the spaces - there will be a space hiding above what you first highlight so get it all -   I have to use CTRL+SHIFT+CLICK to get everything.

Once everything is highlighted, hit DELETE.

It should be all gone

53 minutes ago, Ezra said:
18 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

if you have to post something unintended to empty the quote box, you can delete the post right afterwards by hitting  OPTIONS then choosing delete.

To get the unwated quotes out of the quote box before posting, it's a bit more complicated.

This is what I discovered works.

Go to the header of the quote

click in the header - (not on the name of the poster)  and leave the cursor there.

Then with the cursor over the header, CTRL+RIGHT CLICK

A dialoge box will pop up

Choose PASTE

A new box will pop up

hit space bar several times.

DO NOT HIT ENTER.

Instead hit the button to paste  (can't remember what it is now)

If it worked, spaces will appear ABOVE the quote box.

If it didn't work, try again.

Once you have the spaces above the quote box,  highlight from below the quote box up to the spaces - there will be a space hiding above what you first highlight so get it all -   I have to use CTRL+SHIFT+CLICK to get everything.

Once everything is highlighted, hit DELETE.

It should be all gone

Thanks.  I did not get a dialogue box.  I messaged a Moderator and he said they have been getting complaints about this, sporadically.  He is looking into it.  Hopefully it will be resolved.

Thanks a lot for your consideration and help!  Blessings