IGNORED

Upon the credo of foredoom, why we pray?

silviawang

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

This was the most difficult question to me a year ago when I became a Christian, in this year I understand more and more, but till now I still can not understand it,

it is said that in Protestantism ,this is the most important credo--------some of the human beings be saved, it is destine ,and the others ,be to the hell, no one, not any ceremony, not any way, can change it, try to change it is just challenge the GOD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

From what I read in your post, I think you mean pre-destination, or calvanism.

Prayer is for us to communicate to God, to learn His will. Whether or not predestination is real, that doesnt change our need to pray to God. It doesnt change what we get back from our prayers.

Yes ,I do not know the special word in English, so I use a word can express what I want to say.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

silviawang, I too have a bit of difficulty with what you are asking amd so I will take a guess at an answer to your question when you ask,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

it is said that in Protestantism ,this is the most important credo--------some of the human beings be saved, it is destine ,and the others ,be to the hell, no one, not any ceremony, not any way, can change it, try to change it is just challenge the GOD

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

Silviawang,

Indeed, we do not have the full picture of the puzzle, only God has it and knows all. Our knowledge is very limited but that should not stop us to pray as He as told us to do.

A verse has staggered me when I read it for the first time:

Ezekiel 22:30-32

So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one. Therefore I have poured out My indignation on them; I have consumed them with the fire of My wrath; and I have recompensed their deeds on their own heads," says the Lord GOD.

It seems to me to be saying that because nobody stood in the gap, the city was destroyed. I do not know what standing in the gap really means here, but obviously God was looking for somebody to act but nobody did. The inaction of God's servants here brought doom to that city.

God is asking us to pray, therefore we ought to do it and not to lean on our own understanding or knowledge.

Blessings. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Silvia Wang,

Would you by chance share with us what nationality you are? Do you have a Bible? Is it written in your native tongue? Please tell us a little about yourself.

The "protestants" you are referring to are the Ultra Calvinists that believe in "double-predestination".

The fact is that only the person that is saved, knows whether or not they have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It is true we can "know them by their fruits", but we rarely see the "whole" person. Especially here in cyber-space.

If you or anyone is walking with Christ and your life is wrapped up in Him and serving Him, even as Paul in the New Testament, then you have an assurance of your ultimate destiny with Him.

I am not saying that we will never sin or go astray, but when we do, we have the Holy Spirit within us to bring us back into line. We know by the Word of God if we err and when we do it "grieves" the Holy Spirit. That is a very unpleasant place to be. So if you are talking about your own security in Christ, then listen to that still small voice and let Him point the way for you. If you are speaking of someone else, like I said, all you can do is encourage them and pray for them. All we can do is plant seeds and water, but God does all the hard work of changing hearts and minds.

I pray you do not overly worry about "double-predestination". We are told three imperatives - "Do not worry"; "Do not doubt"; and "Do not fear". So I pray that you be settled in your spirit that God loves you and will never forsake you. Keep hold of that and continue walking with Jesus.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Yes, just Calvinists

Oh ,so complex the Christianity! so many branches

But Calvinism come into my mind, if let me choice the branch I should join ,I think I will be crazy, so large the quantity, so complex the credo

To be a Christian do need the wisdom

But

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

I just obey the little voice saying in my heart, is that the guide of the holy spirit, I do not now.

Greetings Silvia Wang,

Yes, I believe you are being directed by the Holy Spirit. The most important thing you can do is acknowledge Jesus as your Lord and Savior and that you will follow Him and take His Word to your heart, and do what it says.

All the rest will come if you just give it some time. The Lord will guide you.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie