• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

38 minutes ago, SIC said:

So let me get this right.. You are basically saying "One cannot be a Messianic Jew and a Christian at the same time.. One has to choose between the two." Is that right Ogner?

Not exactly. I just want to say You can't be almost pregnant.

Either through Christ, our Lord from Whom all good things come, through Him in the unity of the Holy Spirit or kinsmen according to the flesh.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

I really don't get what you are saying.... Pardon me...

what exactly do you mean by almost pregnant and what do you mean by according to the flesh in the context of Messianic Judaism?

1 hour ago, Qnts2 said:

The term Messianic Jew, means a Jewish person who believes in Jesus/Yeshua the Messiah.

A Christian is a person (Jew or Gentile) who believes in Jesus the Christ.

Christ is based on the Greek term, Christos. Christos means Annointed One.

Messiah is based on the Hebrew term, Moshiach. Moshiach means Annointed One.

So, Messianic Judaism is based on the Jewish culture, and is evangelistic to the Jewish people.

Christianity is mainly Gentile in culture. Very few Christian churches have any effort to share the gospel with the Jewish people. Those Christian churches who have a desire to see the Jewish people come to the Messiah, partner in some way with a Jewish mission organization. 

So you are saying Messianic Jews are Christians who remain Jews in order to reach out to the unsaved Jews. Is that right?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

45 minutes ago, SIC said:

So you are saying Messianic Jews are Christians who remain Jews in order to reach out to the unsaved Jews. Is that right?

Messianic Judaism has a lot in common with Christianity. I am including a link to the statement of faith of the largest Messianic Judaism organization; Messianic Jewish Association of America

http://www.mjaa.org/site/PageServer?pagename=rd_aboutus_statement_of_faith

Messianic Judaism views Christians as brothers and sisters in the Lord.

While some Messianic Jews celebrate Christmas, most do not. Messianic Jews see the OT Holy days as prophetic and transferred into the NT in celebration and memory of what Jesus has done for us. Because of the differences, and the more Gentile views in Christian churches which are also viewed as lacking the understanding of the Jewish context of the NT, some Messianic Jews say that Messianic Judaism is not Christianity. Others view Christianity and Messianic Judaism the same only with Messianic Judaism interpertations are from a Jewish view. 

And yes. Messianic Judaism has a primary purpose of reaching out to unsaved Jewish people. And a secondary purpose to provide a place for people who are Jewish to worship in a manner more comfortable for Jewish people, and helping new Jewish believers with issues more unique to Jewish people who have come to believe in Jesus. 

26 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

Messianic Judaism has a lot in common with Christianity. I am including a link to the statement of faith of the largest Messianic Judaism organization; Messianic Jewish Association of America

http://www.mjaa.org/site/PageServer?pagename=rd_aboutus_statement_of_faith

Messianic Judaism views Christians as brothers and sisters in the Lord.

While some Messianic Jews celebrate Christmas, most do not. Messianic Jews see the OT Holy days as prophetic and transferred into the NT in celebration and memory of what Jesus has done for us. Because of the differences, and the more Gentile views in Christian churches which are also viewed as lacking the understanding of the Jewish context of the NT, some Messianic Jews say that Messianic Judaism is not Christianity. Others view Christianity and Messianic Judaism the same only with Messianic Judaism interpertations are from a Jewish view. 

And yes. Messianic Judaism has a primary purpose of reaching out to unsaved Jewish people. And a secondary purpose to provide a place for people who are Jewish to worship in a manner more comfortable for Jewish people, and helping new Jewish believers with issues more unique to Jewish people who have come to believe in Jesus. 

I see... Ok. Thanks

10 hours ago, SIC said:

I really don't get what you are saying.... Pardon me...

what exactly do you mean by almost pregnant and what do you mean by according to the flesh in the context of Messianic Judaism?

I wish you would take the time to understand my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Ogner said:

I wish you would take the time to understand my opinion.

I really dont understand. If you would make it a little clearer...... Thank you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings SIC,,,,,,

Sincere question & "sincerely" Qnts is very knowledgable in this area,,,,,,she does not merely have intellect & academics but her heart is for Jesus,a Spirit Filled woman of God,so she can give you a sound perspective,imo     Ezra also,he will never voice "opinion" outside of the Written Word of God,,,,,,

In my "opinion" even the phrase "Messianic Judaism" is an oxymoron,,,,,,however,I personally know many individuals who call themselves such & simply hold to their traditions to Honor God & they do not live "under the Law",,,,,,,,as John5055 seems to see people as I do,as individuals & not clumped into groups or categories.,,,,,,,,it is very difficult to say "THEY do this or that",,,,,,,,,,Christianity is a personal RElationship with our Lord & Savior,how can we know each man's heart,,,,,,,,,,,,,

As I mentioned ,Qnts will be able to expand on what the basic "whole of" Messianic Judaism is supposed to be about,much better than I can

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Ogner,,,,,,,,

52 minutes ago, SIC said:

I really dont understand. If you would make it a little clearer...... Thank you

Rather, you don't want to understand.

I'm really not quite sure if you desire "stirring the pot" o r what your motivation is but it is quickly revealed through the consistency in h ow a person replies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,To say"You don't want to understand" to- Brother SIC is uncalled for,he made an earnest & heartfelt request for you to clarify your reasoning,,,,,,he seems quite sincere in hoping to understand you better,,,,,,,,

This seems to be your predictable response when anyone asks you a question to clarify your statements,defense & accusation,,,,,,,,we don't discuss things that way here on Worthy,we,as the Body of Christ" do our best through prayer & Unity to " reason together"   I too,have a very hard time understanding what you are trying t o say & experienced a very similar response from you,,,,,,,,I have been here a long time my friend & I can tell you that this type of posting does not encourage discussion,,,,,,,,,,,,,

4 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Ogner,,,,,,,,

I'm really not quite sure if you desire "stirring the pot" o r what your motivation is but it is quickly revealed through the consistency in h ow a person replies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,To say"You don't want to understand" to- Brother SIC is uncalled for,he made an earnest & heartfelt request for you to clarify your reasoning,,,,,,he seems quite sincere in hoping to understand you better,,,,,,,,

This seems to be your predictable response when anyone asks you a question to clarify your statements,defense & accusation,,,,,,,,we don't discuss things that way here on Worthy,we,as the Body of Christ" do our best through prayer & Unity to " reason together"   I too,have a very hard time understanding what you are trying t o say & experienced a very similar response from you,,,,,,,,I have been here a long time my friend & I can tell you that this type of posting does not encourage discussion,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Did you understand what I meant to say?