• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Dear Dime Ministrie, Christ is not His Name. His name is Jesus/Yeshua THE CHRIST. He is THE ANNOINTED (which is what the greek-Christ means.)

Yeshua is the Annointed ONE. We as Christians are the annointed ONES.

When people refer to Jesus/Yeshua they should be referring to Him as THE CHRIST.

not "Jesus Christ" but Jesus the Christ" Christ is not His last name.

He is the annointed One we are the annointed twos, threes, fours, and so forth as our God YHVH is one of MULTIPLICITY. Be ye fruitful and multiply.Hense the title "Christians".

The reason for the capitilizations in the scriptures of God and Lord is because there are many gods and many lords, This was the way the to distinguish our God and Lord from the many false ones. If you have ever spoken with a muslim they also use the word God but we know they do not worship the same God we do. If you talk to a Buddest, they too use the word God . They do not always refer to their god as Buddah.

There is a verse in proverbs (will look it up later) where our God asks "What is MY Name and what is MY Sons name if you can tell. Read Yeshuas prayer to the Father. I believe in Matt, where as He is praying He says Father I have made known Your name to them. God is simply a title. But a good one just the same. He is YHVH my God. He is Jesus/Yeshua my God and my Lord.

I use the NKJV Spirit filled Bible. In all the commentaries at the bottom of the pages the person refers to God as Yahweh. There are many who just absolutely believe you have to pronounce it a certain way and I for one disagree with them But, I do agree God the Father has a name not just a title same with His Son. He came in His Fathers Name and I believe it.Yeshua has made us kings and priests to rule and reign with Him,but He is the King of kings and Lord of lords.

But I wont go so far as to rebuke one for not capitalizing the title of Christian. Yahweh God has called us all to peace and this could provoke one to misunderstanding if we are not careful.

I do believe we need to distinguish who are God is, for example I worship the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Just to say I worship God , you might get asked which God? This has happened to me, especially living here in the melting pot of the world with so many different gods being worshipped.

Not to be too picky but it is something to ponder on. I dont think wordsower meant any disrepect for not capitilizing the title given to us such as Christians. I often use the title "believer" but I do not capitalize it. Each one of us are at different stages in our walk with The Christ. We may disagree over doctrine, but we are to love one another just as He has loved us. Shalom

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Dear Dime Ministrie, Christ is not His Name. His name is Jesus/Yeshua THE CHRIST.  He is THE ANNOINTED (which is what the greek-Christ means.)

Yeshua is the Annointed ONE. We as Christians are the annointed ONES.

When people refer to Jesus/Yeshua they should be referring to Him as THE CHRIST.

not "Jesus Christ" but Jesus the Christ" Christ is not His last name.

He is the annointed One we are the annointed twos, threes, fours, and so forth as our God YHVH is one of MULTIPLICITY. Be ye fruitful and multiply.Hense the title "Christians".

The reason for the capitilizations in the scriptures of God and Lord is because there are many gods and many lords, This was the way the to distinguish our God and Lord from the many false ones. If you have ever spoken with a muslim they also use the word God but we know they do not worship the same God we do. If you talk to a Buddest, they too use the word God . They do not always refer to their god as Buddah.

There is a verse in proverbs (will look it up later) where our God asks "What is MY Name and what is MY Sons name if you can tell. Read Yeshuas prayer to the Father. I believe in Matt, where as He is praying He says Father I have made known Your name to them.  God is simply a title. But a good one just the same. He is YHVH my God. He is Jesus/Yeshua my God and my Lord.

I use the NKJV Spirit filled Bible. In all the commentaries at the bottom of the pages the person refers to God as Yahweh. There are many who just absolutely believe you have to pronounce it a certain way and I for one disagree with them But, I do agree God the Father has a name not just a title same with His Son. He came in His Fathers Name and I believe it.Yeshua has made us kings and priests to rule and reign with Him,but He is the King of kings and Lord of lords.

But I wont go so far as to rebuke one for not capitalizing the title of Christian. Yahweh God has called us all to peace and this could provoke one to misunderstanding if we are not careful.

I do believe we need to distinguish who are God is, for example I worship the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Just to say I worship God , you might get asked which God? This has happened to me, especially living here in the melting pot of the world with so many different gods being worshipped.

Not to be too picky but it is something to ponder on. I dont think wordsower meant any disrepect for not capitilizing the title given to us such as Christians. I often use the title "believer" but I do not capitalize it. Each one of us are at different stages in our walk with The Christ. We may disagree over doctrine, but we are to love one another just as He has loved us. Shalom

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess Paul and others are in trouble for not capitalizing christ in the Greek...I mean, they went so far as to just put "X" to symbolize Him. Either way, the above post is correct, Christ is a description, not a name.

As for the question, I can love someone who does not believe the same way I do, however I cannot be around them in all circumstances.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I mean doctrinally.  Say you have a strong disagreement on a doctrine.

Can you stand in fellowship with that person?

