• Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:43 AM, Montana Marv said:

Marilyn

I did not say mature. I said complete. When the Bride has its full number of members, the last person makes the Body complete. Then the Rapture

In Christ

Montana Marv

Hi Montana Marv,

Now just recapping, you said -

`Now if this is the case, who knows when the l

ast piece (person) of the Body of Christ makes the Body...... complete.`

And I replied -

However I do know that God`s word tells me that the Body of Christ will be mature (complete)...... when -

`...we all come to the unity of faith, & of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.``(Eph. 4: 13)

Note this unity is NOT outward but a work of the Holy Spirit in each believer`s heart to know the purposes of God through Christ. We are, I believe in the final stages of the Holy Spirit bringing this clarification of truth across the Body, especially in the eschatology area.

So `COMPLETE` - `teleios,` Gk. word meaning complete, perfect.

This is the word used in the Eph. 4 scripture when the Body of Christ  is complete. This comes about by the Holy Spirit when we come to the unity of faith. God never says it is when the last person comes in. Big difference there & brings what we do here into a greater focus - discussing God`s word to come to the unity of faith by the Holy Spirit.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Montana Marv,

Now just recapping, you said -

And I replied -

However I do know that God`s word tells me that the Body of Christ will be mature (complete)...... when -

`...we all come to the unity of faith, & of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.``(Eph. 4: 13)

Note this unity is NOT outward but a work of the Holy Spirit in each believer`s heart to know the purposes of God through Christ. We are, I believe in the final stages of the Holy Spirit bringing this clarification of truth across the Body, especially in the eschatology area.

So `COMPLETE` - `teleios,` Gk. word meaning complete, perfect.

This is the word used in the Eph. 4 scripture when the Body of Christ  is complete. This comes about by the Holy Spirit when we come to the unity of faith. God never says it is when the last person comes in. Big difference there & brings what we do here into a greater focus - discussing God`s word to come to the unity of faith by the Holy Spirit.

Marilyn.

Marilyn

No, it is God the Father who Draws/Calls us to Christ.  (John 6:44)  He draws us.  It is the Holy Spirit who seals us.  Now since it is God the Father who began this process, it will be Him who finishes this process.  Thus the Bride is complete, having its full number of individuals.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

40 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

Marilyn

No, it is God the Father who Draws/Calls us to Christ.  (John 6:44)  He draws us.  It is the Holy Spirit who seals us.  Now since it is God the Father who began this process, it will be Him who finishes this process.  Thus the Bride is complete, having its full number of individuals.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Hi  Montana Marv,

Yes I agree that the Father draws us. He is the initiator, & has given all things into the Son`s hand, with the Holy Spirit doing the outworking. So let`s see this from God`s word.

The Godhead  - At the source there is the provision by the whole Godhead,

The Father - with the initial movement of the Father;

The Son - the administration of the Son;

The Holy Spirit - and the direct agency of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus said - `No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him;…` (John 6: 44)

Jesus said - `…when He the Spirit of truth, has come, he will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; & He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is mine & declare it to you.

All things that the Father has are mine. Therefore I said that He will take of mine & declare it to you.` (John 16: 13 – 15)

So starting with your scripture MM & then bringing in other scriptures we can see the whole picture of the Divine procession. The whole Godhead is involved with the eternal purposes.

Thank you for this interesting discussion. Marilyn.