• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

42 minutes ago, post said:

that's exactly what i was saying too. 

Good, so we're in agreement that the theory of evolution doesn't exist ? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

1 hour ago, Enoch2021 said:

Good, so we're in agreement that the theory of evolution doesn't exist ? 

how could i possibly agree that "the theory doesn't exist" lol

i suspect you are probably misusing that word. please explain what you mean when you say the word "evolution" ? 

also, did you go back and read what i've actually written in this thread yet? because if you did, i don't think you would have to ask me that question, and maybe i won't have to go over again how people, especially well-meaning but uneducated believers, misuse and misunderstand the word "evolution" 

thanks. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Saved by Grace.....

String Theory is just that ... a theory.  Just like evolution is a theory.  Theories are not facts or laws.  The Big Bang is also just a theory.  God is real and His truth is real.

No truer words ever spoken,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GODS TIMELESS TRUTH is the ONLY TRUTH!!!!!    AMEN!!!                 To God be the Glory!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11

32 minutes ago, post said:

i suspect you are probably misusing that word. please explain what you mean when you say the word "evolution" ? 

That's my Question TO YOU:rolleyes:

You used the term ( post: "... animals don't evolve by random mutation; they evolve through purposeful adaption" ) ; SO (again):  

Define evolution...?  Then, post The "Scientific Theory" of evolution....? 

Here's the Problem:  Equivocation (Fallacy) ---  when a word or phrase is used in 2 or more different senses in the same argument.  

evolve (evolution) = change.

Many just use the TERM "evolve" flippantly to denote "Things Change"....then incoherently attempt to staple it to "Evolution" (i.e., the Scientific Theory of evolution) and say the Theory of Evolution is TRUE cause "Things Change". :blink:

also, did you go back and read what i've actually written in this thread yet? because if you did, i don't think you would have to ask me that question, and maybe i won't have to go over again how people, especially well-meaning but uneducated believers, misuse and misunderstand the word "evolution" 

oy vey, gimme a break

how could i possibly agree that "the theory doesn't exist" lol

What "theory" ? ;)

regards

13 hours ago, Enoch2021 said:

You used the term ( post: "... animals don't evolve by random mutation; they evolve through purposeful adaption"

i was describing how an idea called "chameleonism" understands how adaptive, beneficial changes in species occur. 

it's just as unworkable to try to have a conversation with someone who shows no apparent ability to comprehend what you are saying and no interest in listening to anything but his own pontifications, as it is with someone whose only purpose is to argue and stir up non-contextual strife.

i hope you have a nice day :)

wait; scratch that last comment -- God only creates nice days; i hope you recognize the day for what it is :)

On 4/13/2016 at 8:02 PM, post said:

"evolution" is not the idea that life spontaneously arose, uncreated, by complete random chance. evolution is not an "origin theory" at all -- but well-meaning, yet ignorant believers toss the word around to apply it to things it really isn't. evolution is just a theory of how animals have changed over time, and may or may not refer to drastic changes such as birds arising from lizards -- or it may simply refer to within-phyla changes like all the different breeds of horse coming from a single horse ancestor.

18 hours ago, Enoch2021 said:

the theory of evolution doesn't exist ? 

let's forget the poor phrasing on your part -- obviously the "theory" exists. 

what do you mean by "evolution" doesn't exist? 
that no animal has ever changed at all over many generations? that's not true; there are dozens of examples observed and documented even over the relatively short time that mankind has been watching such things. like the 'Darwin's finches' mentioned in this thread. salsify flowers. maggot flies. orca whales. monarch flycatchers. etc. 
that life didn't begin by lightning striking a bit of primordial muck? that's "spontaneous generation" not "theory of evolution." 
that pigeons and velociraptors aren't distant cousins? sure. but that doesn't mean cooper's hawks and red-tails aren't. 

same question i asked before, still not answered, that i hope makes you think: 
how many different kinds of butterflies were on the ark, do you think? how many different pairs of deer? or housecats? were there separate pairs of abyssinians, maine coons, siamese, shorthairs, etc. or just one pair of small cats? where there housecats at all, or just something like a lynx or ocelot or oncilla? or were there oncillas, lynxes, ocelots, servals, margays and a dozen other small-to-medium cats? or just one pair of something that was a common ancestor of all these?  
what does it mean that God created the beasts "after their kind" ? 

i'd really like to know. please skip the diatribe about "conspiracy to defraud mankind and replace God with humanistic false-knowledge" and give the actual questions some thought. 
thanks

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/09/1970

to me evolution is real but is from God too I believe God put all things into motion and all things come from Him so why could He not use what man call evolution to help all thing a just to what He but into motion just like the weather patterns and other things we see in our life we give words to things we not fully understand at time the word evolution is one of them words we use I think if one really studies both scientic and God word most will see that we are but using our understanding that limited to explain God creation that was put into motion at the beginning of time  this is away of life God make we see things a just to the weather changes and other changes around them man try to make since out of this all but with our limited understanding we really at times confuses our self into thinking that we know more then God  myself I am kinda  believing  that God make evolution just like He made all other things too

love light and hope lily

9 hours ago, post said:

it's just as unworkable to try to have a conversation with someone who shows no apparent ability to comprehend what you are saying and no interest in listening to anything but his own pontifications, as it is with someone whose only purpose is to argue and stir up non-contextual strife.

Translation: I can't SUPPORT what I say, so I'll conjure from thin air appeals to ridicule (fallacies) so as to Exit... Stage Left in a feeble attempt to save face.

i was describing how an idea called "chameleonism" understands how adaptive, beneficial changes in species occur. 

Organisms have built in mechanisms to adapt to their environment, within limits.  SO ?? 

let's forget the poor phrasing on your part -- obviously the "theory" exists. 

The "theory" of what??  Post the Scientific Theory of evolution...?

...that no animal has ever changed at all over many generations?

Obviously things "Change".... a complete imbecile @ the beginning of time could have reached the same conclusion observing two successive generations of his family and a family of squirrels. 

...that life didn't begin by lightning striking a bit of primordial muck? that's "spontaneous generation" not "theory of evolution." 

Well we'll evaluate/assess your claim once you post the "Scientific Theory" of evolution....? 

Do you even know what an "Actual" Scientific Theory is?

how many different kinds of butterflies were on the ark, do you think? how many different pairs of deer? or housecats? were there separate pairs of abyssinians, maine coons, siamese, shorthairs, etc. or just one pair of small cats? where there housecats at all, or just something like a lynx or ocelot or oncilla? or were there oncillas, lynxes, ocelots, servals, margays and a dozen other small-to-medium cats?

I have no idea, I wasn't there.  What's your point with this anyway?

such things. like the 'Darwin's finches' 

I can walk around my neighborhood and see different "Beak" sizes on all my neighbors.  SO ?? 

please skip the diatribe about "conspiracy to defraud mankind and replace God with humanistic false-knowledge" and give the actual questions some thought.

I wasn't gonna say that.   And what on earth led you to even attempt to "divine" my response?  Do you have special mind powers or something ?

Let's TEST your Blind Conjecture Acumen, What's my Favorite Color?

regards

5 hours ago, Child_of_Hope_in_Jesus said:

to me evolution is real but is from God

"evolution", what's that?  Please post the "Scientific Theory" of evolution then we'll see if it's REAL or not.

THEN,

Post the Scriptures that show where GOD used it...?

regards

is this supposed to be the part where i obligingly become your punching bag? 

you're not here for a conversation anymore than the OP was. 

i hope you get those "pats on the back" you are looking for! :) 

now go ahead and pretend i'm ignoring you from here on out simply because i'm "unable" to "defend" or "support" something, if it seems good to your vanity. in reality, i have better things to do, and people who actually know how to have discussions to talk to. 

k bye