• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  4

8 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I was waiting for you to drag Trump's name into it.  I think your agenda is pretty much along the lines of the President's.  The NRA is the voice to listen to.

I did not drag Trump's name in to anything.  The leadership of the GOP has many factors they must weigh and plan for.  The first being is how sure they are of winning the White House, next how sure are they of keeping control of the Senate and third, if they win the White House, who will Trump pick.  You might have noticed that the GOP leadership does not really care much for Trump, thus they will take that into consideration. I realize that anything that is even perceived as a negative against your man Trump sets you into attack and defend mode, but my comment was not about Trump as much as it was about the game of politics and the GOP

10 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

You were wrong, huh?

No, I was not wrong.  You might not have noticed, but I rarely am. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

4 hours ago, Vendtre said:

Here is where the NRA is wrong, from your Free Beacon link...

“Judge Garland voted to grant an en banc hearing to Heller after the three judge panel struck down the District of Columbia’s gun ban law,” Gottlieb said. “The only reason to do so would be to overturn the pro-Second Amendment ruling. That was hostile to gun rights.”

This is just false, plain and simple.  From Wiki (emphasis mine)...  En banc is often used for unusually complex cases or cases considered to be of greater importance.[2] Appellate courts in the United States sometimes grant rehearing en banc to reconsider a decision of a panel of the court (generally consisting of only three judges) in which the case concerns a matter of exceptional public importance or the panel's decision appears to conflict with a prior decision of the court

It should also be pointed out that one of the most conservative judges in the entire Circuit Court system, Judge Raymond Randolph, also agreed with the en banc request.  Every story I have read about this from a right wing source has used the same lie that granting an en banc means you disagree with the ruling.  

As for the temporary storage of gun registration information, yes, he did uphold a lower court ruling that since it was a temporary storage it did not violate the law.  And you who else agreed?  The Supreme Court did, so it would seem that Garland got it right. 

See here's the thing. I trust the NRA before I trust you. You won't be changing my mind anytime soon. God bless.

3 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

See here's the thing. I trust the NRA before I trust you. You won't be changing my mind anytime soon. God bless.

I am not asking you to trust me, I am asking you to not blindly trust the NRA.  A simple 5 minute search of "en banc" will show you what it means and how it is used.  Then I would ask you to take 5 minutes and look up Judge A. Raymond Randoplh and see if he is "anti-gun" or a liberal judge.  

The information is out there for anyone willing to step outside their comfort zone and look for it.  

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

9 minutes ago, Vendtre said:

anyone willing to step outside their comfort zone

:thumbsup:

Outside

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

My Comfort

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

Zone

Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Philippians 4:4

~

Beloved, Thank You For Being Here

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Number 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

19 minutes ago, Vendtre said:

I am not asking you to trust me, I am asking you to not blindly trust the NRA.  A simple 5 minute search of "en banc" will show you what it means and how it is used.  Then I would ask you to take 5 minutes and look up Judge A. Raymond Randoplh and see if he is "anti-gun" or a liberal judge.  

The information is out there for anyone willing to step outside their comfort zone and look for it.  

I did. And like usual you came up wrong. You continually twist the facts to suit your agenda, though for the life of me I haven't figured out what that is yet. The NRA is the largest legal entity in the US and its dedicated to protecting gun rights-they are rarely, if ever, wrong on gun related matters. If they say someone is anti gun, they are anti gun. And if one honestly took a look at the evidence one will see that once again, the NRA is right.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

59 minutes ago, Vendtre said:

No, I was not wrong.  You might not have noticed, but I rarely am. 

:laugh:

30 minutes ago, Vendtre said:

I don't think anyone else here is going to look up YOUR sources.  Just post them.

7 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

I did. And like usual you came up wrong. You continually twist the facts to suit your agenda, though for the life of me I haven't figured out what that is yet. The NRA is the largest legal entity in the US and its dedicated to protecting gun rights-they are rarely, if ever, wrong on gun related matters. If they say someone is anti gun, they are anti gun. And if one honestly took a look at the evidence one will see that once again, the NRA is right.

I am wrong?  are you kidding me?  I have given you an example of what en banc is for, and I am not wrong.   Please provide your source that shows that the only reasons for an en banc review is to overturn the ruling.   Failure to do so will be enough for me to know you are just making things up like the NRA did.

1 hour ago, Vendtre said:

I did not drag Trump's name in to anything.  The leadership of the GOP has many factors they must weigh and plan for.  The first being is how sure they are of winning the White House, next how sure are they of keeping control of the Senate and third, if they win the White House, who will Trump pick.  You might have noticed that the GOP leadership does not really care much for Trump, thus they will take that into consideration. I realize that anything that is even perceived as a negative against your man Trump sets you into attack and defend mode, but my comment was not about Trump as much as it was about the game of politics and the GOP

Really?  Can you quote my 'attack' and my 'defense'?  I'M not a political zealot; I have other things going on.