• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

No, what John was referring to were false believers who denied that Jesus was the Messiah.  Those are the ones he called anti-Christ (I JOhn 2:22).

So you dont believe that those who are anti-christs are false prophets

Guest shiloh357
Just now, WailingWall said:

So you dont believe that those who are anti-christs are false prophets

Yes, I believe they are.   I simply don't believe that those who don't observe the Sabbath are "antichrist."

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, I believe they are.   I simply don't believe that those who don't observe the Sabbath are "antichrist."

Shiloh, we are told in Hebrews 3 not to walk with an evil heart of unbelief.

HEBREWS 3 [12]Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you AN EVIL HEART OF UNBELIEF, in departing from the living God. [13] But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. [14] For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; [15] WHILE IT IS SAID, TO DAY IF YE WILL HEAR HIS VOICE, HARDEN NOT YOUR HEARTS, AS IN THE PROVOCATION. [16] For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came OUT OF EGYPT by Moses. [17] But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, WHOSE CARCASES FELL IN THE WILDERNESS? [18] And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? [19] So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief

Scripture above (out of Egypt - into the wilderness - those that believed not - destroyed them)

Scripture below (out of Egypt - into the wilderness - polluted HIS SABBATHS - destroyed them)

EZEK.20 [10] Wherefore I caused them to go forth OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT, and brought them INTO THE WILDERNESS. [11] And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them.[12] Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.[13] But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and MY SABBATHS THEY GREATLY POLLUTED: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them IN THE WILDERNESS, TO CONSUME THEM.

There it is. They were destroyed in the wilderness because they were not keeping Gods sabbath day. Dont walk with an evil heart of unbelief {Hebrews3v12}. Keep Gods sabbath day. Today hear His voice!

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, WailingWall said:

Shiloh, we are told in Hebrews 3 not to walk with an evil heart of unbelief.

That is only talking about Israel.  The Church was not given the Sabbath. 

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

That is only talking about Israel.  The Church was not given the Sabbath. 

Hebrews 3 is talking to only Israel???? I think not

HEBREWS 3 [12]Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you AN EVIL HEART OF UNBELIEF, in departing from the living God. [13] But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. [14] For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

You think Israel only will be partakers of Christ. Do you think there are separate rules for Jews and gentiles??

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

Hebrews 3 is talking to only Israel???? I think not

I said it was only talking about Israel.

Do you think there are separate rules for Jews and gentiles??

Yes.

Galatians 3:28 (KJV)
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Your wrong

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, WailingWall said:

Galatians 3:28 (KJV)
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Your wrong

No, I am not.  That verse simply means that ethnic pedigree, gender and social status put no one at an advantage or disadvantage where access to God's grace is concerned.

It has nothing to do with whether or not Gentiles are required to keep the Sabbath.

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, I am not.  That verse simply means that ethnic pedigree, gender and social status put no one at an advantage or disadvantage where access to God's grace is concerned.

It has nothing to do with whether or not Gentiles are required to keep the Sabbath.

JEREMIAH 16  [19] O Lord, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, THE GENTILES SHALL COME UNTO THEE FROM THE ENDS OF THE EARTH, AND SHALL SAY, SURELY OUR FATHERS HAVE INHERITED LIES, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

You can still choose not to be one of those gentiles mentioned in above scripture

Guest shiloh357
28 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

JEREMIAH 16  [19] O Lord, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, THE GENTILES SHALL COME UNTO THEE FROM THE ENDS OF THE EARTH, AND SHALL SAY, SURELY OUR FATHERS HAVE INHERITED LIES, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

You can still choose not to be one of those gentiles mentioned in above scripture

That has nothing to do with Gal. 3:28.   I have no interest in being part of the Seventh Day Adventist cult.  I follow Jesus.