• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Even if and when someone is silent, 

the tsts can be done, if permitted, that reveal the truth, Yahweh WILLING.

On February 15, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Willa said:

There may be some error floating around Christian circles in this area.  There are "name it and claim it" people who say that in spite of the pain, people should claim that they are healed.  So once I did this because they told me my healing is done in heaven so I should confess it as though it were already done.  So I did this in spite of considerable neck pain which prevented me from moving my head.  As I walked home God started talking to my heart, telling me I had lied.  He told me that like a witness in a court, I could only testify to things I had seen, heard, felt, smelled etc.  So I repented of my sin as I walked.  Within a few hours the pain and stiffness had left me.  

A doctor cannot investigate symptoms unless he is informed of them.  If we go to the doctor and claim we are fine and nothing hurts but we have a broken bone and are experiencing muscle contractions and we hide the swelling, the bone won't be set and won't repair itself properly.  I can't imagine the Good Physician healing us if we lie to Him either.  Since one of the Hebrew names of God is the God Who heals, we should always acknowledge Him as the ultimate healer.  It is God Who created our bodies in a such a way that they can repair themeselves to a large extent most of the time.  But help from man is sometimes necessary so that they heal correctly.  Sometime God does miracles and repairs things that may take several surgeries, and even does it better.  But this is not always the case.  Our God is full of grace and tender mercies.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/20/2016 at 4:01 AM, Alan Hales said:

A natural fact is, “Information used as evidence”, for instance, a pain in a person’s body,

Is informing them that it’s evident that something is wrong. [And that is a natural fact].

Suppose the pain is only in their imagination...

I agree with your opening post btw.

My point is that "natural facts" or "evidence" is subject to the various mindsets of ten billion individuals. Truth on the other hand, is absolute.

Guest Teditis

Well isn't a "fact" also truth?

A fact is not open to subjective thinking... by definition it is "Indisputable".

It's not merely "Information used as evidence" though that's a Hollywood definition.

It's important to get a proper definition of a word when you're going to argue over it's usage.

Even the facts must bow to the truth.

Gravity is a fact. But what is the truth behind it?

Can we agree on what it even exactly?

Until aerodynamics was discovered, man did not have all the "facts" about gravity like he thought he did. Galileo's works altered the "facts" in his day.

Man has turned the priorities around placing fact over truth. Don't be swayed by their attempts to program our minds to humanist thinking.

Truth goes back to the Creator of all things (visible and invisible) and his purpose for all.

BTW gravity is the result of the curvature of space and the expression of mass against that curvature. The effect beyond a certain mass is observable as "gravity." 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

9 minutes ago, JohnD said:

BTW gravity is the result of the curvature of space and the expression of mass against that curvature. The effect beyond a certain mass is observable as "gravity." 

Well, that might be considered true, or a fact, or a theory, and maybe even wrong; 

all of which recently(((last 500 years))) was 'possibly' brought into question ((or to clarify)) by einstein and several other prominent scientists and nasa.  (((lost the references some time ago.... will see if they turn up))).

IN any case,  Yahweh created everything, through Yahshua,

and Yahshua easily was not subject to gravity(((whatever it is or isn't))) whenever the Father Willed it.  

Same with virtually, practically, or literally all other "laws" or rules of nature or science or finance or society, eh ? 

Guest Teditis

There is a fact out there about this thing called Gravity and that is a truth in and of it self.

But Gravity as a whole has not been fully explained and is not defined as fully as it might be

some day. So to quibble over semantics doesn't treat either subject fairly. What would be equitable

would be that we get a dictionary and look up the word "fact" and then use it correctly in our conversations

and not participate in discussions based off of irrational thought lines... this is a "Straw man Argument"

because nobody is putting forth a disparity between Natural facts and God's Truth except the OP.

The truth is that Natural facts ARE God's Truth, as He reveals Himself through His Creation.