silviawang

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

I living in Shanghai ,a Chinese city with a lot of churches ,I have often been to church listening to the sermons, some of them were very wonderful, but I think mostly are do not helpful to develop my faith. so I would rather to seeking the answer in the internet, directly and in time.

I had surfed in the Chinese Christianism website more than a year, and recently I suddenly curious about what the people who grow in the culture of Christianism

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

My church is packed with hundreds of people, many services a day and still packed. Im sure some churches have small numbers, but I do not think that means anything other than they are small churches.

If you check out www.biblegateway.com, you can find english bibles in NKJV and NASB. These will be in easier english for you to understand, if you wish to read them in clearer english.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

On the other hand ,I had read some chapters of bible in English (King James Version),I find a lot of details(I mean detail ) are not the same as it in the Chinese bible ,it is not the defect of translation, but for the difference between the two languages and two culture, I hope to understand the bible accurately, but I can not read more English bible, because I am infuscate by the archaic English ,so I think read the post in the English website is a direct way to solve it(I mean the American website, because its Protestantism

Guest NewPilgrim

Silvia, if you are keen to really understand the meaning and the beauty of the bible, I would recommend that you find a website that teaches you about the original hebrew and greek writings. Understanding Jewish culture and jewish history is very very useful in understanding the bible. There are many websites written in english that will help you with this. http://www.moriel.org is very good. I dont know if they have similar websites that are written in your home language, but if you can find any perhaps they might be even more useful to you.

As far as bibles are concerned I would recommend using a New King James (NKJV) and an English Standard Version (ESV)

Shalom.

Edited by NewPilgrim