I admit that I have some work that needs to be done.  I have had disagreements in the past on this forum with certain people and for that I reacted in the incorrect way.

I am sorry and ask for forgiveness.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely.....

there are several that have a total disagreement with the sequense of the end times compared to what it really is the way, that would be Pre Trib Rapture ( just kidding guys ) seriously thou, I do believe in the pre trib, and strong enough in that belief that i wont be moved. there are a couple that are just as strong in the post trib..... we may get heated back and forth, but that does not mean we do not love each other to the max.

most doctrine that comes along and tends to divide groups is really something that has no baring on whether or not a person is a true born again Christian, and should not, better not matter as far as loving them......

another example is some believe that you are not to sing any songs except those of the Psalms, for they say David is the only one that was God inspired to write songs ( sing songs ) of God to God...... others may not want any musical instruments played, they think music has to be with out musical instruments...

there are others that say onlly the hymn books are to be used and nothing that is projected on the wall or screen..... then like me, I DONT CARE AS LONG AS THE SONGS AND MUSIC HONOR AND PRAISE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.......

believe it or not, things like this build walls between believers, and keep them from fellowshipping together and even grow into anger turning into bitterness which then turns to hatred towards others..... things like this do not matter.....

mike

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Let's not split hairs here and stick to the topic at hand please. Thanks oh so much! :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

I mean doctrinally.  Say you have a strong disagreement on a doctrine.

Can you stand in fellowship with that person?

I admit that I have some work that needs to be done.  I have had disagreements in the past on this forum with certain people and for that I reacted in the incorrect way.

I am sorry and ask for forgiveness.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dime Ministries,

Truthfully it might be difficult if certain topics of which different oppinions were expressed, at the same time it could also prove a good learning experience. So yes, a fellowship could be stood in with such a person. For even those that believe in the same doctrine will not always see things eye to eye and can still share in fellowship...the same surely could be said of those who come to believe in different doctrines. It would just be a matter of finding the understanding as well as the love to see through the differences.

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

What about if you have a disagreement on what you consider to be an essential doctrine?

The Trinity was brought up by "other one". Can you fellowship with someone whom you consider to be wrong on an essential?

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Difficult people are used by God to help develop our character. Patience, love, self-control, etc., are often developed in us through trials and other people. How can we learn to have patience without having something to be patient for?

Sure I can love someone that I have differing views and opinions with! The bottom line comes down to this... God loves that person very much and commands us to. It's not always easy, but it can be done when we mind our attitude, heart and words.

I agree with others who have said that if we have hugely different ideals, morals or beliefs than someone else, we can still love them and have some fellowship with them.... they just wouldn't be in my main circle of friends. There are times, however, when it is appropriate to cut certain people out of our lives, too.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

What about if you have a disagreement on what you consider to be an essential doctrine?

The Trinity was brought up by "other one".  Can you fellowship with someone whom you consider to be wrong on an essential?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dime Ministries,

That is a difficult question, but it is felt that perhaps with some time as well as prayer on the matter that it can be done. For even a good amount of Christians as well as members of other faith come to practice doctrines of which are not always felt to be true.

May God Bless You Abundantely

Danielle

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I'm not for splitting hairs either, but in my own opinion, I will call Jesus, Jesus, I will call Christ, Christ, I will call him Jesus Christ. I do not think I will refer to him as Jesus The Christ. For me to do so , will make me feel I have a lesser relationship with him. For example, if I had a close friend named John Smith, I would not refer to him as John The Smith. But, like I said, JMO. We are to love all people, and we will fellowship with one another, whether it is close or casual. If we treat others with respect, I think that is the real issue. We can always agree to disagree. I have a aquantance that is a Jehovah's Witness, he respects my beliefs and I respect him as he believes as he does. I think we should surround ourselves with other like believers as much as possible, but we will always have those around us that we don't agree with. Jesus would want us to get along with such people, as he shows love to all, so should we.

YIC,

Joe.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

JC, I think you must have misunderstood my post. Do you know what the last name of Yesha/Jesus is?

Of course you would not call John Smith "John the Smith because his last name is Smith.

Yeshua/Jesus would probably be called Yeshua Ben David, Yeshua Ben Man, Yeshua Ben Joseph, or Yeshua Ben YHVH/God.

This is to say Jesus the Son of David, Jesus the Son of Man, Jesus the Son of Joseph ,Jesus the Son of God.

But the word CHRIST is His TITLE He IS WORTHY OF. He is JESUS THE CHRIST/Jesus the Messiah, Jesus THE Annointed. How would calling Him The King, THe Christ, The Savior, make you feel like you had a "lesser" relationship with Him?

Im not trying to split hairs here, I am only showing that Jesus has many names here such as

THE Prince of Peace

The Great I Am

The Rose of Sharon

The Lilly of the Valley

The Savior of the world

The CHRIST.(THE Annointed)

And I am one of THE Christians who follow THE Christ. Shalom